If we fail again this season, what next? - What if

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:38 am

Look, point is.

how many points behind did we finish to the manc scum? erm....21?

Sorry that is not even close. and is pretty woeful.

Gerrard Houllier, for all his efforts only got 4 seasons to get LFC as title contenders, and failed:- got the boot,

Benitez, fourth season coming up!  ???

First ten games this season will tell us a lot. If we dont win 7 or 8, we can forget it. it will be the usual "get a champions league place " scenario.

My honest opinion is...Rafa should stick to his best 8 or 9 players and not try to rotate it too much. that will bring consistency. Rotationg players too much is not a good idea.
Last edited by Torres 2007 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torres 2007

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:48 am

If we fail this season what next? ???

I may become a Real Madrid supporter.

Then again I may just CONTINUE to support the team I have supported for over thirty years.

The season has not started for us to be throwing in the towel.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:02 am

i give up. gonna follow tennis instead
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby chrisrafman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:52 pm

it is going to be a different season for the right reasons. im behind the guys 100% and cant wait for the kick off. i wouldnt call this thread pointless and defeatist. i would call beign realistic, due to the fact that for 15 years we havent mounted a serious title challenge and i hate beign so far behind those c*nts.
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby dylan tj place » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:58 pm

i don't think this year will be our year as i don't think torre is worth 22 mil. also i'm not sure if yossi will prove to be a good buy. so i don't think it will be this season or maybe not next but i have every faith in rafa. but to talk about sackining him if we don't win the title is a bit harsh considering he's got us to 3 major finals in three years. also lets not forget that he's changed a uefa cup team into title challengers in just 3 years.
dylan tj place

Postby RedBlood » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:There's just something so unnecessarily defeatist about this thread.  The lads are raring to go and I'm looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the ride.  Worrying about what happens if we "fail" this season before a ball's even been kicked in anger is simply the wrong mentality, IMHO. :(

thats the first thing i thought mate

there is no need for this thread its proper defeatest
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby the_red_alonso » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:22 pm

YNWA
:D
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:24 am

I see the upbeat, new season here we come.. brigade are posting some threads to inspire and make us all feel like the world is not about to end :(

Leone and Ciggy - :D :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:02 pm

The thing is, since Rafa came to this club, his competitors have had the benefit of either inheriting a strong and healthy squad and simply adding 2 or 3 quality players to strengthen it or were already adding to their squads that they had built some years previous with some big finances behind them. Hes been playing catch up ever since he joined us. Never complaining or making excuses like some. Just getting on with the job in a proffesional manner that is worthy of Liverpool manager.

In some ways Rafa has for the first time got HIS TEAM/SQUAD together now. For me he now starts this season on the same level playing field with the likes of Jose, Alex and Wenger (not financially but squad wise).

This for me is Rafa's first real generation of players. Apart from Le Tallec the deadwood has almost certainly been eliminated.

Whats disappointing for me is that now that he has what he wants he may not be given the time to really build on it. It sounds like a silly thing to say considering he has been at the club for coming on 4 years but if he had inherited this squad 4 years ago what might he have achieved by now? or what if he had gone to Chelsea instead of us, what would he have achieved with their squad?.

As he has admitted a recent interview he has made mistakes but for me he has been good for us and hope he gets a few more years to build on his hard work. Shankly got it and took quite a number of years to build the team into what he wanted. Managers who came after him benefited from what he had built for many years after.

Not sure if Rafa can or will win the league this year but I for one am happy for now to see him build on what he has done so far for a few more years to come.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby alxy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Define "fail". If you mean we won't win the league, well, that is what I expect anyway. I would consider it an achievement if we're still in the title chase come April/May. With the players we have now, we should be a whole lot closer to the title, but I don't believe we're there yet. Perhaps in 2-3 seasons from now.
alxy

Postby Liverpoolaremagic » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:08 pm

We have the foundations. Hopefully we'll start well and have a good crack at it. If we don't win it then we'll be stronger the year after as Benitez wont need to make huge changes to the squad, just 2 or 3 next guys a season.
Liverpoolaremagic

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:40 pm

The Topic title is ill conceived and doesn't set the right "tone" in that it suggests we have a PLAN B as supporters and could go elsewhere ???

I think St Michael said some credible things about Rafa's reign so far and the fact that he came to LFC and found a shambles of a club riddled with average players, a manic depressive captain and Wonder-boy (Owen) restless and looking to Spain for his football ambitions.

Rafa has took us further in 3 seasons than perhaps anybody could have done given the circumstances. A European cup, FA Cup and runners up in the League and European Cups are testament to his abilities in Cups, to get that little bit more out of his players. The 2005 CL win was nothing short of miraculous given the injuries and mountains we had to climb.

As the new season starts all I can say with surety is that i'm going nowhere (well except to games that is......starting tomorrow at Villa):D

Will we win the League ?  Probably not

Will we win one or more of the Cups ? Probably

Will I be supporting another team anytime soon ? Have a word Ref ! :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:29 am

This topic is silly because we won't fail this year. This year the league is coming home to Anfield. end of, be more positive.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby chrisrafman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:38 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:This topic is silly because we won't fail this year. This year the league is coming home to Anfield. end of, be more positive.

i am beign positive  but im also beign realistic. this season has the potential to be amazing but if your beign realistic we could easily fail again in the prem. im not talking about supporting another team im not 8 years old any more. im beign realistic for the first time ever as a liverpool fan. ive always said before every season that were gonna be at the top but we never are. this season will be different but what if im wrong? the point of this thread is what happens if i am
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby chrisrafman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:01 pm

I do thinks its a good time to bring this up, in my eyes we are failing so far
chrisrafman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion