Lfc season till now .. - Half a season analyse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ToTinho » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:48 pm

Well yesterday we completed 19 games in the EPL which is the mid-season as far as LFC is concerned , we collected a v. good 41 points averaging 1.5 goal/game and conceding 0.6 goal/game. Our form is the CL was superb topping a very tricky group with some very strong performances . this time last season we had 30 points and lost 7 and that is a big indication how far we went in developement terms already under rafa as we r now considered  serious contenders for the title after a long absence.I dont know what all u mates think but i see that this team is gaining confidence,maturity and toughness with each game so i belive we r going in the right direction. at last , as we r in january i really wish we can get the players we need to take us this extra-step towards the EPL either this year or more realistically next season.
( happy new year mates and wish u all & ur families Happiness)
YNWA
ToTinho

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:50 pm

I am very happy with the season, We have improved considerably from last season and our form has been fantastic.

I am also impressed because we have played i think 7 or 8 more games than at this stage last season.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:02 pm

i said at the start of the season that a top 3 finish was our goal and we seem on track for that.  I'd be happy if we can get 2nd spot, get to the semi's of the Champions league and win the FA cup.  One big improvement is the fact that we should have champions league football wrapped up by march.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Good post mate, interesting to see the difference points-wise from last season, 41 v 30 at the half-season mark is quite a lot actually when you think about it.  And 2 defeats this season compared with 7 last?  No comparison really.

It will be interesting to see how the second half of the season pans out in terms of points in the league.  Forget the other teams, we aren't going to realisically finish above Chelsea.  Even if we took another 41 points from the second half of the season that would be a good return - 82 points would see us comfortably in the top 3 I think.

A lot depends on the signings we make in January, if we make the right ones it could really make the difference.  If we don't bring in a couple, especially a CB, we're setting ourselves up for a fall.  Our strength in depth isn't great at the moment, we have about 14-15 quality players and after that we're struggling - that's not enough, especially if we get another good run in Europe going.

I've said it before, but we're looking good for a top 3 finish, 2nd would be even better, 1st is beyond us for this season.  As for the Champions League, who would bet against Benitez when it comes to Europe?  I certainly wouldn't, but maybe 2 years in a row would be pushing it a bit, you never know.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Yeah i agree having champs football wrapped upi for the following season is a massive burden lifted of our players.

We look to be going well, If we win our games in hand we can pull away from fourth and possibly is manure loose today get 2nd by a couple of points.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:06 pm

We are gonna do well in Champs League.
After a good few pints I swear we're gonna do 3 in a row!!

Put it this way - someone is gonna have to play really well to knock us out over 2 legs.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jammydodger » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:15 pm

I think as a team our improvement has been the biggest in the league. Rafe has installed a real sense of unity in the team and this reflects in the performance with all the lads playing for each other.

I still feel we have to improve in every area of the field if we are going to challenge Chelsea, but i think with the transfer window coming up and the opportunity to strengthen, we can really make a good fist of achieving second place.
jammydodger

Postby Effes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:21 pm

jammydodger wrote:all the lads playing for each other.

Dee Do Doe Dont Dee Doe
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:17 pm

very happy but cant say i didnt expect it
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby shanks » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:53 pm

i am very happy with the way we are playing we are a better side than last season and i think we are good enough 2 retain champion league, think we will finish 2rd tho in the prem league cant wait till next season and this 1 not over yet:bowdown
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:05 pm

I think the realistic target this season (for me anyway) was always going to be to improve the form in the league and close the points gap at the end of the season to the top spot and at the moment we are well on course to achieve this very comfortably.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:30 pm

the one worry in europe for me is if a team comes to Anfield and plays like WBA 10 men back and steal a 0-0.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:36 pm

progress this season = fantastic

We are playing like the European Champions should. Things will get better.. oh and the Mancs just drew with the Ar.se :D we're on track for second again
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:40 pm

Us retaining the CL?  a very real possibility.  But I'm worried against our fixture against Benfica.  Last season we were never losing on aggregate, and I'm worried if Benfica get a result against us in the first leg, the lads could be udner a bit of pressure, making life difficult for us.  But let's hear it for when the reds go marching on !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:36 am

A good result tonight, pity the gooners didnt nick it
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion