Excuses...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:10 am

Whats with the excuses? I've never known anything like it at the minute, its insane.

Every question thats raised theres an excuse and a poor one at that.

When a players rubbish it seems to be:

"He needs time"
"He's only 20"
"He didn't cost alot"
"Its player instructions"
"He is good enough, look at the 3 goals he's scored last season and such and such an important goal"
"You're clueless he's a great player, he just can't perform on a football pitch"

When Rafa wastes money on :censored::

"He's not got the money"
"We can't compete"
"He needs time"
"You can't expect this or that"
"Its the owners fault"

When Rafa signs the wrong players and lets the good ones go:

"He's past it"
"He's not good enough"
"He'll be good in 5 years"
"This ones better than the original target and is the new Maradonna"

The ownership situation's awful, lets make no mistake, but its not been awful for five years, why has this team's personel not improved in five years. We're no better off than we were in Houlliers last season, we're still a two man team only its Torres instead of Owen now.

Why do people keep coming out with rubbish excuses?

Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres and Keane are good enough.

Why don't we have any other players that are?

The fact is, if the rest are, that means the lads I've wrote down aren't as good as you seem to think... OR that means that you over rate the other players.

So which is it?

When are we going to stop making excuses and realise the truth?
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:12 am

Fo Dne wrote:Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres and Keane are good enough.

Agger.
LFC2007

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:19 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres and Keane are good enough.

Agger.

:no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:23 am

A really good player no?

Players don't change overnight, he was once a really good player, but now he's not good enough?

For me - at his best - he is good enough to be in a title challenging XI.
LFC2007

Postby hello_red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:23 am

We have been left behind mate. Sad truth is unless we get decent owners with a very good forward thinking plan we are going to end up in the 90s again. Rafa is just the start there is so much wrong with this club it is quite scary.

Transfer funds? None existant.

Rafa? A great manager, but lacking when under pressure.

Owners? Position un-workable after the stadium fell through as most bank loans would be set against a promise of a new stadium for repayments. As that is not happening we have a major problem if they stay.

Players? We have a world class core of players through the middle. The wide areas are lacking hence the rotation IMO.

All in all we need to be seriously thinking about whole sale changes at the club right through from the board to the owners.

Ahh im tired.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 am

LFC2007 wrote:

Agger.

I`d have Skrtel in there as well TBH.
Had he not got injured agaist chelsea in the semi i maintain we would have won.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 am

hello_red wrote:We have been left behind mate. Sad truth is unless we get decent owners with a very good forward thinking plan we are going to end up in the 90s again. Rafa is just the start there is so much wrong with this club it is quite scary.

Owners? Position un-workable after the stadium fell through as most bank loans would be set against a promise of a new stadium for repayments. As that is not happening we have a major problem if they stay.

Players? We have a world class core of players through the middle. The wide areas are lacking hence the rotation IMO.

All in all we need to be seriously thinking about whole sale changes at the club right through from the board to the owners.

Ahh im tired.

Benitez isn't a world class manager mate, not for me.

A world class coach definately. But never a world class manager. I think if provided with the right tools he'd do excellently. Ask him to identify them though and you're onto a loser as we've found out.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:28 am

Rush Job wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Agger.

Neither player would get anywhere near Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea's first 11.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:32 am

A really good player but not good enough  :D
LFC2007

Postby hello_red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:34 am

Fo Dne wrote:
hello_red wrote:We have been left behind mate. Sad truth is unless we get decent owners with a very good forward thinking plan we are going to end up in the 90s again. Rafa is just the start there is so much wrong with this club it is quite scary.

Ahh im tired.

Benitez isn't a world class manager mate, not for me.

A world class coach definately. But never a world class manager. I think if provided with the right tools he'd do excellently. Ask him to identify them though and you're onto a loser as we've found out.

I think he is. But hes not transparent enough, I think he could deliver us the league but not under the present enviroment. He lacks vision sometimes in important matches. The 'right we have them in our pocket cut there leg off' or in the big games the ability to match mentality. It pains me but sometimes the Mancs wnat it more it seems even at Anfield.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:42 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Agger.

Neither player would get anywhere near Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea's first 11.

Even though chelsea with all their top players couldnt find a way past us in either leg and a league match for that matter untill he had to go off, then we let in 3. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:43 am

Fo Dne wrote:Whats with the excuses? I've never known anything like it at the minute, its insane.

"He needs time"
"He's only 20"
"He didn't cost alot"
"He is good enough, look at the 3 goals he's scored last season and such and such an important goal"
"You're clueless he's a great player, he just can't perform on a football pitch"

"He's not got the money"
"We can't compete"
"He needs time"
"Its the owners fault"

"He's past it"
"He's not good enough"

The ownership situation's awful, lets make no mistake, but its not been awful for five years, why has this team's personel not improved in five years. We're no better off than we were in Houlliers last season, we're still a two man team only its Torres instead of Owen now.

Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres and Keane are good enough.

The fact is, if the rest are, that means the lads I've wrote down aren't as good as you seem to think... OR that means that you over rate the other players.

So which is it?

Any more useless fecking topics you gonna start jesus get a grip and go post this sh.it on rawk and see what response you get feck off you bell end.  :veryangry
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:52 am

LegBarnes wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Whats with the excuses? I've never known anything like it at the minute, its insane.

"He needs time"
"He's only 20"
"He didn't cost alot"

"He's not got the money"
"We can't compete"
"He needs time"
"Its the owners fault"

"He's past it"
"He's not good enough"

So which is it?

Any more useless fecking topics you gonna start jesus get a grip and go post this sh.it on rawk and see what response you get feck off you bell end.  :veryangry

Say what you feel digger, we are all friends here. :D
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 am

Rush Job wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

"He needs time"
"He's only 20"
"He didn't cost alot"

"He's not got the money"
"We can't compete"
"He needs time"
"Its the owners fault"

"He's past it"
"He's not good enough"

So which is it?

Say what you feel digger, we are all friends here. :D

:D ok but every topic he post is doom and gloom it just gets on me tits I know he is angry but ain't we all but rest of us keep it in check well most of time.

Ranting like this gets us no where.

I am sorry Fo Dne but please try to be more positive with you topics and take a ballanced look at things.

PS. BABEL IS WORLD CLASS

Fo Dne will get it.  :eyebrow
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:00 am

to be honest we spend a lot of money on bit part players or players who may or may not make it in the future, we never hear of the mancs or chavs wasting money this way. rather than buy two pieces of :censored: they use that money to buy one player that will help them. this is where we fail because rafa wants a massive squad of mediocrity rather than a team of quality

and at last someone else id prepared to come on here and give the hard truth, good on ya stu
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion