Excuses...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Number 9 wrote:I think some people(Stu especially) are too hard on Babel,a right footed player on the left wing is never gonna show 100% what he can do,i actually feel quite sorry for the lad being put out there,its like trying to ask a baker to be a chef,he can do some of it but not all and never as good as the chef could!I'll reserve my judgement on babel until he has a run of games in a position he feels at home!
On Agger again I disagree,I think he showed in his first season he's more than up to it.The problem is though you need someone in beside him who is dominant in the air,if you dont have that we will suffer bigtime from setpieces and crosses because he aint great in the air.Saying that though hes a calm defender on the deck and plays good passes out of defence sometimes runs with the ball out,rather than just hoof it up the pitch over the heads of everyone giving our opponents back posession.I love Jamie Carragher but he does that way too much,i guess thats just the way he's programmed,still a great defender though!

As for Rafas tactics and team selections,last season I could always in some form get my head round what he was at when others were on here going nuts I kept an open mind!Against Villa the other day everything was wrong,the team selection,the formation,the substitutes where all just bizarre and I still cant understand what he had in mind!In fact the only sensible thing he done the whole match was put Keane in the middle where he should have started in the first place.....that match was there for the taking and the truth is Benitez lost 2 points himself,which is a major worry!

As for excuses we have had them all on here,I've always backed the manager and will until the end of the season but we have'nt really went forward under Rafa and 5 years is a very long time!
It's obvious the Yanks are not helping anything but they cannot be to blame for the way the team performs.They could of course help the team and manager by saying at the start of the transfer window "you have X amount to spend" but that would be way too simple.
Simple theres a word,there does'nt seem to be anything simple at LFC ever anymore,everything is a drama and a drawn out mess!

Anyway Rafa with all his imperfections has my backing till the end of the season,he asked for 5 years and he's gonna get them!There is no doubt this man has a huge passion for LFC,its a shame he cannot seem to inject it into the players though!
If he does'nt win any of the big 2 this season sadly I feel he'll be gone and in all honesty it may be the right decision......it wont be a happy day though!
But LFC needs to be moving upwards fast,because if we dont we will be left behind and that cant happen!

Robert Pires and Marc Overmars were right footed and done there best work on the left. McManaman was right footed and done his best work on the left.

Zidane played from the left for Madrid. Messi's left footed and plays on the right.

It doesn't matter what foot you are as to what side you play on.

Some players can't go past players on one side either, something you'd know if you played the game yourself. Some players beat a man on the instep to there left, and others go around them to the right, the outside of the player. Usually players like Pennant and Lennon go outside, wide players with skill and acceleration. Players like McManaman usually go past them on the instep... obviously if you're on the left and right footy and you go on the instep, you're going outside the player due to where you are on the pitch.

Agger hoofs the ball far to much and his choice of pass is poor. He's not good enough defensively. As backup he's fine, we'd get away with him next to a world class centre back but I'd rather have Carragher. The difference in Agger and Sami at his best, even a couple of years ago is rediculous, its not even close.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm

yet before agger was injured he was our best cb by a mile - him bringing the ball out of defence was a massive bonus for us and gave us a new dimension - it was no surprise our defensive form went downhill last season when he got injured,he is slowly being eased back into the team .
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Comparing Babel to Overmars,Pires,Zidane or Messi is pointless Stu,you have picked arguably 4 of the best players of a generation of footballers,ffs they were all world class at their best.Babel will never be.My point was that I feel too much is being asked from a player of his ability in a position that does not suit him.That is why i will reserve judgement on him for the time being.You seem to have your mind made up on him and thats fair enough,i will wait until i see him given a run of games in a position that comes natural to him.The thing is though he may not be given this chance under Rafa!

As for Agger well we will have to disagree there,im not saying he's perfect or world class but hes a good defender and worthy of a place,he's also very young and defenders benefit more than any other type of player from experience.Also I never drew any parallel between him and Hyypia nor would I ever, Sami is a rare breed of quality,Agger will never be as good as he was nor will 95% of defenders who play the game!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 pm

one thing we know is its pointless playing keane on eiher wing, that is just 20million wasted if we carry on doing that
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:20 pm

If the reports about Rafa telling Pennant to go to Stoke are to be believed...

Does that now mean Rafa has wiped out an option on the right?

I'm not impressed with Rafa on that score - unless he can patch things up.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Emerald red, you're a happy clappy :censored: wit lad.

Again, I'll say this: wise up you gimp. You talk some bollox, son! You wouldn't even think you were a Liverpool supporter with half the shyte you spout on here. Get a f*cking grip.

Emerald mate I've been reading your Lando-esk posts, in this thread. And noticed you've ruined the thread, well done.

BTW, stop pretending to be someone your not hey ?

Oh, right, so because I'm not playing along and sticking the boot into the managers bollox I've ruined this thread. Got ya. And pretending to be someone I'm not? So I wrote the word gimp. So what? Is that word exclusively licensed to Lando or something?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Thread after thread, post after post of moaning and bleating drivel , i can't even ignore it as it's in every feckin thread , jesus christ , people need a reality check . Go and kick the cat or something , ffs this place is depressing the sh!t out of me .

By all means have an opinion and make your critisisms know ,but in every thread on the board .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Thread after thread, post after post of moaning and bleating drivel , i can't even ignore it as it's in every feckin thread , jesus christ , people need a reality check . Go and kick the cat or something , ffs this place is depressing the sh!t out of me .

By all means have an opinion and make your critisisms know ,but in every thread on the board .

To be fair Igor this is a thread thats started to criticise, so you might expect some in here  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Thread after thread, post after post of moaning and bleating drivel , i can't even ignore it as it's in every feckin thread , jesus christ , people need a reality check . Go and kick the cat or something , ffs this place is depressing the sh!t out of me .

To be fair Igor this is a thread thats started to criticise, so you might expect some in here  :D

I've decided to make camp in the positives thread until the storm ends.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Its all well blaming the owners...but lets focus on the pitch shall we ?

Who is the one buying all the mediore players ? I keep saying this every season. Why does rafa have to buy so many players....(so what if they are free....cost a few millions...etc). And even now he goes and buys a brazilian forward when our reserves already have so many young forwards ?

All this adds up...the signing on fee ...the wages. And its always back to square one.

He buys quantity...finds they are not good and then offloads them the next summer. And then the same excuses keeps proping up... Give the players a chance...how long have they been at our club....blah..blah...blah...blah...blah...

Its the same $h1t. He keeps "business process re-engineering" the team every season. Look at how fergie and wenger build their teams. They get the players they want to build the team around...and then as the seasons go they add quality players to team.

And look what rafa does ? Buys $hit load of youth players....Buys $hit load of central midfielders, Keeps signing free transfers who we haven't even heard off, Doesn't buy players who have pace....etc.

Like i said, its all good to blame the owners...but they aren't the ones signing all our players...

So this flora dude....is he our 147th player in our books or something ?
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

Well yeh your right mate , but it's even in the WWBB T JAMES thread .

WILL

WE

SACK

RAFA

STU.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:26 pm

The_Rock wrote:Its all well blaming the owners...but lets focus on the pitch shall we ?

Who is the one buying all the mediore players ? I keep saying this every season. Why does rafa have to buy so many players....(so what if they are free....cost a few millions...etc). And even now he goes and buys a brazilian forward when our reserves already have so many young forwards ?

All this adds up...the signing on fee ...the wages. And its always back to square one.

He buys quantity...finds they are not good and then offloads them the next summer. And then the same excuses keeps proping up... Give the players a chance...how long have they been at our club....blah..blah...blah...blah...blah...

Its the same $h1t. He keeps "business process re-engineering" the team every season. Look at how fergie and wenger build their teams. They get the players they want to build the team around...and then as the seasons go they add quality players to team.

And look what rafa does ? Buys $hit load of youth players....Buys $hit load of central midfielders, Keeps signing free transfers who we haven't even heard off, Doesn't buy players who have pace....etc.

Like i said, its all good to blame the owners...but they aren't the ones signing all our players...

aaaagggghhh me eyes !!!

Why the nasty green font ???? ????

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:06 pm

The_Rock wrote:Its all well blaming the owners...but lets focus on the pitch shall we ?

Clueless. And for the love of f*ck, I wish people would stop referring to how Wenger and Ferguson build their squads. What's Arsenal won in the last three years again? Aye, exactly what I was thinking too. It's sickening how our rivals managers are looked upon by some people on a Liverpool forum as if they are deities, yet are quick to sink a boot in the bollox of our players and manager.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Bit of Pre-Match-Tension on display here lads......... :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Clueless. And for the love of f*ck, I wish people would stop referring to how Wenger and Ferguson build their squads. What's Arsenal won in the last three years again? Aye, exactly what I was thinking too. It's sickening how our rivals managers are looked upon by some people on a Liverpool forum as if they are deities, yet are quick to sink a boot in the bollox of our players and manager.

Well said.

Some of the respect Wenger and Ferguson get on here is ridiculous at times. I wonder if on Arsenal and United forums they are licking the arse of Rafa
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion