Don't forget le tellec. - He may make a player.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:17 am

'Just occured to me as I was in danger of getting swept up in the tidal wave of Diaramania that Le Tellec is still poncing around in the land of the garlic. Now I've never been shy of criticising the Houllier era and the car-boot sale of talent he's left behind, but I always thought Le Tellec, if polished might turn into a footballer. 'Bit of perspective here, we're not talking Rooney or the precociously talented Fabregas, but a decent, versatile first team squad member. What did the members of the Anfield frequent visitors club think of him? Was he adored or abhored on the kop?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:21 am

I can't make my mind up about Le Tallec, I think it's cos he hasn't been in the team enough to play, ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:42 am

I saw flashes of brilliance, and he was superb in the air for a young lad, he needs to bulk up a  bit, and play some regular football at the top level.

I think we will take him back.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:16 am

Doesn't seem a bad player, has talent
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrunner » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:18 am

Surely he's in the mire with the rest of the hopefuls trying to break into the first team.
Redrunner

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:56 am

Touch, passing and vision.

Can play a through ball aswell.

Needs to become alot more powerfull but he certainly has masses of potential. I think he could become a superb player long term.
115-1073096938

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:05 pm

loan out as many as possible players, we'll reap the results :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:24 pm

i would like him to have a chance with pongolle upfront, at youth level they were the best in the world
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:29 pm

my views on anthony le tallec:

Strengths: Vision in abundance and, rare for that kind of deep-lying striker, also exceptional in the air. Can score goals and create them. Not afraid to tackle either.

Weaknesses: Inexperience (of course), and still finding his feet in both first-team football, and football in this country. Sent back to France on loan to get some first team football.

Verdict: Excelled in the reserves playing off the main striker - the role we bought him for (but a role which GH never seemed to favour). He needs to come to terms with the pace of the game over here, but there have been some very encouraging signs, even if only in fleeting glimpes for the first team. No lesser man that Zidane said recently that Le Tallec will do well at a club like Liverpool. While it may still be a year or two too soon to see ALT excel, he could still be the surprise package of next season, depending on the formation Benitez opts for. Once it clicks into place, he will soar. As Arsene Wenger (who was livid at missing out on him) said of David Bentley but which applies equally to ALT and FSP, players of this age present a dilemma:

"We have a big squad of young players. The biggest difficulty I have is when you have to manage them between 19 and 22. Do you get him out on loan or put him in the squad? Do you put him in the first team straight away? It is very difficult. I would like to get him some experience. He is a great talent and he needs to play now.”
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:42 pm

Le tallac im sure will become a very good player for us. Not many come through at a very early age and excell. If they have done most have short careers, Owen, Fowler and sharpe spring to mind world beaters at an early age and them finished.
If rafa gives him a chance and we put him on a weight training program then we will see a great player actually bought by houllier. Rafa will definately use the one up one behind formation when he gets his own personnel.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:49 pm

Owen's finished is he Ant?

LMAO :laugh:

Fool.

Anyone who writes Owen off doesn't have a clue about football. Simple as that!!
115-1073096938

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:54 pm

Owen his over-rated he admits to having lost a yard of pace, no left foot a one trick pony that cant play in different styles the team has to be built for him long ball over the top and then owen might get on to it. Great younger player but from now on he isnt going to be half as prolific as he once was. Stu the blue i know a hell of alot about football. Recall you saying houllier wasnt at fault for liverpools form and he should be given more time. Thank ****** you dont own LFC.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:05 pm

ant gornall wrote:Owen his over-rated he admits to having lost a yard of pace, no left foot a one trick pony that cant play in different styles the team has to be built for him long ball over the top and then owen might get on to it. Great younger player but from now on he isnt going to be half as prolific as he once was. Stu the blue i know a hell of alot about football. Recall you saying houllier wasnt at fault for liverpools form and he should be given more time. Thank ****** you dont own LFC.

Ant Gornall come on just say it :D  :D
Ant Gornall :D  :D
82-1074641017

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:07 pm

ant gornall :D  :D

im cryin :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:10 pm

ant gornall :D
82-1074641017

Next