Gh excuses - Accept or not? be consistent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 09, 2004 4:03 pm

Gerard Houllier firmly believes injuries to key players at various points in the season has been a pivotal factor in why Liverpool have struggled this season and not been close to the top three in the Premiership table.

If his point taken then you should let him do his job  :)
Fair enuff?
And you should be consistent in your response whether we'll get the CL or not.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:08 pm

It has definately been a factor as to why we are so far behind the Mancs and Chelsea.

With the right additions and normal run of injuries next season we'll be on level terms with those teams.
115-1073096938

Postby XSD » Sun May 09, 2004 4:29 pm

Who knows where we would be with a team fully fit and on form like we've seen in the last few matches...
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 09, 2004 5:27 pm

C'mon those who criticise GH a lots!, where's u voice :;):
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 9:01 pm

We have one of the biggest sqauds in the whole football league, so don't talk cr#p.:angry:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun May 09, 2004 9:08 pm

kenco wrote:We have one of the biggest sqauds in the whole football league, so don't talk cr#p.:angry:

There is a lot of dead wood in it indeed. We have a strong 11 but a weak squad, which is an obvious fault of Houllier's management.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:09 pm

Really? One of the biggest squads?

Chelsea spent Houlliers entire 5 year budget this season bringing in 7 players. They have two first 11's.

Houllier has signed 40 players with a similar amount of money over five years.

They are said to be spending 250million this summer. We get 25million if we are lucky. that means they are getting 100% more money.

How the f##k do you expect us to realistically compete with that? But the fact is we do.

Kenco, ur an arsewipe.

*rant over*
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:10 pm

Big squads or not, imagine the following.....

Arsenal without Henry, Pires and Vierra for a good few games

Manure without Scholes, ronaldo and Van Nostrilhair

Chelski without Lampard, Terry and Gudjonsen

This is the point, and it is a fair one. We HAVE been very unlucky with injuries this season, and the poor quality backup has accentuated this problem.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:17 pm

[quote]There is a lot of dead wood in it indeed. We have a strong 11 but a weak squad, which is an obvious fault of Houllier's management. [CODE]

I disagree.

We have an excellent squad but only a decent first 11.

First 11.

Owen    ?
Kewell       ?          Gerrard   ?
Riise         Hyypia   ?           ?
                   Kirkland

Second 11.

Pongolle   Baros
Smicer       Hamann    Le Tallec   Murphy 
Carragher    Traore     Henchoz    Finnan
                       Dudek

Hamann is good enough but doesn't fit the system imo. Finnan and Le Tallec will be good enough given time and will be replaced in the reserve team by Vignal and Welsh. Thats how i look at it.

With Cisse known to be coming thats one position improved. I Think Finnan will make the right back slot his own next season so theres two. I am hopefull Houllier will sign a classy centre half with pace aswell, we all know he wants one so that would be three. Filled. That would mean just the two in midfield to be filled, Hamann is a class act just not what we need and Murphy is a good squad player. The potential and foundations are there.
115-1073096938

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 9:26 pm

STU were fellow reds so please dont come out with such utter s##t G.H.as spent as much as Cheski since he's been in charge but spent the money on cr#p and got rid of decent players.And you would'nt call me an areswipe to my face you little s##t i'd knock your head of your shoulders!!! :angry:
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 09, 2004 9:29 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Chelsea spent Houlliers entire 5 year budget this season bringing in 7 players. They have two first 11's.

Houllier has signed 40 players with a similar amount of money over five years.

I think the argument here is on Houllier's signing and the quality of the squad he brought in. How much do you think GH's signings are currently worth on the market compared to Chelsea's acquisition this season? How many players have we sold for more than we paid for? The old cliche of quality is always better than quantity holds true here.

Also I don't believe Arsene has spend 120M for Arsenal, so why are we so far behind? I guessed the bottom line is that GH's signing over the years have cost us dear. I would rather he have spend the money and bring us success but he has not. Yes we do not have the funds to compete with Chelski but buying success is one thing, splashing out on dubious footballer is another.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 9:49 pm

I agree santa. Liverpool teams of old always had stars,but also they had workhorses and water carrier's, it's the blend that counts.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:53 pm

STU were fellow reds so please dont come out with such utter s##t G.H.as spent as much as Cheski since he's been in charge but spent the money on cr#p and got rid of decent players.And you would'nt call me an areswipe to my face you little s##t i'd knock your head of your shoulders!!!

Firstly its not sh##e its realism.

out of those players i listed none are "cr#p". Most of them i agree aren't good enough for the first team but they certainly aren't cr#p as you put it.

G.H. Has had to sign players for around the 5million mark. He's made a couple of mistakes but he's made some great signings two. Idiots will point out Diouf and Heskey, Heskey was a good signing at the time. He declined. That isn't completely down to Houllier. Optimists will point out McAllister, Babbel, Hamann, Hyypia and Kewell... realists like myself simply look at the whole picture.

And for a second i would call you an arsewipe to your face and i'd be very suprised if you actually know how to fight, idiots who make threats on the net simply have no balls or life experience.

For a third i certainly ain't little. :)

Good day, ARSEWIPE!!! :D
115-1073096938

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 09, 2004 10:13 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
G.H. Has had to sign players for around the 5million mark. He's made a couple of mistakes but he's made some great signings two. Idiots will point out Diouf and Heskey, Heskey was a good signing at the time. He declined. That isn't completely down to Houllier. Optimists will point out McAllister, Babbel, Hamann, Hyypia and Kewell... realists like myself simply look at the whole picture.

Heskey declined because Houllier have failed to get the best out of him.

...and Gerrard is not an "unknown" before GH "unearthed" him.

Signing players is not about seeing them played a good tournament or performed well in a few games. It is about blending in and understand English football. A good example is when Keegan signed Asprillia and the Toons blew a 12 points lead and lost the Premiership.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 10:20 pm

Well tell you what stu,i'll be in the Arkles next week when we play Newcastle so what if i wait for you out side the door leading onto stanley park and we'll tell every one in this forum how i kicked the the s##t out of a 24 carat platium plated diamond tipped t#s#er like you, everyone knows me around the Breck road anfield area so if you walk past me with your head down and sneak into the pub just ask one of the staff behind the bar where Kenny is it will be my pleasure   :angry: it's people like you that make me sick you self opinionated tw#t.:angry:
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion