Scouse wits fail to realise life would be a lot le - Article from the telegraph

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:45 am

I wonder if Stu's Spanish is as good as your English ....... I think not :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:55 am

this writer appears on hold the back page on sky on sunday mornings,he a fat guy with a beard and he supports west ham united,typical southern cockney :censored:
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:02 am

i was dissapointed to hear the boo`s, not because michael didnt deserve them or whatever but because usually our fans are better than that. i`ve never heard dissent en mass against an ex player before along those lines, but i do remember kevin keegan getting a few choice comments thrown in his direction when he came back with hamburg and we tonked them 6-0 in the seventies but it was nowhere near that level. michael probably didnt deserve it tbh.
but i remember clapping arsenal round anfield when they nicked the title in 89 and i`ve even clapped chris waddle off when he played for spurs and ran our defence ragged so i dont need lessons on sportsmanship or the recent history of l.f.c from southern journalists thank you very much. especially one who writes comments like michael took the opportunity to go to madrid as every player should.
say`s who?
people like him are just p.issed off because once again thanks to the genius of rafa benitez liverpool the club is bigger than the individual. just like the old days. we are doing well without him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:20 am

I was disappointed to hear the boos but I can understand where they came from, he screwed the club around and that shouldn't be forgotten, I wouldn't have booed him myself, I'd have just let him get on with it.

Re the article, sports writers have to fill up the pages and it's newsworthy, the article itself is a load of bollox - if we didn't have owen we would have had someone else - you could even say he held us back during the houllier years because the whole team was geared up to play around him - never a good move.
AlanHansen

Postby Garymac » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:53 pm

The chants "What a waste of talent" and "you should have signed for a big club" Wasnt aimed solely at Owen it was also at that pathetic club who he plays for who think they are owed success but they couldnt be further away.

Its embarrasing to see a player of that quality in a sh!te squad with a Sh!te manager.

Owen signed for Newcastle with one think on his mind England and all he has talked about since he got there is England and Liverpool, if i was a Newcastle fan id be slightly p!ssed off by this.

Owen left us, we didnt sell him, he turned his back on us when we needed him most, he gave us great memorys and great times but Owen only has his agents to blame because they will have been the people who have advised him on the move to madrid and Newcastle, and owen has even said himself he thought he would do an Ian Rush and return to Liverpool after he had gained the experiance, only a fool once again would trust a team like Madrid to let a player go where he wants to go.

He fu*ked up big time and he is paying the price and all we was doing at Anfield was letting him know, i did chant the songs because he needed to hear them but the man is a legend and in no way deserves to be booed, For f*ck sake some people on the kop chanted Heskeys name on his return, now that is a f*cking joke, but again he was at his level at the Brum, whereas we all know Owen isnt and so does Owen himself.

As for the article its self, what a load of sh!te, we was there because of Owen, if i remember corectly it was Steven Gerrard who carried us for a whole season nearly enough.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:35 pm

owen is a liverpool legend but that article is a load of sh.ite, yeah owen contributed hugely in his time at liverpool but he didnt do it all on his lonesome like that article implys. Owen jumped ship to play with the galaticos and now hes st :censored: in a shi.te team thats going nowhere except to the intertoto cup. No doubt that article is from a london based press, the horrible cun.ts cant stand the fact that liverpool are doing so well and sprouting shi.t that liverpool wouldnt be were we are today without owen is a pathetic attempt to get at liverpool.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:45 pm

the man shudnt ov got booed, he is a legend, but at the same time he :censored: on us at the time we needed him most. to go and play for madrid, end ov the day owen went to newcastel because we cudnt afford him.
he has openly said that. he dint want to stay at madrid because he wouldt get into the england world cup team and nuke were the only team that coulld afford and allow him to do that.
There is no way he will say at nuke for his 4 year deal unless they start challaging for titles and europe. which aint goin to happen in my eyes.
Owen will leave but were do u go. Would you want to go back to liverpool again after being booed, U tell me
We might ov shot out selfs in the foot there yeno

YNWA
kopite_1232002

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:45 pm

imagine you have a girlfriend, shes great, you love her and shes the best looking bird in the city. she promises to marry you.

you are over the moon as she is the best :censored: you ever had and you even got your brown wings with her.

you keep trying to set a date for the wedding and she promises she will sort it out soon.

anyway some spaniard (sorry sabre) comes along and promises her sunshine and riches, she forgets about her promise so she can go and live in spain, she dumps you, she doesnt even say sorry for messing you around.

then something magic happens, you go onto better things, in May you win the lottery, you know she will be watching and be jealous. anyway you offer her the chance to come back but on your terms this time. however she is more concerned about being a big fish and she wont be so big with you anymore, she wants the promise of star treatment and the promise of a holiday in germany next summer.

you wont give her that promise so she marries some fat geordie with no prospects just to use him for the german holiday. she still hasnt said sorry for the way she has treated you, even though you had so many good times with her you cant forgive her for what she did.

so one day, boxing day in fact she turns up at your alehouse with the fat geordie.

would you give a hostile reception?

owen gets everything he deserves the grabbing :censored:   :;):
112-1077774096

Postby Kukilon » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:00 pm

peewee wrote:imagine you have a girlfriend, shes great, you love her and shes the best looking bird in the city. she promises to marry you.

you are over the moon as she is the best :censored: you ever had and you even got your brown wings with her.

you keep trying to set a date for the wedding and she promises she will sort it out soon.

anyway some spaniard (sorry sabre) comes along and promises her sunshine and riches, she forgets about her promise so she can go and live in spain, she dumps you, she doesnt even say sorry for messing you around.

then something magic happens, you go onto better things, in May you win the lottery, you know she will be watching and be jealous. anyway you offer her the chance to come back but on your terms this time. however she is more concerned about being a big fish and she wont be so big with you anymore, she wants the promise of star treatment and the promise of a holiday in germany next summer.

you wont give her that promise so she marries some fat geordie with no prospects just to use him for the german holiday. she still hasnt said sorry for the way she has treated you, even though you had so many good times with her you cant forgive her for what she did.

so one day, boxing day in fact she turns up at your alehouse with the fat geordie.

:D

So :censored: true.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:41 pm

load of sh!te if you ask me.If Owen hadnt been at the club doing a job he got well paid for then the board /evans/houllier would have brought someone else into the club to do his job.The chap who wrote this should consider Robbie Fowler,who if not more or at least equally scored his way into our hearts and "kept us near the top".....Difference is Fowler didnt shaft us big style by running his contract down whilst promising everyone he would sign a new one.Fowler is still a liverpool legend and always will be and although both players scored important goals over the years,only one truly deserves the ultimate respect now...............
Players who leave Liverpool fc have never bettered themselves.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:46 pm

peewee wrote:imagine you have a girlfriend, shes great, you love her and shes the best looking bird in the city. she promises to marry you.

:D  :laugh: ''fat geordie''
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:00 pm

If Martin Samuel's parents were not born, Martin Samuel would not be born, hence no article. No parents, no Martin Samuel, no article, no more bollox.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Knowledge King » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:24 pm

What about the agent of Michael Owen (who is also Beckhams agent) he did a bang up job telling him to run down his contract then getting himself a nice big slice of his transfer to Madrid. Then Michael Owen says he wants to return to Anfield but Alan Shearer (same agent) persuades him to join Newcastle. Instead of telling Owen to sit tight and wait for Madrid to agree to a resonable deal he takes another big slice and sends his boy to the North East. Thats the story i'd like to see written about and i'm sure most fans what like to boo the SUPER AGENT!
Knowledge King

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:52 pm

I got as far as the second or third paragraph and turned off,as far as this article goes Im with the KOP on this one. Infact the article is not even worthy of toilet paper.

If it wasnt for Owen, Gerrard and Benitez wouldnt be at the club , or something like that, do me a favour.Benitez joined solely because of what Michael has done , pull the other one. Erh Gerrard could of signed for Chelsea last year but didnt , Owen had nothing to do with that he was warming the bench in Madrid.

The journo who wrote this im sure writes for the sun so that says it all , :angry:
66-1112520797

Postby Garymac » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Peewee that is the best analagy of the Owen transfer i have ever read

Fuc*in class mate and so true!

:bowdown

and the worse thing is, Liverpool are always made out to be the guilty party in all of this.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion