Excuses...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:04 am

peewee wrote:to be honest we spend a lot of money on bit part players or players who may or may not make it in the future, we never hear of the mancs or chavs wasting money this way. rather than buy two pieces of :censored: they use that money to buy one player that will help them. this is where we fail because rafa wants a massive squad of mediocrity rather than a team of quality

and at last someone else id prepared to come on here and give the hard truth, good on ya stu

But is it the players fault or Rafas can't keep having go at players if you think they are not good.

Surely the fact is if you have that mind set that they just ain't that good so why keep pointing it out.

Not much can be done about it apart from proving a point and that doesn't help any one but your self.

Playing the marter so to speak.

Just get behind the team and surport them is all us fans can do till end of season now or till new owners come in and make changes.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:07 am

peewee wrote:we fail because rafa wants a massive squad of mediocrity rather than a team of quality

But does he mate?
Is he thinking i must have more mediocre players, i need a bigger more mediocre squad, tell mr Parry only sign sh!t because i have a plan. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 am

Hilarious thread this. Some whoppers being spouted now.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:12 am

Rush Job wrote:
peewee wrote:we fail because rafa wants a massive squad of mediocrity rather than a team of quality

But does he mate?
Is he thinking i must have more mediocre players, i need a bigger more mediocre squad, tell mr Parry only sign sh!t because i have a plan. :D

I know. Jesus fucking wept.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:16 am

LegBarnes wrote:
peewee wrote:to be honest we spend a lot of money on bit part players or players who may or may not make it in the future, we never hear of the mancs or chavs wasting money this way. rather than buy two pieces of :censored: they use that money to buy one player that will help them. this is where we fail because rafa wants a massive squad of mediocrity rather than a team of quality

and at last someone else id prepared to come on here and give the hard truth, good on ya stu

But is it the players fault or Rafas can't keep having go at players if you think they are not good.

Surely the fact is if you have that mind set that they just ain't that good so why keep pointing it out.

Not much can be done about it apart from proving a point and that doesn't help any one but your self.

Playing the marter so to speak.

Just get behind the team and surport them is all us fans can do till end of season now or till new owners come in and make changes.

Thats pritty much how i feel about it too.
Even if everything a poster like Peewee said was true, what are we to do?   
Sit around on here moaning on about how sh!t everything is and how we hate this and hate that.
What purpose would that serve.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:16 am

Emerald Red wrote:Hilarious thread this. Some whoppers being spouted now.

Yeah its daft nothing will come of this topic but more moaning about things that are not in our control.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:20 am

we have/had money to buy quality players, the fact is this money would rather be spent on a large squad rather than on quality players,

as for my opinion and the stupid "martyr" comment (at least spell it right), i don't see anyone else changing their opinions but still spouting them at every opportunity, are they martyrs also

as for the players not being good enough, well who signed them? and if rafa doesn't wasn't them then don't sign them. oh yeah he never had the money did he to sign quality? well yes he did have the money, he has had money available but CHOOSES to buy players not good enough or buy players only to play them out of position. please tell em what is the point in playing players out of position, did someone tell him once paisley made kennedy a midfielder and he thought 'oh i can do that'.

shankly, paisley, fagin, they must all be turning in their graves looking at the shambles that rafa has built at this club, yes guys, your precious rafa has made this club a laughing stock.

not going for a win on sunday ffs, oh we hear it all, we scored more goals than anyone else last season, what did we win again last season?  oh yeah, f*ck all.
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 am

peewee wrote:we have/had money to buy quality players, the fact is this money would rather be spent on a large squad rather than on quality players,

Name the quality players, peewee. Are you talking about the world class players that other clubs might not even want to sell to us, or if the player would even want to go to us, not to mention the wages they would demand? Name em.

You can't just lump all your money on a single player at the detriment to the rest of the squad. What if they get injured, or worse, turn out to be complete liability? Shevshenko and Veron spring to mind. Imagine had we spent that kind of money it took to bring those massive flops in, eh? Benayoun, even though he isn't good enough for us, has scored 2 hat-tricks. How many did the godly Shevshenko score? Benitez just can't win either way. Sure, let's go and spunk 40 million on two players, only for us to get hit with injuries and start playing center-backs up front because we just don't have a squad to cope.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:31 am

LegBarnes wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Hilarious thread this. Some whoppers being spouted now.

Yeah its daft nothing will come of this topic but more moaning about things that are not in our control.

Exactly, we have no power to change anything, so we need to support whatever we have at this moment, and lucky for (some) of us it aint that bad.
Thats not to say we should try and agree because we are here for open discussion, its just theres only so many times you can state how sh!t we are and then complain when others have the cheak to be possitive and try and get behind the team/manager. This is after all a LFC forum, not a scum one.
If supporting such a great clubs brings so much tension and stress to people i strongly suggest they take a brake, because thats not good.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:31 am

peewee wrote:we have/had money to buy quality players, the fact is this money would rather be spent on a large squad rather than on quality players,

as for my opinion and the stupid "martyr" comment (at least spell it right), i don't see anyone else changing their opinions but still spouting them at every opportunity, are they martyrs also

as for the players not being good enough, well who signed them? and if rafa doesn't wasn't them then don't sign them. oh yeah he never had the money did he to sign quality? well yes he did have the money, he has had money available but CHOOSES to buy players not good enough or buy players only to play them out of position. please tell em what is the point in playing players out of position, did someone tell him once paisley made kennedy a midfielder and he thought 'oh i can do that'.

shankly, paisley, fagin, they must all be turning in their graves looking at the shambles that rafa has built at this club, yes guys, your precious rafa has made this club a laughing stock.

not going for a win on sunday ffs, oh we hear it all, we scored more goals than anyone else last season, what did we win again last season?  oh yeah, f*ck all.

O right getting out the spelling mistakes to hold favor in your posts get a life.

If you read my posts in general You know peewee i tend to have same ideas about things at club as you.

I agree on we buy many fringe players way to many and we have had cash to buy a few top class players each year.

So i dont know why you are preaching to me for.

As for my spelling i have dyslexia thx for pointing it out and making me feel like sh.it ta for that.

I just feel this post is very one sided and it seems to hold same ideas as almost every other topic he has started so i don't see reason in starting a new one.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:34 am

About the martyr comment i am sorry it was more directed at Fo Dne tbh as he starts all this topics to prove a point i feel and it doesn't help any one.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:34 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Name the quality players, peewee. Are you talking about the world class players that other clubs might not even want to sell to us, or if the player would even want to go to us, not to mention the wages they would demand? Name em.

You can't just lump all your money on a single player at the detriment to the rest of the squad. What if they get injured, or worse, turn out to be complete liability? Shevshenko and Veron spring to mind. Imagine had we spent that kind of money it took to bring those massive flops in, eh? Benayoun, even though he isn't good enough for us, has scored 2 hat-tricks. How many did the godly Shevshenko score? Benitez just can't win either way. Sure, let's go and spunk 40 million on two players, only for us to get hit with injuries and start playing center-backs up front because we just don't have a squad to cope.

so now you are saying we shouldn't spend too much on players in case they get injured?

make your mind up. yes we need a squad, we have a squad too large which is to the detriment of quality
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 am

LegBarnes wrote:About the martyr comment i am sorry it was more directed at Fo Dne tbh as he starts all this topics to prove a point i feel and it doesn't help any one.

no problem mate, we all need to stick to football and question others opinions without getting personal, i have been guilty of it in the past.
112-1077774096

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 am

Emerald Red wrote:

I get PeeWees point red i am sure he don't meen they all have to be 20 million thats just daft remember good players don't any ways cost 20 million deco cost just 8 but where was rafa when he was up for grabs ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:42 am

peewee wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

so now you are saying we shouldn't spend too much on players in case they get injured?

make your mind up. yes we need a squad, we have a squad too large which is to the detriment of quality

In this day and age, you need at least two players in every position, so how's the squad too large? If anything, we're actually short of players, the wide ones to be exact, hence Dirk Diggler as the winger, and Keane playing the cameo role as one. Babel? He ain't one either, and Pennant is :censored:.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion