If we fail again this season, what next? - What if

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chrisrafman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:11 pm

I have a great belief that this year is going to be different, but i say the same this every year for it to follow up with dissapointment. What if we fall short of the race for the title once again? Does Rafa go? Do the team have a big shake up in the summer? Do the yanks plough more millions into the squad? I beleive we will challenge this year but if it goes tits up again i cant help but wonder whats gonna happen to the club. What do you all think?
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby hello_red » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:08 pm

I think that the Americans scare monger the best. Calm down. May is a long time from now!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:17 pm

If we fail this season Liverpool will do what they've done always: recover from the blow and try to win it all next season.

I don't think that when it comes to important investments, the willingness to put money on the table will last one just year. If the americans have committed so much it's because they expect to be here for a good while.

Only time will tell if they'll be as patient with Rafa as that Russian have been with mourinho --with the kind of money spent they should have at least played a CL final, but even if they sack Rafa to bring another one I'm sure that they'll put again more money if we fail.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 pm

This season is not make or break. To bridge the gap is going to take time. Minimum requirement is Champions League qualification and a reduction in the point difference between us and the top. In my opinion the 08-09 season will be the make or break season for Rafa. By that time he will have had 2 / 3 more transfer windows to improve the quality of the first team. If we don't seriously challenge then I think his position will be reviewed at that time... but that won't happen, we going to improve this season (probably 2nd / 3rd) and win it the year after. In Rafa we trust!  :)
inglis5

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:37 pm

liverpool will probably win their 19th title 19 years after winning the 18th.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby roberto green » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:43 pm

its a bit of a depressing topic this one lets be a bit more optimistic.I say we rephrase this topic lets call it.........IF WE WIN THE LEAGUE AGAIN THIS YEAR,WHAT NEXT? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
roberto green

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:43 pm

chrisrafman wrote:I have a great belief that this year is going to be different, but i say the same this every year for it to follow up with dissapointment. What if we fall short of the race for the title once again? Does Rafa go? Do the team have a big shake up in the summer? Do the yanks plough more millions into the squad? I beleive we will challenge this year but if it goes tits up again i cant help but wonder whats gonna happen to the club. What do you all think?

Die.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:05 pm

What a load of wa.nk!

If we 'fail' this season i suspect you will probably support the team that has a big investor next year! Maybe im wrong but you were probably a Chelsea fan 2-3 years ago and are bordering on LFC /UTD now because you think one of the two will win the EPL!

Just a hunch!!

Listen fella..one thing is for sure,LFC is moving in the right direction.It may take time,it may not.Maybe this time we will win it.Maybe Raffa has had enough time and will deliver what we all want back so badly.

BUT that is the single most sh.ittest post i have ever read and should actually be put down as rhetorical,since i have had a few beers i will answer when no one really should!

WE WILL LOVE THEM AS ALWAYS BECAUSE THEY ARE OURS! :buttrock
The Grudge

Postby roberto green » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:11 pm

My point exactly the grudge, you dont want a s*it topic like this on the eve of a new season when ive felt the most excited about going into a new season since 1990 when i was just 10 years old,i think there should be no further adds to this sh*t topic:angry:
roberto green

Postby Paul C » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:16 pm

As long as we challenge this year and wins a cup weither it being the FA, Carling or CL then I don't think were failed, we need to start well and improve our bad away from, as long as we do that and finish second then we haven't fail imo, then next season win the league, if we win it this year it will be amazing.

As long as Rafa takes the team forward this season and makes a SERIOUS challenge then I think the Americans will give him another season, if not I think they'll ask questions, especially since we spent big money this summer.

In Rafa we trust! we at least I do :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheDukeofUke » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 pm

being an Everton fan i'd still say that you probaby won't fail this season. If you do fail then you would probably spend less the next summer but wouldn't be much of a problem. The American owners have plenty of other sports clubs and havent given up on them because they haven't won everything.
Everton FC supporter.
TheDukeofUke

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:42 pm

I have a great belief that this year is going to be different, but i say the same this every year for it to follow up with dissapointment.

I beleive we will challenge this year but if it goes tits up again i cant help but wonder whats gonna happen to the club. What do you all think?

Then it's important to have realistic expectations. We will not win the Prem this season. Our target is to close the gap significantly with Chavski and Manure. At least keeping the title race active until the new year.

What if we fall short of the race for the title once again?

Does Rafa go?

Do the team have a big shake up in the summer?

Do the yanks plough more millions into the squad?

1- We continue to add and build
2- No.
3- Yes.
4- Yes.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:54 pm

I support Liverpool because I love them not because they win tropheys.
If they never won another thing Id still love them to bits they are part of my life each and everyday.
And will be till the day I die.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:I support Liverpool because I love them not because they win tropheys.
If they never won another thing Id still love them to bits they are part of my life each and everyday.

Amen Sister
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Ciggy wrote:I support Liverpool because I love them not because they win tropheys.

Well said

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion