Kirkland vs dudek - Stats prove dudek is best

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby nuhi » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:47 pm

I think that Dudek better than Kirkland and I can say it, because it's my opinion.
nuhi

Postby XSD » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:09 am

Dudek and Kirkland seem to have very similar strengths, and similar weaknesses. I can't see a difference right now.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:16 am

Where are the f#cking idiots(AB for one)

Drop dead moron.

Dudek and Kirkland seem to have very similar strengths, and similar weaknesses. I can't see a difference right now.

Spot on. Both seem to be weak during set pieces and when balls are crossed into the box.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ssss » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:55 am

Lets hope both dudek and kirky start getting their act together because if this continues, not only will their confidence be shattered, even our defence would lose confidence in their goalie, and that could be detrimental to the team.

Defenders have to be confident in their goalie or else mistakes will happen.

Anyway, its not yet a crisis but something has to be done soon by the coaching staff and rafa,....hwoever kirkland's statistics are pretty amazing (amazing shocking as opposed to amazing good)..
ssss

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:07 am

Bruce "if the price is right, I'll let one in" Grobballar, David "I blame in on video games" James. Sander "please don't make fun of me"Westerveld. Jersey "I must make sure I always cover my far post" Dudek and Chris "Mr Magoo" Kirkland.

We have not had a good keeper since Clemence. Why? To think of all the points we have lost to schoolboy errors by the keepers in say the last 15 years or so. Highly fustrating.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:12 am

A.B. wrote:Drop dead moron.

That's "drop dead gorgeous", moron!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nuhi » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:22 am

Kazza, Liverpool has two good keepers. Dudek and Kirkland are one of the best goalkeepers in England.
nuhi

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:34 am

nuhi wrote:Kazza, Liverpool has two good keepers. Dudek and Kirkland are one of the best goalkeepers in England.

I'm not so sure. Dudek is not Polands' number one, and Kirkland is not Englands' number one. Liverpool need a world class keeper (and that means he must be his countrys' first choice).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:40 am

kazza wrote:
nuhi wrote:Kazza, Liverpool has two good keepers. Dudek and Kirkland are one of the best goalkeepers in England.

I'm not so sure. Dudek is not Polands' number one, and Kirkland is not Englands' number one. Liverpool need a world class keeper (and that means he must be his countrys' first choice).

Not sure your definition of 'world class' works. What about carlo cudicini? He's not Italy's no 1...
ssss

Postby polygemus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:26 am

Italy seems to have a plethora of good GKs in this era. Toldo, Buffon, Cudicini.
polygemus

Postby nuhi » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:05 pm

Dudek is absolutely Poland's no 1.

We have Artur Boruc from Legia Warsaw also, but he is younger than Dudek and Dudek has got more experience than Boruc. In future Boruc will be no 1 in Poland, he is really good keeper. Middlesbrough is supposedly interested in Boruc. Do you know him? Do you know any other Polish footballers? :) It is interesting for me ...

(Kirkland will be England's no 1 in future. He is promising player)
nuhi

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:16 am

All keepers make mistakes.....remember Kenny scorin past Clem at Hampden, then comin down to shake his hand at the start of the next season? Jerzy is the best keeper at Anfield, but that may just be because of Kirkland's injuries. I hope this week of 'rest and recuperation' see him get over it, but if not then get the op out the way to let the guy get fit ASAP. Kirkland's barely played for a few years now, and whilst he aint gotta do the runnin, his concentration and reactions can't have been helped sat on the bench, or the docs couch,  for so long.

Thinkin of that goal at Hampden, aint it amazin, when it happens in your favour its hilarious, but when Jerzy did it against Manure it was the start of his worst public appreciation since he came here!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:27 am

kazza wrote:
A.B. wrote:Drop dead moron.

That's "drop dead gorgeous", moron!

'Bomb Head Moran', left back, sponge man and boot room original !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:50 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:All keepers make mistakes.....remember Kenny scorin past Clem at Hampden, then comin down to shake his hand at the start of the next season? Jerzy is the best keeper at Anfield, but that may just be because of Kirkland's injuries. I hope this week of 'rest and recuperation' see him get over it, but if not then get the op out the way to let the guy get fit ASAP. Kirkland's barely played for a few years now, and whilst he aint gotta do the runnin, his concentration and reactions can't have been helped sat on the bench, or the docs couch,  for so long.

Thinkin of that goal at Hampden, aint it amazin, when it happens in your favour its hilarious, but when Jerzy did it against Manure it was the start of his worst public appreciation since he came here!!

That's true, but the fans are not happy when they do. I think Dudek is as good as he can be, and I think Kirkland has the physical tools (ie a big frame and he is athletic) and will improve. I think Kirkland's problem is in the mental side of the game, and that can be fixed with good coaching. I think we need an older established keeper, and Kirkland should be his understudy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:32 pm

I don't think you can blame Dudek for the goad against Pompey.  He was in the correct position for the cross, that became a shot because the guy spooned it.  He did well to stop it going in and was unlucky that it landed on their strikers head.  If it had fell to A liverpool defender we would all be saying what a great game he had... Unlucky Jerzy!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion