FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Thought he was off to west ham ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:48 pm

[quote="

However, I do take issue when a player has been told he's not needed...he won't play and he should look else where. I take even more issue when that player ignores that and then moans to the press about not playing. Borini lad, you tried, but your career will be non existent if you stay another year. Do yourself (and your short foottie career a favour) and move on.[/quote]

The point possibly being missed here is that it's the club that approaches the player not the other way around.
So ultimately the club (LFC) that takes the blame for what's happened to Borini.
The paper trail to all of this comes to BR, as he signed the player on behalf of the club he manages.
I have empathy for Borini (and players in similar situations) as he did not create the situation.
He's dealing with it in a way that suits him. More power to him, even if it is as the expense of the club I support and love.
Perhaps LFC can learn from signings like this and be more prudent in the transfer market.
Ultimately; be careful of what you wish for. It may just happen.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:58 pm

JB - Borini contributed massively towards "the situation" by being absolutely shight for most of the time he actually played for  LFC !!! He was given chances and he was useless. Blame Rogers and the buying committee for buying him if you wish but is it really their fault that he simply cannot hack it at this level. Towards the end od his loan season with Sunderland he actually made a serious contribution and helped them stay up. That in my opinion is his standard. Look at Balotelli's successful goal scoring ability in Italy compared to his pathetic record in the Premiership. Take these players out of their comfort zones and they are very poor.

As for anybody expecting players to take massive pay cuts and move to inferior clubs because they can't get a game is maybe a tad naive..........[/quote]
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:10 pm

devaney » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:58 pm wrote:JB - Borini contributed massively towards "the situation" by being absolutely shight for most of the time he actually played for  LFC !!! He was given chances and he was useless. Blame Rogers and the buying committee for buying him if you wish but is it really their fault that he simply cannot hack it at this level. Towards the end od his loan season with Sunderland he actually made a serious contribution and helped them stay up. That in my opinion is his standard. Look at Balotelli's successful goal scoring ability in Italy compared to his pathetic record in the Premiership. Take these players out of their comfort zones and they are very poor.

As for anybody expecting players to take massive pay cuts and move to inferior clubs because they can't get a game is maybe a tad naive..........
[/quote]

And if you don't account the transfer committee, manager, or anyone else that deals with player recruitment on the above, then I guess LFC will have plenty of other players keeping the bench warm over the coming years.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:51 pm

Sky Sports News have it scrolling across the bottom of their screen now that he is in talks for a perm move to Fiorentina  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

This guy just needs to go. If he cared about his career rather than money or prestige he'd have accepted the transfer to Sunderland last summer. But it was his right to refuse. Having lived in Sunderland for a year can understand why he might have turned them down.

Has looked out of his depth here since day one. Looks like we'll make a loss on him. Bad buy.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Strong rumours he's off for 5 million to Fiorentina
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:58 am

Italians pounce for struggling Liverpool man as West Ham look elsewhere

6th August 2015

Fiorentina are the new favourites to snap-up Fabio Borini from Liverpool ahead of West Ham as the Italians enter talks with the forward. It is thought, should a deal go through, it would see Reds forward Borini make a permanent switch to La Viola, who were in England on Wednesday for a friendly against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. West Ham were leading the betting market to sign Borini, but have now drifted as Fiorentina are heavily backed. The Hammers are still on the hunt for a striker as Enner Valencia and Andy Carroll remain out, but are looking elsewhere despite originally being linked with Borini. The 24-year-old former Chelsea player - holder of one senior Italy cap - has struggled to make much of an impact for Liverpool since joining them in 2012, his Premier League record with them showing only eight starts among a total of 25 appearances, and just two goals. He spent the 2013-14 season on loan at Sunderland and scored seven top-flight goals for the Wearsiders, as well as netting three times in their run to the Capital One Cup final, but subsequently opted not to join them on a permanent deal and instead returned to Liverpool.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:40 am

and some are now reporting the deal is off because they want a loan and we want to sell
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 am

He's like a turd that just won't flush. How much to release him? His contract can't be that long can it?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 am

A loan deal  :laugh:
We are going to end up ripping his contract up  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:54 am

Lesson: Never ever buy italian players.
They rarely turn out well, only want to be sold back to Italy and italian club are the worst cheapskates in the world.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Penguins » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 am wrote:Lesson: Never ever buy italian players.
They rarely turn out well, only want to be sold back to Italy and italian club are the worst cheapskates in the world.

I've been saying that for a while now. Don't know many players who have flopped worse than Balotelli & Borini.

I always dread when we get linked to Italian players these days.
killerp

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm

killerp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:24 pm wrote:
Penguins » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 am wrote:Lesson: Never ever buy italian players.

I've been saying that for a while now. Don't know many players who have flopped worse than Balotelli & Borini.

I always dread when we get linked to Italian players these days.

Aquilani and Dossena were huge flops as well  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:10 pm

How many italian players in the history of the 1st league have turned out well?
A handful at most.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion