Gerrard named pfa player of the year - Well done gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:58 pm

Steven gerrard has been crowned pfa player of the year. I do think he deserved it but i think someone deserved it more than him but wasnt even in the running jamie carragher but owell well done gerrard congratulations

Bet moanrinhos got summing to say bout this

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:15 pm

Well done Stevie, you deserve it. When you've got Stevie G in your team, it's like playing with 12 men on the pitch. Legend.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:26 pm

a deserved award  :bowdown

well done stevie! and best of luck.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Totally deserved. It's a travesty that Carragher wasn't even in the running for the award but it can't be denied that Stevie G deserves it. He's grown on and off the pitch hugely in the past 18 months. He single handedly took the Liverpool team by the scruff of the neck at times last season to drag them to within a whisker of clinching 4th spot in the league and then he helped to drive the lads on in the second half in Istanbul last may to clinch old big ears. Last summers fiasco nearly cost him his place at the club he loves and nearly cost the club it's prize playing assett and in a bizarre kind of way it seems to have helped him; he's playing some of the best football we've seen at anfield for quite a while and this season it's been with a smile on his face which in the last couple of years had been missing at times. We can safely say (i hope) that this summer we aren't going to have any dramas over where stevie is going to be playing his football next season.

Well done Stevie G and lets hope we see you and the lads topping this off with the FA cup being lifted by you in cardiff in a few weeks time.  :bowdown  :bowdown
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:00 pm

He deserves it. I don't have to explain why because he shows us on the pitch. After being overlooked in past years for this award, finally he has been recognised. Stevie G is a legend in his own right. He is head and shoulders above the rest (maybe not crouchy though :D  ) Sometimes I wonder when he's going to get on the end of his own crosses. The lad has it all, passing, crossing, tackling, shooting and most importantly the passion and desire.

STEVE GERRARD GERRARD
CAN PASS THE BALL 40 YARDS
HE'S BIG AND HE'S F.UCKIN' 'ARD
STEVE GERRARD GERRARD

Captain Marvel  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:06 pm

What a weekend for the pool

Friday, fa youth cup win

Saturday, fa cup final place

Sunday, Gerrard caps it off by winning player of the year.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Completely deserved it! He is a LEGEND!

Congrats Gerrard on winning it!

LETS BEAT WEST HAM AT CARDIFF, LETS BEAT WEST HAM AT CARDIFF, LETS BEAT WEST HAM AT CARDIFF  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:50 pm

Great, nice one stevie
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:52 pm

First reactions from Stevie G on his PFA award:

Gerrard expressed his shock at taking the prize, emphasising the depth of talent in the six-man shortlist.

"I am still in shock to be honest," said Gerrard.

"If you look at the shortlist, there are five other guys who have so much talent. They are all special players.

"And then there are also the guys who have not made the shortlist - there are so many players who could have won this award.

"I looked at the list of past winners and there are some fantastic names on there - some legends, so I am really proud to have joined them, it is really special."

Gerrard also expressed his delight at landing the award so soon after the FA Cup semi-final win over Chelsea.

"It has been one of the best weekends of my life," Gerrard added.

"To go through to another FA Cup final and win this special award is fantastic for me."

From SkySports.com

Gerrard humble to the last. He mentions the list of previous winners having some fantastic names on it and now they're in good company with him joining the list.

STEVIE G  :bowdown  :bowdown
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:02 am

Am absolutely made up for him. He's had a cracking season right from the first game and thoroughly deserves the award. LFC's best player by a country mile and he's only 25!

Although I'm pretty shocked to see just how many other players got votes on this board for LFC player fo the season. This puts that in a bit of perspective.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:21 am

Totally deserved - if one questions his performances they need to look at the position he was playing "most of the season" he is not a RM but has done very well for the sake of LFC........a true Captain in my eyes.
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:36 am

:bowdown  :bowdown

:buttrock  :buttrock
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:42 am

Excellent, well deserved that Gerrard gets it. Maybe Liverpool haven't won the title but we've been a massively improved side with a much less expensively assembled bunch of players than Utd or Chelsea, and there's no doubting what a big role Gerrard has played.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:44 am

Huge congrats to Stevie. Well deserved.

Also congratulations to Jamie Carragher named in the 'PFA Premiership Team of the Year' too.

I was surprised and disappointed not to see Steve Finnan (Chimbonda) or Pepi Reina's's (Given) named in the team though. I believe both deserve selection simply on the basis of consistency. Next year lads.

Horrified to see Ronaldo.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:51 am

Given is top class and probably the only reason Newcastle haven't spent more time in the struggle at the bottom of the league. But I totally agree that Finnan should have got that spot over "who the hellis" Chimbonda. Different classes. Finnan top, Chimbonda is remedial.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion