Scouse wits fail to realise life would be a lot le - Article from the telegraph

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:02 am

for leaving us he desreves what comes his way, dnt foget the 20million we lost cos he wouldnt sign a new deal. He thought hed win the big stuff at Real. FUC* owen, he not in a red shirt now, move on.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:05 am

I wasnt happy with the boos and chants. I wouldnt have chanted anything, Owen was a great servent to the club, sure i wasnt happy when he wanted to leave and then did, I did laugh a little when we won the champions leauge after he said he wanted to leave to win things but I felt that was punishment enough.

Owen will be back.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:15 pm

Garymac wrote:
peewee wrote:imagine you have a girlfriend, shes great, you love her and shes the best looking bird in the city. she promises to marry you.

you are over the moon as she is the best :censored: you ever had and you even got your brown wings with her.

you keep trying to set a date for the wedding and she promises she will sort it out soon.

anyway some spaniard (sorry sabre) comes along and promises her sunshine and riches, she forgets about her promise so she can go and live in spain, she dumps you, she doesnt even say sorry for messing you around.

then something magic happens, you go onto better things, in May you win the lottery, you know she will be watching and be jealous. anyway you offer her the chance to come back but on your terms this time. however she is more concerned about being a big fish and she wont be so big with you anymore, she wants the promise of star treatment and the promise of a holiday in germany next summer.

you wont give her that promise so she marries some fat geordie with no prospects just to use him for the german holiday. she still hasnt said sorry for the way she has treated you, even though you had so many good times with her you cant forgive her for what she did.

so one day, boxing day in fact she turns up at your alehouse with the fat geordie.

would you give a hostile reception?

owen gets everything he deserves the grabbing :censored:   :;):

Peewee that is the best analagy of the Owen transfer i have ever read

Fuc*in class mate and so true!

:bowdown

and the worse thing is, Liverpool are always made out to be the guilty party in all of this.

thanks Gary, i agree mate, we always seem to be the villains for having an opinion. tbh mate you know i wasnt there and i didnt really hear it on tv but im sure most of it was just humour, or was there malice in it?
112-1077774096

Postby neil » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:34 pm

peewee wrote:imagine you have a girlfriend......anyway some spaniard comes along and promises her sunshine and riches, she forgets about her promise so she can go and live in spain, she dumps you, she doesnt even say sorry for messing you around................then you go onto better things..... chance to come back........ treatment and the promise of a holiday in germany next summer.

all sounds a bit familiar  ???  time for a archive 'root'
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:49 pm

That article is absolute bollox.  Biased against Liverpool fans for a start and then arguments based on 'ifs' and 'buts'.

'Liverpool wouldn't have been in Istanbul had it not been for Owen?'  What absolute bullsh.it that is.  You could go on forever basing arguments on that sort of statement.

As for the chanting at Owen, why bother?  He knows he fecked up and to be honest I think it would have wound him up even more if the fans had been indifferent to him and just treated him like any other player.  He'd have hated it if the fans gave him no attention at all.  He wanted to 'better himself' and it backfired, forget about him.

Will he be at Newcastle next season?  I'd bet my house he won't.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:17 pm

Garymac wrote:
peewee wrote:imagine you have a girlfriend, shes great, you love her and shes the best looking bird in the city. she promises to marry you.

you are over the moon as she is the best :censored: you ever had and you even got your brown wings with her.

you keep trying to set a date for the wedding and she promises she will sort it out soon.

anyway some spaniard (sorry sabre) comes along and promises her sunshine and riches, she forgets about her promise so she can go and live in spain, she dumps you, she doesnt even say sorry for messing you around.

then something magic happens, you go onto better things, in May you win the lottery, you know she will be watching and be jealous. anyway you offer her the chance to come back but on your terms this time. however she is more concerned about being a big fish and she wont be so big with you anymore, she wants the promise of star treatment and the promise of a holiday in germany next summer.

you wont give her that promise so she marries some fat geordie with no prospects just to use him for the german holiday. she still hasnt said sorry for the way she has treated you, even though you had so many good times with her you cant forgive her for what she did.

so one day, boxing day in fact she turns up at your alehouse with the fat geordie.

Peewee that is the best analagy of the Owen transfer i have ever read

Fuc*in class mate and so true!

:bowdown

and the worse thing is, Liverpool are always made out to be the guilty party in all of this.

Agreed Peewee thats just had me p@ssing myself, but although its funny it couldnt be more true.

I didnt go the match nor would i have booed him, but any fan that did has a right to.

We are all Liverpool fans and i know the saying goes....we're better than that, but different people are affected in different ways and not everyone wants to clap and cheer players that have obviously treated the club and the fans badly, or if badly is a strong word without respect and honesty might be closer to it.
I read the comments that were made and i was a bit disappointed but after reading Peewee's classic post, it makes alot more sense were these fans are coming from.
Samuel is a scum writer and i couldnt read beyond the second paragraph of that sh@te he was spouting.
At the end of the day the result and the performance will be the thing that left MO going home gutted....not a few ta :censored:s.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:39 pm

Superb analagy peewee, puts it in perfect perspective.

When it hppened I likened it to your brother :censored:.ging your bird, you hate him for it, but you still love the lad.

when he then went to Newcastle, I likened it to your brother :censored:.ging yer wife, you no longer have a brother.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:53 pm

This is the same martin samuel who 3 weeks after we had won the european cup he was saying that gerrard should sign for man u cos were can lfc go after this. He said it was obvious that we would never win the prem.

He's another one of houlliers pals (read robbies book) and this sort of negative journalism doesn't surprise me in the least.

What about balance in a piece of writing. We are renowned for giving ex-players a warm welcome back. Even James got it when he came back with Villa and he'd cost us loads. Incey (an ex manc) recalls how he gets a warm reception at anfield after only 2 seasons at the club when he gets :censored: thrown a him from the scum where he started the era of dominance.

Owen's return wasn't a fierce volley of hate like rooney recieved at gollums house. It was a typical scouse put down. Does samuel not remember that we sung what a wasted talent to him? That in its self is a kind message to owen.

I loved owen when he was hear, love it if he came back. But he left for fame and fortune and only got the fortune. So sorry micheal, you got your reception because of the way you treated the club and fans. I wont forget your interview on sky when you said you were signing in a week. You messed up big time and missed out on old big ears. Sadly, you'll in time be forgotton as a player in liverpools most least successful years who scored a few but was always number two in the squad. (first fowler, secondly stevie). Enjoy your gambling days with shearer and au reviour.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:26 pm

According to Martin Samuel's football theory......
If a Russian linesman had ruled out Geoff Hurst second goal against Germany in '66, England may not have won the world cup.
If Mark Robbins hadn't scored for United in a 1990 F.A. cup tie against Forest, Fergie may have been sacked and United may not have made it to Barcelona in '99.
If Bruce Rioch hadn't bought Denis Bergkamp in 1995, Arsene Wenger may not have been able to transform Arsenal into double winners three years later.

Samuel is a dick head.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:40 pm

neil wrote:
peewee wrote:imagine you have a girlfriend......anyway some spaniard comes along and promises her sunshine and riches, she forgets about her promise so she can go and live in spain, she dumps you, she doesnt even say sorry for messing you around................then you go onto better things..... chance to come back........ treatment and the promise of a holiday in germany next summer.

all sounds a bit familiar  ???  time for a archive 'root'

root away mate.

i wrote something last year about fowler and likened it to him coming back to liverpool (miss world) and the extra effort he would put in rather than being with a fat bird (leeds, man city)

i like to write analogy's, puts it in perspective
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion