Why do we fail to break 10 man - Defences down?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 am

It is always hard to break teams down who defend thier b@lls off. You may need a sense of creativity or a player to show some shear brilliance. When a team is completed packed out defending to the thread i would presume the width is crucial. Hence plenty of crosses in the box. Then again without crouchy that is a bit of a prob.
Crouchy was like a solution when Plan A was not working. As for stoke match we all know it was just ridiculous playing kuyt upfront. The game plan was just over thought and less evident.
I just want a fit torres back in the squad. Also agree with what rush job said about torres not relying on much service but still has the desire to create a goal himself.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 am

Madmax wrote:It is always hard to break teams down who defend thier b@lls off. You may need a sense of creativity or a player to show some shear brilliance. When i team is completed packed out defending to the thread i would presume the width is crucial. Hence plenty of crosses in the box. Then again without crouchy that is a bit of a prob.
Couchy was like a solution when Plan A was not working. As for stoke match we all know it was just ridiculous playing kuyt upfront. The game plan was just over thought and less evident.
I just want a fit torres back in the squad. Also agree with what rush job said about torres not relying on much service but still has the desire to create a goal himself.

Mate i'd venture to say had Crouch not decided to leave and we spent the money from the keane deal on a creative player we would be in a stronger position. People forget Rafa wanted to keep Crouch.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:42 am

s@int wrote:I give Keane more than enough credit, but he is NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN A CREATIVE SECOND STRIKER. Just as Torres is not a full back. You wouldn't expect Torres to have as high a tackle success as Arbeloa...... similarly you wouldn't expect Keane to have a similar number of assists to a Diego or a Rooney.

That doesn't mean Keane is not a good player...... just that he isn't what a few people on here seem to think he is.

imo, i reckon keane is more than good enough to do the job of assists and scoring goals

it wasnt all that long ago he scored a brace
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:47 am

Keane needs games..he's had every ounce of confidence sucked out of him!
Rafas handling of him whatever is going on behind the scenes is a disgrace.
It does'nt matter if they have had words,getting your best 11 out is more important than Rafas ego!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 am

Number 9 wrote:Keane needs games..he's had every ounce of confidence sucked out of him!
Rafas handling of him whatever is going on behind the scenes is a disgrace.
It does'nt matter if they have had words,getting your best 11 out is more important than Rafas ego!

Absolutely spot on No.9.

Rafa has handled some Liverpool players disgracfully, Finnan, Crouch, Pennant and now Keane.

I think when he takes a dislike to a player, he tends to be quite petty about it and benches them to the detriment of the side as a whole.

Keane has had some problems on the pitch, even if I think some of his "missed sitters" were actually just great saves. But I have no doubt in my mind that if he had remained on the pitch for that extra 30 minutes every game he was subbed (and just generally got more games) he would have scored more goals and our view of him here would be very different.

Rafa's man management can be the worst in the league TBH and it's one of the reasons why I am thinking that maybe he's not a guy I want to see at Liverpool's helm for much longer. That may seem strong, but that nonsense at the weekend has put a deep chink in opinion of Rafa and it was getting pretty battered before hand. The world and his wife could have told that that was entirely the wrong line-up on Saturday, buy why couldn't Benitez see that? 

???
tonyeh

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am

you dont spend 19 million + and have it sat on the bench in favour of idiots like lucas et al

i mean with torres injured for so long, why wasnt he played more often (keane that is)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 am

cause we spent 20 mil on keane instead to spending that sort of money on a creative player like arshavin who can unlock tight defences .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:44 pm

was it. i thought it was 19.5 million, you thought it 20 mill

it was actually 20.3 million

so were both wrong

however, i did put 19 mill + (the + meaning more than that amount)
Last edited by Judge on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 pm

ok . Because we spent 20.3 mil on keane instead of spending that sort of money on a creative player like arshavin who can unlock tight defences . Hope that is better for you judge.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:59 pm

We only paid £19million for Keane but the fee could rise to £20.3million ...... not that that alters your point GYBS.... But if we are going to be pedantic we may as well get it right :D
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:06 pm

s@int wrote:We only paid £19million for Keane but the fee could rise to £20.3million ...... not that that alters your point GYBS.... But if we are going to be pedantic we may as well get it right :D

ha ha GYBS  :rasp
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 pm

ok . Because we spent 19 mil which could rise to 20.3 mil on keane instead of spending that sort of money on a player like arshavin who can unlock tight defences .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:25 pm

start laughing you f'ucker :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 pm

i will never bow down to your humour  :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm

bow peasant :D
Last edited by Judge on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion