Is Gerrard a "Problem" ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Being honest yakka id say he will be off and rodgers knows it so thats why he has done another spectacular u-turn.
Can't blame stevie either as that wage cut is extreme and and insult to the years he has given us. no one is their right mind on any type of salary would take that kind of deduction.
It will be sad to see him leave but its understandable why he will.

This is the time now to start integrating can into that side so he can become a permanent fixture, not lucas as he will more than likely be off in the summer and we will have wasted valuable time if emre isn't given the chance now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:27 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 pm wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:If the papers are to be believed then this is his last season with us
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/pre ... --sow.html

also rodgers has given an interview to ellis from the mirror which was printed on todays back page. in it he is saying that his days of playing 90 minutes and every game are over  :laugh:
personally i don't have a problem if he sits out but why the sudden change from rodgers ? it was only last week he was hailing him as perfectly able to play 3 games in a week and now he isn't.

perhaphs gerrard raised the rent fees

maybe he has broken it off with brendan  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:41 pm

ive said all along about rodgers and gerrard. Now he drops him cos he doesnt care if he upsets him cos his near the sack. Gerrard is acting like a spoilt brat in my opinion and i bet hes a right whiner always in managers office i bet. Can is far better stronger fitter should start everytime before him.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:11 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:25 pm wrote:Being honest yakka id say he will be off and rodgers knows it so thats why he has done another spectacular u-turn.
Can't blame stevie either as that wage cut is extreme and and insult to the years he has given us. no one is their right mind on any type of salary would take that kind of deduction.
It will be sad to see him leave but its understandable why he will.

This is the time now to start integrating can into that side so he can become a permanent fixture, not lucas as he will more than likely be off in the summer and we will have wasted valuable time if emre isn't given the chance now.

I think the ball is firmly in the court of the club heirachy mate, IMO it's their call. It can go one of two ways, the club could up their offer to Gerrard  and pay him what he wants or conversely they may even see this contract dispute as a way of helping Brendan out of a tricky situation. It's never easy when a genuine club legend approaches the end of his career and doubly difficult when said legend has no intention of bowing out gracefully.
So If they up their offer we'll know FSG want him to stay, if they don't we can assume that they must think it's a good time for Gerrard and LFC to part ways.
It will be interesting to see what happens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 am

Gerrard has responded to rumours in the press that he has fallen out with Brendan by calling them NONSENSE. He also tweeted a picture of himself and Brendan laughing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:01 am

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left. The team needs to move forward, new players need to assume his role and the manager needs to get into 'life after Gerrard' mode.

Great lad, terrific service over the years but he can't hold the team back, we have to move on.

Caveat: (look it up Eds), we haven't replaced Carra, not Suarez so you must assume we won't be successful in replacing Stevie either. let's face it we should have had someone ready to take over for at least the last 12 months anyway. Oops.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am

Reg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:01 am wrote:I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left. The team needs to move forward, new players need to assume his role and the manager needs to get into 'life after Gerrard' mode.

Great lad, terrific service over the years but he can't hold the team back, we have to move on.

Caveat: (look it up Eds), we haven't replaced Carra, not Suarez so you must assume we won't be successful in replacing Stevie either. let's face it we should have had someone ready to take over for at least the last 12 months anyway. Oops.

I was saying in the summer that we should just offer Everton ridiculous money for Barkley, if we'd have offered them £50m he'd be a Liverpool player now and our midfield would have been sorted for the next decade. Can and Barkley would have made a good partnership IMO, plenty of power, pace, energy and with Barkley creativity too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 am wrote:He also tweeted a picture of himself and Brendan laughing.

Gee that'll quash the rumours  :laugh:

And Barkley will be a great choice
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Looks like the club have offered Gerrard a one year rolling contract with a pay cut, by the sounds of it he wanted a two year deal. Apparently the club aren't pressurising him for a decision or anything and will give him the rest of the season to mull over his options.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Although it's difficult to type, I think everyone would be better off with Gerrard finishing his career in the sun or the states.

Don't get me wrong, I still rate him very highly and think he can do a job for a year or two as a bit part player...but I don't think Gerrard wants that. On the contrary, he wants to be leading from the front and playing every single game. He doesn't want to be a bit part player, coming off the bench or being hauled off at half time. Yet, that's the only role he can now perform, at least at this level.

So, rather than watch one of our legends fight in vain to prove his diminishing worth, I would prefer to see him bow out at the top (in the summer) and finish his career in Spain, Italy or the USA.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:19 am

Absolutely imperious in the 2nd half last night. Was like watching the Gerrard of 5-6 years ago bursting forward.

Amazing how much better he looks higher up the pitch. Then again it's hardly rocket science.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 am

Yeah but we shouldn't be dependent on a 34 year old to provide the spark. Great to see it but to be dependent on it.... ahhh !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 am

^^^^ Exactly my thoughts

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am

Reckon he'll be back on the bench against Sunderland, given that the two biggest games of the season come after that in Basel and Man United.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:30 am

Hopefully as I think his rest V Stoke gave him both the energy and the motivation for the game yesterday.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion