Houllier-why still believe in him - How can you be optimistic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 19, 2004 9:13 am

Im all for change, and I want LFC to be the bastion of invincibility Shankly talked of, but the attitude of some on this forum to slate the club at every opportunity is simply tiresome.

Glenbuck, do you think GH is happy to be behind or happy to be in the pares for the wrong reson, NO FUCCKING WAY.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed May 19, 2004 9:40 am

i agree with u there leon its madness listening to all these so called fans slating the club!
im afraid if theres too muuch change eg manager investors players (such as heskey gone and a load of others leaving) that we will slide downhill and turn into a spurs or villa type team!

whos to say the next manager who comes in wont make a balls of the team etc and then the next one, so we keep losing more and more ground on the top three and become nobodys like forest who were great in europe decades ago but look at them now!

i say keep houllier until christmas if its not going well then give him the boot but not in the summer time when weve just qualified for champions league! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 19, 2004 11:05 am

To call fans who don't think Houllier is the man "so called fans" is ******. Just because we think the wrong man is in charge and bringing the club down, doesn't mean we don't want success.

If we didn't want success, we'd be happy with GH.

Blind loyalty is pointless, maybe when Leon grows up and matures a bit he'll learn that sometimes you have to cut the cord.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 19, 2004 1:20 pm

Well who's the right man who can come in?

Tell me one manager who we could get in reasonable budget who's proven he's better than Houllier, who's proven he can sign top class talent, who's a great movitator and someone who can build on current success... also who is available and know the modern game.....

Kenny Dalglish? Nope, been out of football for two long but would be my preffered choice.

Martin O'Neil? Gets the best out of average players, could probably work with great players if given the chance but is a gamble. Also hasn't shown he's able to sign players of the correct quality and his tactical awareness and favoured system will never win you the preimer league.

Anyone else?

You talk about winning the league and winning the europian cup. Got news for you kid. It takes time and patience to turn a club in decline to champions and champions league winners. Its not easy either it would have been doen by now.

For ****** sake, you expect us to compete with Chelsea and Uniteds spending power without continuity and patience? Get real.

Chelsea spend more last season than we did in 5 years. We have to do it slowly, maybe 1 or two players a season for the right price.

Cisse will add something to the team, if Houllier had 100m to spend i'm sure he'd go and sign Nesta and Zidane and then we'd be laughing but the fact is he can't.

He'll be able to spend 4-6million on a centre half this summer if that. Who should he sign?

He'll probably get another 4-6million for midfielder... again, who should he sign?

It takes time to build a side. Houllier deserves 1 last season.

In terms of Strikers we are now far better off.

Last season Owen, Baros Heskey then Pongolle. Pongolle was a kid with NO EXPERIENCE. This year he has a bit of experience which will make him a better and more confident player. Cisse is going to be a massive improvement on Heskey who done very little this season. Owen will probably be the same player and Baros may improve a little.

Hopefully we won't have two of them missing for 3 months at the same time again.... but even if they are at least now the backup is better.

The midfield needs a play maker and a winger. But it is still a strong midfield. Kewell, Gerrard and Hamann would walk into any side in world probably. Murphy and Smicer are good squad players. With John Welsh coming through and Le Tallec having more experience we should also be a bit stronger here next season. With the right signing this can become a serious strong point of the side.

The Defence. Very strong, lacking a one pacey centre half. Hyypia is genuine class. Riise has alot of ability and has learnt how to defend. Finnan looks like he's starting to settle and offers something going forward and is decent defensively. Carragher is superb cover across the whole backline and Henchoz aswell as a centre half. Then theres Troare and Vignal who both have there plus points and can do a job IF they are needed.

Goalkeepers. sorted.

Players who can leave, Diouf, Diao, Biscan and Babbel.

We'll see what happens anyways, i think he'll get it right.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:23 pm

you're right stu. houllier would be out of a job tomorrow if there was anybody with the right credentials available to come in. unfortunately there isn't.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 19, 2004 1:32 pm

This is exactley my point, if Arsene Wenger declared his love of LFC and desire to come here, I'd snap the peado right up. Or any one better. But to say Houllier should be sacked and offer no real replacement is fucckin stupid.

You dont see people on here saying Owen and Gerrard should go, but not offer a replacement solutions. (although Stevie G is irreplaceable)

Who do you think will do a better job ????

Why will they be better ???

What makes you think they will be any good ???

Where is the evidence that they could do a better job ???
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:33 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:if Arsene Wenger declared his love of LFC and desire to come here, I'd snap the peado right up.

i wandered why he kept on signing these unknown kids from europe :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 19, 2004 1:35 pm

glenbuck patriot wrote:
Big Niall wrote:the point about the young members of this forum thinking that winning a few cups is something to gloat about is a great one. I remember when LFC won the European cup, now we gloat about beating Manu in a one off game, qualifying for a Eurepean tournament is now supposed to be an achievement. I hate when guys talk about "competing with the big 3", the aim should be "BEATING the big 3"

Any young fan, who can't remember when LFC used to win the league more often than not, should look at some old videos and the football played. Then come back and say GH's mickey mouse trophies and achievement of getting 60 points in the league is worthy of another season.

I love the way these guys throw away a season at the drop of a hat , "give him one more year" why the ****** should we have to put up with another year of this ******.

I'm in total agreeance, Leon, listen to the Teacher at school more, by your post's, that have often amused me in the past you can only be described as juvenile with that last post described abve!

What else is there to say only this;

If FOURTH is now considered an ACHIEVEMENT, GOD HELP US!

Remember First is First, Second You're Nothing! (Shankly!)

We older, and I'm 36 REDS, can remember when 2nd was ****** poor, can REMEMBER When we played flowing, attractive football, that was the talk of not just Europe, BUT, the whole WORLD!

It was based on a very simple philosophy, "PASS & MOVE", GH (As I've already stated in a separate post), said that if we wanted to go back to those ways we would do it without him.. ala (If you want 60's/70's Football You Won't do it with me in charge) .. Or words to that effect!

GREAT, Bye Bye... (YOU Leon picked up on the good riddance!)

Getting back to the point in hand GH, He should GO NOW, He has taken US as far as he can, has been found OUT as tactically inept by most team's in the premiership, WE USED to be predictable for ALL the right reasons (In the Day's of the Last Minute Lion's), NOW we are predictable for ALL the Wrong reasons!

When was the last time WE came from behind?

Most teams NOW know how to play us at Anfield,... it's NO LONGER the fortress it was

We stand a better chance of beating teams on the counter attack with a pin-point ball from Stevie to Michael... ala our equaliser against the geordies!(HOME OR AWAY!)

An opportunity for this kind of play (IT CAN'tBE CALLED FOOTBALL) won't present itself every game.... so What do you get ... Answer INCONSISTANCY!

Coupled with BAD signings, players OUT of postition (Even GH's lovechild Emile has criticised this in tonight's Echo!)

AND what do you get ... A team clambering for CL qualification (4TH), that by the grace of GOD has achieved IT, Don't forget ALL we have achieved at present is the qualifying rounds... NOT the wholy grail of £10 Mil from the full competition!

Some may see this as complete rambling's, but the facts are clear NON of us wants to see our Club 30 points behind the eventual winner's of the league!

Will YOU ALL BE HAPPY WITH 20 points behind next season ?

I think not!

Problem IS GH would!

The Spineless BOARD would!

The time for change has been apparent for TWO season's, MORGAN SEE'S THAT, HE'S A KOPITE, JUST LIKE ME, WHY CAN'T YOU?

Dont fucckin question my loyalty or knowledge of LFC from where ever you live.

Last game you went to ****** ?

Last European Cup YOU saw us lift (Not on TV) ?

Last time you went to an away leg in European competition ?

FUCCK YOU
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 19, 2004 1:39 pm

Big Niall wrote:the point about the young members of this forum thinking that winning a few cups is something to gloat about is a great one. I remember when LFC won the European cup, now we gloat about beating Manu in a one off game, qualifying for a Eurepean tournament is now supposed to be an achievement. I hate when guys talk about "competing with the big 3", the aim should be "BEATING the big 3"

Any young fan, who can't remember when LFC used to win the league more often than not, should look at some old videos and the football played. Then come back and say GH's mickey mouse trophies and achievement of getting 60 points in the league is worthy of another season.

I love the way these guys throw away a season at the drop of a hat , "give him one more year" why the ****** should we have to put up with another year of this ******.

So how old are you Niall, and where are you from??

Also when did I say I was happy with the way things are or say that the treble was better than winning the league?

What a T W A T. Any LFC fan would give up all those trophies we won and their eldest child for another league trophy, so to question wether I or any other member of this forum holds them in higher regard than the league makes me think you need to sort out YOUR priorities.

Get real, do you think cus you take ten minutes out of your day to rant sh!te about GH that the Liverpool board are going to sack him or sell players. Now who is naive ?????
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed May 19, 2004 1:46 pm

Guys, guys....
Houllier said that Liverpool had the highest goal attempts per match average...15 or so per match over 37 games this current season which just ended. How can we relish the thought of even sacking a manager who can make his team produce that kind of statistics?

Duh!

The so-called attempts exactly resulted in how many goals? The statistics itself is an insult to our intelligence as a 40 yard attempt/shot would also qualify. Why do we have such as high attempts statistic? Because we lack penetrative play and can only have the so-called "attacking" players like Smicer and Diouf, who can't hit a barn door, make long range attempts which are hopeless, given their distance and the players' who attempted the shots' long distance shooting ability.

We have become mediocre under Houllier, we play like a mediocre team most of the time, defensive tactics but poor defensive quality, wasting Owen's talents and over relying on Gerrard. That is Houllier's strategy and will remain so with the addition of Cisse because this fellah is "quiceker than Henry" and can thus chase the long balls.

Come on, guys, it is time to replace Houllier and let's leave it up to Parry and Moores to find adequate replacement. There are a few good ones but let them use their negotiating skills and get us a real manager, not one who will be in the 7th year of a 5 year plan!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:50 pm

houllier's reaction in that press confernce showed signs of a desperate man to me. if the board have a vision then they will make the necessary change. despite all you read though, i don't think they have the balls to sack him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Wed May 19, 2004 1:52 pm

Leon, no one questioned your loyalty, but your maturity. Whenever anyone disagreed with you, your first instinct is to throw vulgar abuse at them.
I appreciate your passion and some of your informative post, but when one see you throwing childish tantrum like this, you are losing whatever respect you may have earned in this forum.
Grow up, it's not how many matches you attended...it's how much you learned from each game, accepting the facts that other have different opinion than yours, that others might be as passionate as you do, that to respect others is a virtue you will have to learn...then you will understand that post like the above is unnecessary.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 19, 2004 2:03 pm

I dont throw tantrums, I throw my support behind the club.

If there was no passion about LFC from me, I would be dead end of.

What is vulgar about a swear word? Do you work as a priest?

Also, I said if you have nothing good to contribute then you should be on the EFC forum, so where is that immature or childish? Explain...
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 19, 2004 2:08 pm

hey!  Hey!  Hey!   (waves arms like a chicken) Calm down, Calm down, calm down!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 19, 2004 2:11 pm

Chicken have arms where you come from??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion