Rafa stays optimistic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:09 pm

A defiant Rafael Benitez still believes Liverpool can qualify for the next stage of the Champions League following what he describes as their best performance of the season against Deportivo. 
The Reds' boss felt his Liverpool team did more than enough to win the match and says if they reproduce that form away from home in the group then they will qualify for the next phase.

Benitez said: "If we play like this away from home then we can win away, that's for sure, and qualify for the next stage.

"I'm not happy with the result but we played very well. I was happy with the way we played and we had chances with Cisse, Baros and Luis Garcia but the keeper Molina played very well. The result was disappointing but we deserved to win the game in my opinion.

"For me this is the best Liverpool have played this season against a very good team. We kept the ball well, pressed well and had many opportunities."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Gotta agree with that
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:29 pm

yep
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:29 pm

Amen to that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:57 pm

Raffa the Gaffa has spoken :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 am

Sounds like a well scripted press release to me!

The news I want to know is how he thinks Baros and Cisse will eventually shape up, where is Kewell going, hows Kirkland vs Dudek, how did Risse play (for me out of position, more than once he was the only player in the box and his shots are typically blasters) so what was the tactic there.

The questions are endless and what Raf has said does not give me any information to go on as to the real issues and its not just about giving tactics away. We as fans deserve to know, but I realise this is a managers normal trait.

Its not the first time I've watched a game this season and wondered whats going on, some explanations would help greatly!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:18 am

While there are some things that we would like to here, proffesionals are media trained, and while we may want to find out what he really thinks, its impossible for whatever reason because of the media, backing his players yada yada.  But its only early days and either january or the summer transfer window should give us more of an idea of what he really thinks of the players...
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:51 am

kindaconfused wrote:Sounds like a well scripted press release to me!

The news I want to know is how he thinks Baros and Cisse will eventually shape up, where is Kewell going, hows Kirkland vs Dudek, how did Risse play (for me out of position, more than once he was the only player in the box and his shots are typically blasters) so what was the tactic there.

The questions are endless and what Raf has said does not give me any information to go on as to the real issues and its not just about giving tactics away. We as fans deserve to know, but I realise this is a managers normal trait.

Its not the first time I've watched a game this season and wondered whats going on, some explanations would help greatly!

Who DO you support again ? ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:45 am

Starbridge42 wrote:While there are some things that we would like to here, proffesionals are media trained, and while we may want to find out what he really thinks, its impossible for whatever reason because of the media, backing his players yada yada.  But its only early days and either january or the summer transfer window should give us more of an idea of what he really thinks of the players...

starbridge,

How do you know, thats not what he really thinks?? How are you also going to tell the difference between 'a well scripted press release' and what he really thinks?
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:56 am

A.B. wrote:"For me this is the best Liverpool have played this season against a very good team. We kept the ball well, pressed well and had many opportunities."

Couldn't agree more
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion