Gerrard named pfa player of the year - Well done gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lionheart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:00 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Given is top class and probably the only reason Newcastle haven't spent more time in the struggle at the bottom of the league. But I totally agree that Finnan should have got that spot over "who the hellis" Chimbonda. Different classes. Finnan top, Chimbonda is remedial.

No doubt Given is top class and point taken re. Newcastle possible position if not for Given.  :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:02 am

What was Ronaldo doing in the team of the year? Up until Christmas he was non existant. Im guessing Chimbonda was only in it because of Wigan's decent season and they felt they deserve a player in the team of the year
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:19 am

weringo wrote:What was Ronaldo doing in the team of the year? Up until Christmas he was non existant. Im guessing Chimbonda was only in it because of Wigan's decent season and they felt they deserve a player in the team of the year

Yeah, can't think of any other legitmate reason.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:22 am

Is it me or does Christiano Ronaldo's neck go all the way up? I swear his head is the same width as his neck. Easier to choke I guess.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:30 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Is it me or does Christiano Ronaldo's neck go all the way up? I swear his head is the same width as his neck. Easier to choke I guess.

Wasn't there an English test cricketer a few years ago with the same problem??  :D

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:53 am

Congrats to SG. Well deserved. Very inspirational captain and really pushing the lads forward all the time. He's a humble guy. Hope next year we'll win the premiership title.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:58 am

Well done Steven Gerrard. Long may you remain a Liverpool player.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:00 am

Congrats Gerrard!
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby The Italian Job 2005 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:55 am

Brilliant - congrats Gerrard.

Always thought he was in with a reasonable shout tbh considering the awesome season he's had and the fact that: Lampard (hasnt had as good a season as last year), Cole (improved, but starts too many games from the bench and isnt as influential), Rooney (still able to contest the young pfa player of the year otherwise would have been a major contender), Terry (awesome season but was always gonna be difficult to match his efforts from last year), Henry (went missing over too many of Arsenals away games around xmas).

Anyway its about time Stevie won it...should have won it 03/04 in my mind and has been consistantly excellent for the past 4 years depsite having contract stuff on his mind for much of the period.  Made up for him...only the premiership title to come and he's won everything in the game - aside from the world cup but hopefully that'll be added to his cv as well in the summer!!!
The Italian Job 2005

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:06 am

weringo wrote:What was Ronaldo doing in the team of the year? Up until Christmas he was non existant. Im guessing Chimbonda was only in it because of Wigan's decent season and they felt they deserve a player in the team of the year

True.....a good fullback is supposed to defend & attack well. From wat i have seen, chimbonda only attacks well, but can't seem to defend as well as finnan.

Finnan has been the best RB in the premierleague this season......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:12 am

1)Happy for gerrard for winning the PFA.
2)Happy for carra to get his deserved place in the team of the season.....Carra's performance has deffo overshadowed Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell & Ledley King this last 2 seasons.

If england is gonna do anything in the world cup, Carra has to partner Terry. If sven picks Rio over Carra, england don't stand sh1t of a chance...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:33 am

It's about time the lad got the recognition he deserves from people outside of Anfield's reach.

Get in Stevie! You are the man!  :buttrock

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:58 am

Lionheart wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:Is it me or does Christiano Ronaldo's neck go all the way up? I swear his head is the same width as his neck. Easier to choke I guess.

Wasn't there an English test cricketer a few years ago with the same problem??  :D

yeah! gladston small
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:36 am

mighty mo wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

yeah! gladston small

That's him...he took one hell of a ribbing here in Oz. The Aussie crowds did a version of "I am the Music Man" based on Gladstone's unfortunate infliction.

Sorry...off the topic.
  :laugh:
Last edited by Lionheart on Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:42 am

Congratulations Stevie!
Well deserved recognition at last.

Stevie G is the most outstanding Liverpool player due to his very visible deeds but as i have said in the forum player of the year, we have many outstanding players this season and the other most notable one is Carra.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion