We need 3 players thats it!u choose!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laurence_2k2 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:04 pm

listen lads i came to the conclusion that all we need is 3 players,i dont know exactly what 3 players but thats what were here to discuss!1 defender and 2 midfielders!i am sick sore and tired of hearing this dominic matteo ****** so im putting an end to it,some him up in 2 words,OLD and ******

Defender:Ayala,or the guy from weder bremen beginning uf?
Midfield:ballack,davids,BARAJA(top class),alonso,rosicky

if i was benitez this is what i would want to line up against spurs in august

Kirkland
finnan                 hyypia     ayala                   carragher
rosicky                gerrard    baraja                  kewell
                          owen      cisse

i would personally be very happy with these players,baraja available because of valencia heavily in debt same goes for ayala and rosicky very unhappy at dortmund

Let me know what you think!!!!
The Rafalution Continues!
laurence_2k2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:19 pm

Benitez seems astute enough to draft  in the best possible additions to our squad ,Im sure he is already  doing his level best to secure the signatures  as we speak .

Until  then we can only wait and see what the future brings  and ignore the speculation until Benitez’s acquisitions are wearing the red of Liverpool football club
:) :)
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Legend #9 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:21 pm

I think we really need to buy Ujfalusi, Quaresma, Rosicky.
UJFALUSI was by far the best defender in Euro2004.
QUARESMA is a fantastic player and if comes to LFC will have the same impact as C.Ronaldo
ROSICKY would give us more creativity that we luck so much

Anyother class players would be a bonus

I think this would be the best XI we've had for years

Dudek

Carragher            Hyypia                      Ujfalusi                 Riise

Quaresma            Gerrard                     Rosicky                Kewell

Cisse                 Owen/Baros
Legend #9

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:43 am

DUDEK
FINNAN   HYPPIA  DELLAS   CARRA
WRIGHT-   GERRARD  ROSICKY  KEWELL
PHILLIPS     
               OWEN    BAROS/CISSE
DELLAS IS A CLASS DEFENDER AND HIS MAN-MARKING WOULD COME IN HANDY AGAINST PLAYERS LIKE HENRY, VAN PISSELROOY, KEANE, ROONEY AND OF COURSE HESKEY(:D).
ROSICKY'S RUNNING FROM MIDFIELD WAS STUNNING IN EURO 04 AND WOULD CREATE PLENTY OF CHANCES FOR OUR STRIKERS.
WRIGHT PHILLIPS IS THE TYPE OF PLAYER WE NEED ON THE RIGHT WING COS HES GOT PACE AND CAN RUN AT PLAYERS(AND ITS HIS NATURAL POSITION).
JUST THOUGHT I'D MENTION THAT UP FRONT I THINK OWEN WILL COME GOOD AND IT'LL BE BETWEEN BAROS AND CISSE TO FILL THE OTHER SPOT(IF BAROS GETS HIS CHANCE).
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:21 am

Andreas Hinkle plays for Stuttgart really impressed against Chelsea in the Champions League quick ,comfortable on the ball ,skilfull and blessed with excellent reading of the game :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:19 pm

Anyone who Benitez feels fit to put in the team in the areas we need them is good enough for me!

But if it was me then central defence would be Ufjalusi/Carvalio (essentialy a good defender with pace)
Centre mid would Rosicky he really impressed me in the Euros and would be my first choice!
Right wing is the least strong area but the two Spanish lads looked good in the Euros, SWP is still very raw but has bags of enthusiasm and energy and sometimes that can add more to a team then just skill and talent!
What ever choices are made the balance needs to be right which is something that has been missing for a long time!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:20 pm

Whats happened to Mexes by the way has he signed for ROMA yet?
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:23 pm

What about the Greece right back ?  Can't remember his name but he did a great man marking job during euro 2004 and stopped Figo in the final.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:25 pm

i think he turned down moves to us, manure andchelski and roma are waitin to finalise the deal. he's a class defender and if france had him instead of silvestre i'd say they could've gone a lot further in euro04
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:27 pm

right back i dont think is a major problem for us at the moment not as much as the 3 other positions i said already!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:52 pm

Liverpool need a centre-half with a bit of pace, a creative midfielder and a right winger. I'd love to see Carvaliho and Rosicky for the first two positions, as for a right winger.. I'm open to suggestions
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:53 pm

two words. steed malbranque. he's too good for fulham and knows the premiership. the problem is fulham will probably slap some ridiculous price tag on him. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 pm

I agree with stmichael that malbranque is class plus the bonus of him being fully familliar with the Primiership. He would come with a ridiculous price tag, I concur.

I fear that our budget may be compromised as we have not had the so-called promised investment from the Thais/Singaporeans/Chinese (take your pick) and a big hole in the transfer budget has been blown on Cisse. For all of our sakes, I do hope that he would be able to at least bang in the winning goal for us consistently if he does not bang a couple every other game.

We seriously need more pace in the centre of the defense and in the midfield. I really fancied Carvaliho but he would be very expensive and I like Rosicky but maybe at this juncture, a quicker replacement for Hamann is more necessary - Baraja from Valencia.

Having seen how Valencia outplayed Liverpool home and away, I will trust Benitez to get it right.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:07 pm

How would people feel about a swap deal involving Murphy for either Malbranque or Wright-phillips. I personally feel we have had the best out of Danny and is one of the few players we have that could command a respectable fee. I like the player and I know he loves the club but what do you think. Rosiky and Ballack or Hargreaves would be class also. The toughie is a centre half, we def need some pace in there but from what I can see there is a lack of decent players available in this position. I would like to see Gallas and Chelski are after another centre back, perfick if you ask me.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:42 pm

azriahmad wrote:I agree with stmichael that malbranque is class plus the bonus of him being fully familliar with the Primiership. He would come with a ridiculous price tag, I concur.

I fear that our budget may be compromised as we have not had the so-called promised investment from the Thais/Singaporeans/Chinese (take your pick) and a big hole in the transfer budget has been blown on Cisse. For all of our sakes, I do hope that he would be able to at least bang in the winning goal for us consistently if he does not bang a couple every other game.

We seriously need more pace in the centre of the defense and in the midfield. I really fancied Carvaliho but he would be very expensive and I like Rosicky but maybe at this juncture, a quicker replacement for Hamann is more necessary - Baraja from Valencia.

Having seen how Valencia outplayed Liverpool home and away, I will trust Benitez to get it right.

fully agree!! Malbranque ole!
whylongball?

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion