Reds fail in bid for new keeper

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:54 pm

Reds fail in keeper request

League One high-flyers Luton Town have warned Liverpool they will have to wait to look at Dean Brill.

The Premiership outfit's coaching staff were keen to take the teenage goalkeeper to Anfield for a trial.

Liverpool have been monitoring the progress of the 18-year-old, who made seven appearances for The Hatters last season.

But Luton manager Mike Newell, who started his playing career with Liverpool, rejected The Reds' request to trial Brill.

Newell admits the timing of Liverpool's request was not right but he concedes he may be prepared to allow the club to run the rule over Brill at closer quarters in the future.

"Liverpool were in touch asking about a possible trial but I rang them last week to say that Brilly was in the squad for the Boston game so he wouldn't be able to go up," Newell told Luton Today.

"If they want to look at him again in the future then they're more than welcome to do that."

Brill will have to wait for his chance this term as Newell is currently relying on Marlon Beresford as first choice with Dino Seremet as back-up.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:40 am

Cardeaf REd

Does anyone know what he's like?
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion