GLEN JOHNSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Portsmouth will pocket £1million if Liverpool win the title thanks to a clause in the deal that took Glen Johnson to Anfield in 2009.

The League Two strugglers have twice been in administration since the transfer and their Football League status is under threat as they stand just two points above the relegation zone.

However, they are in line for an incredible windfall thanks to former chief executive Peter Storrie. He pushed for the incentive as Pompey had to give £4m of the £17m fee to Chelsea because of a sell‑on clause relating to the right-back’s move from Stamford Bridge in 2007.

Johnson joined Liverpool in the summer after they finished runners‑up to Manchester United but have since fallen out of the title picture — until this season.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I just hope we have to give them the money!
Giving Portsmouth £1m would be a small price to pay for winning the league, we'd soon recoup that money anyway in shirt sales/merchandising etc if we do win it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Glen Johnson is just a piss poor excuse for a defender, and his attempts to block crosses into the box coming from Norwich where just feeble to say the least.
His lethargy with the ball  and without it nearly cost us severely earlier .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:12 pm

needs to be sold asap
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Well, all that could be said has been said.
Just let him leave on a free this summer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 pm

he turned into glenda today  :D
looks to me like he is afraid of getting injured as he barely put a foot in all day. he needs to sort himself out for the remaining games.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 pm

he was awful today tbh
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Neil Adams said he had noticed a few weaknesses in our game that Norwich might be able to exploit in his pre match interview and going by the way they pressed our back 4 and keeper that must have been one of them.
Johnson looked like he was going to give it away every time a yellow shirt got anywhere near him, mind you he wasn't the only one, Gerrard is the only player I trust with the ball back there, if anyone else of our back 5/6 has got it my nerves are shot, especially the keeper.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 am

Just watching the game again and Johnson has to be the worst player we have had for many a year. I have said many times that there is no doubting his potential talent, but it seems that all his skill has deserted him.
He is a shell of a player to what he used to be and opponents have identified him as the weakest link in our defence. He is totally without confidence and is constantly giving possession away. His positioning, tackling and distribution are abysmal and the sooner the seasons over for him the better.
It will be a miracle if we win the league, what will make it a miracle of biblical proportions will be that we have done it with him as right back.
Shocking
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:55 am

Quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen in a red shirt.

He has NOTHING in his locker.

He never stops a cross, if he doesn't pass to Skrtel he gives the f*cking thing away EVERY TIME, he can control a ball further than most can kick it, he slows the play down every time he touches if and his decision making is poor even for an amatuer player.

He's an absolute f*cking disgrace and a complete liability and contributes nothing in any way shape or form to this team.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Johnson is not as bad as some are making out, on his day he can go past players like a winger and is one of the best attacking fullbacks in Europe.
The problem is though you never know what Johnson is going to turn up, he can be great one week then awful the next, there never seems to be any middle ground either, he's either amazing or shyte.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:09 pm

I cant remember the last time he was amazing, can you?
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Improvement in his position should be top priority along with a new midfielder and a new attacking player. I was hoping that his injury was playing a big part in his poor performances but obviously it wasn't the case, he's just not good enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm wrote:Johnson is not as bad as some are making out, on his day he can go past players like a winger and is one of the best attacking fullbacks in Europe.
The problem is though you never know what Johnson is going to turn up, he can be great one week then awful the next, there never seems to be any middle ground either, he's either amazing or shyte.

Sorry but thats complete rubbish.

Just because he once had the pace to go past a player doesn't make him one of the best attacking full backs in europe. He scored the odd worldy in his career... so f*cking what? He can't pass, tackle, position himself, has no vision, his link up play and support play is a disgrace and his overall game is terrible. He's never scored or created goals in any way to suggest he's even decent going forward. The amount of times he's given the ball away during his Liverpool career is criminal. Absolute dog sh*t player who should never have been signed in the first place.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:55 am wrote:Quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen in a red shirt.

He has NOTHING in his locker.

He never stops a cross, if he doesn't pass to Skrtel he gives the f*cking thing away EVERY TIME, he can control a ball further than most can kick it, he slows the play down every time he touches if and his decision making is poor even for an amatuer player.

He's an absolute f*cking disgrace and a complete liability and contributes nothing in any way shape or form to this team.

So you don't rate him then?  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion