Who was it... - Re: Gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:14 pm

I think Stu's assessment of both Gerrard and Alonso is quite good and accurate.

I agree when Stu says that Gerrard should use his brain more. He is capable of prodigious things, but often is guilty of being overly ambitious and not always picking the simple ball. He knows he is capable of doing something dramatic, but he tries the dramatic almost every time he gets the ball in the opposition half. Hell, even Maradona and Hagi knew that most balls you play should be simple side foot passes to a team mate 10 yards away.

Alonso is a different midfielder than Gerrard, but I think one of equal quality (although it may not be obvious at times). I'd love to think they will merge into the greatest central midfield partnership on the planet, although who knows whether Gerrard will stay and even if he does, whether he and Alonso realise their potential together. However, even if Gerrard was to go, I could see Alonso taking his mantle (not playing the same kind of football but rising to the same influence as Gerrard clearly is).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Gerrard injury then Alonso injury and the Gerrard debate is frustrating as I get the feeling that we have the best midfield partnership in the league if only we could get them together on a run of games

I sense with a few threads that we are not the finished article by no means but with Nunez slowly improving and Kewell starting to look good before his injury and Garcia when things do go his way and Morientes joining

Are we slowly and quietly turning into a real class team
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:48 pm

Xabi Molby anyone?

Jan Alonso?   

the similarities are quite astounding when you think about it.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:50 pm

You're forgetting one important detail, Jim: the 5 bellies.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:53 pm

Anyone been watchin our old players on sky latelty in the competition see Molby hes dead fat , still great tho we beat the bluesh#te the otherday :cool:
Good to see all the old players tho.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:56 pm

Jan Molby actually started his Liverpool career as a forward.  :oh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:57 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:You're forgetting one important detail, Jim: the 5 bellies.

:D
i sort of thought everyone would have taken that one for granted JBG.

anyway, leads me to an interesting theory , if Alonso starts gettin dead fat will it affect his game? the evidence would lead to a resounding  NO .

so if you see him out dont be scared to take him for a bevvy. If Molby can pass that well and be that Big, so can Xabi.  :D
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:59 pm

Maybe he will get a scouse accent like Molby aswell Xabi 5 belly scouse Alonso :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:59 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone been watchin our old players on sky latelty in the competition see Molby hes dead fat ,

Ciggy , Molby was born fat .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:00 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone been watchin our old players on sky latelty in the competition see Molby hes dead fat , still great tho we beat the bluesh#te the otherday :cool:
Good to see all the old players tho.

i havent seen it - havent got sky. used to watch it on eurosport years ago though.

how are we doin? are we still takin the p*ss or what?
we used to p*ss then competitions.
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:01 pm

Yer I think we won it havent watched it for a few days but we got to the final, I think we probably won tho :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone been watchin our old players on sky latelty in the competition see Molby hes dead fat ,

Ciggy , Molby was born fat .  :D

:laugh:    cracker
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:02 pm

:D I know but hes fatter now, youve got sky woof havent ya been watchin them?
they where on every mornin over the new year.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:03 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Jan Molby actually started his Liverpool career as a forward.  :oh:

only reason he sacked it off was cos he was never gonna get "best fattest forward with a scouse accent ever" when Mick Quinn was on his heels.
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:04 pm

Yeah I saw some of it . When I saw Jan I thought it was an ad for Michelin tyres.
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion