Kermit gets his excuses in early - Just in case

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:33 pm

Taken from www.bbc.co.uk

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is expecting a Highbury backlash when his side visit Arsenal on Friday.
"Arsenal will be like a wounded animal and will be looking to bounce back after their FA Cup and Champions League defeats," admitted Houllier.

"It has not been an easy period for them but we will need to be on top of our game to compete with them.

"Arsene is a strong manager and his players are caapable of overcoming their recent difficulties."

Although there is 25 points separating the two clubs, Houllier believes the gap between the sides is not that big.

"We should have beaten Arsenal when we played them at Anfield," he said.

"We played very well in the first half and we had quite a few players unavailable that day who are now back in contention.

"We have to show our determination to finish fourth and I'd say it is a more important game for us than Arsenal because they have a bigger cushion at the top of the table."

---------------------------------------------------------

Excuses for not beating the Arsenal at Anfield, obviously we "deserved" more, and an early excuse for possible defeat at Highbury. Why doesn't he stick his neck out and blame the ref up front, maybe excuse the performance of the lads due to fatigue or something as well.

btw, the "it is a more important game for us than Arsenal because they have a bigger cushion at the top of the table" comment reads like bu11shit to me. It is more important to Kermit than Wenger or Arsenal, but I think the title might just have more meaning. As for a "big cushion", four points is far from a "big cushion", especially since it was nine points before the manu game
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:39 pm

I get so frustrated when I hear him give interviews.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:42 pm

Paul C wrote:I get so frustrated when I hear him give interviews.

I switch it off or talk over it  :D I reckon most fans who have seen the game can probably do it for him, it doesn't change much from one match to the next. He is too stubborn to make the sacrifice so he should be sacrificed
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:20 pm

Another excuse to have a go at the manger.

Tell me what manager on the face of the earth wouldn't make comments like those?

Whats so bad about what he's said?

The fact that he knows we are going up against the best team in the country and arguabley one of the best sides in europe he obviously doesn't expect us to stroll to a win.

Mind you, thats not good enough for some glory seekers like yourself is it.
115-1073096938

Postby DrLiverpool » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:45 pm

:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:47 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:...He obviusly doesnt expect us to stroll to a win

But we are going to stroll to a win  :D

:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:55 am

stu_the_red wrote:Another excuse to have a go at the manger.

Tell me what manager on the face of the earth wouldn't make comments like those?

Whats so bad about what he's said?

The fact that he knows we are going up against the best team in the country and arguabley one of the best sides in europe he obviously doesn't expect us to stroll to a win.

Mind you, thats not good enough for some glory seekers like yourself is it.

You don't half post *****. "glory seekers" like me?!?!?!? Go feck yourself, I've been a Liverpool supporter for near 20 years and "glory" has been absent for half that time. Kermit is talking ***** if he thinks the game is more important to us than Arsenal as I said, it is more important to him though.

My point is we're all aware of a possible backlash, Kermit is a prize tit and you are too. If the gap isn't "that big" then why are we 25 points adrift?!?!?!?!? I just wish he'd shut the ***** up, you too, until the end of the season when the crux comes.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:17 am

Sometimes i wonder if stu supports liverpool or GH.......... Someone tell him that, they are 2 different entities...........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 am

Exactly my thoughts mate. I support Liverpool and want the best for the club, I think that will be achieved by getting rid of Kermit. Makes me laugh, he accuses me of being a "glory seeker" yet he believes the way to "glory" is through Kermit............  :laugh:
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion