Why do we fail to break 10 man - Defences down?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Judge wrote:bow peasant :d

Don't fall for that one GYBH , Dawson did and has never been the same since  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:00 pm

s@int wrote:

Don't fall for that one GYBH , Dawson did and has never been the same since as i was stood behind him grinning etc :D

typical s@int  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Judge wrote:
s@int wrote:

Don't fall for that one GYBH , Dawson did and has never been the same since as Judge was stood behind him, he wasn't just grinning either :D

typical s@int  :D

Honest as usual  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Avi Cohen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You have to take Rafa's thinking into the equation. He has one style of football and that style has brought him two La Liga's, a Uefa Cup, a Champions League (including a runners up) and a FA Cup. The style obviously brings results.
If his style doesn't come off on one particular day, then it must be down to the players performances.

Every time there's a shot of Rafa on the bench he's taking notes. What the f.uck are on these notes? Don't change anything? Keep doing the same thing?

What's the point of taking notes if no changes are made?
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby Avi Cohen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 pm

More impetus in attack wouldn't go astray. Even if he plays Kuyt up front in a 4-5-1 formation, why is it every time we have possession, regardless of where we win it on the pitch(and we've all seen short corners and free kicks in dangerous positions), to goes something like this ...

BACK to Carragher - to Hyppia - Carragher - Arbeloa - Alonso - Hyppia - Carragher - Alonso - Gerrard - Alonso - (left back) - Hyppia - Reina - HOOF!

When all this farting and faffing about is done the opposition have regrouped.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby GYBS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm

dont worry saint i am immune to his powers . :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:34 pm

so you admit i have powers :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Judge wrote:so you admit i have powers :D

Stop flirting Judge he's hetrosexual! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 am

It's only really the Stoke match where we've struggled to create chances - it's tended to be that we have 20-odd shots but fail to score.

Keane would have made absolutely no difference whatsoever, as he does not have the mobility or skill to beat people in confined spaces.

We needed to exploit the width, in the hope that a cross would be converted. Keane has the positional sense of a yogurt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Keane would have made absolutely no difference whatsoever, as he does not have the mobility or skill to beat people in confined spaces.

Think you're being a bit harsh there - having Keane upfront rather than Kuyt would have made
a lot of difference, IMO.

I think Keane does have a far bit of "mobility", and I dont think his positional sense can be criticised.
He has been getting into the right positions, it's his finishing which has let him down.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 am

Effes wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Keane would have made absolutely no difference whatsoever, as he does not have the mobility or skill to beat people in confined spaces.

Think you're being a bit harsh there - having Keane upfront rather than Kuyt would have made

I think Keane does have a far bit of "mobility", and I dont think his positional sense can be criticised.
He has been getting into the right positions, it's his finishing which has let him down.

He doesn't time his run, though. The amount of times crosses go behind him. He never sets, either, which is why he misses 9/10 of the sitters he has been given.

I really don't see anything in Keane, other than the odd spectacular goal against Arsenal, and the odd brace against Wigan...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Well if Royphnol counts as powers then yes you do  :p  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Effes wrote:

He doesn't time his run, though. The amount of times crosses go behind him. He never sets, either, which is why he misses 9/10 of the sitters he has been given.

I really don't see anything in Keane, other than the odd spectacular goal against Arsenal, and the odd brace against Wigan...

It's him being capable of this where you should see something in him, when will any of our other strikers aside from Torres do something like he did in the goal against Arsenal that goal was outstanding.

I think he's capable of a lot more than he has done but I don't know if it will ever happen here under Rafa.  I doubt he will be happy playing in the Carling Cup, FA Cup etc or matches where Torres/Gerrard are injured and that's probably the only consistent playing time he will get.

Unless Rafa starts playing Gerrard at CM Keane doesn't really have a place here, I think his game isn't fit for being a sub, he's only effective if he starts and plays the entire game imo.
Zidane

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 am

GYBS wrote:

Well if Royphnol counts as powers then yes you do  :p  :D

wtf is royphnol?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:59 pm

rophynol: Flunitrazepam is a short-intermediate acting benzodiazepine derivative, prescribed for the treatment of insomnia :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion