Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby scoby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:08 am

EVETON COMES DOWN TO STABILITY THEY BACK THEIR MANAGER EVEN THROUGH THE BAD TIMES AND HE GOT IT RIGHT AND AS FOR VILLA THEY JUST NEEDED THE RIGHT MANGER TO SORT THEM OUT.

I AGREE WE SHOULD HAVE MORE POINTS THAN WE HAVE AT PRESENT BUT GIVING ALL THE OFF FEILD PROBLEMS WHAT DO YA EXPECT.

IF U WERE IN A JOB WHERE UR BOSSES WERE CRITISING YOU AND LOOKING TO REPLACE YOU WHEN UR DOING WELL HOW WUD YOU REACT

ALSO EVERTON AND VILLA WERE LOOKING TO MAKE UP GROUND ON THE LIKES OF SPURS TO PLAY EUROPEAN FOOTBALL OF ANY KIND NOT EXACTLY THE HARDEST OF GAPS TO CLOSE BUT HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR OUR OWNERS THINGS WOULD BE ALOT DIFFERENT

JUST LOOK AT OUR RESULTS BEFORE HICKS DECIDED TO GO MOUTHING OFF
Last edited by scoby on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoby

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:13 am

Unbeaten in the leauge before december decided to kick in !!!!

And wat a december it turned out to be ...
holylamb2006

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:17 am

scoby wrote:EVETON COMES DOWN TO STABILITY THEY BACK THEIR MANAGER EVEN THROUGH THE BAD TIMES AND HE GOT IT RIGHT AND AS FOR VILLA THEY JUST NEEDED THE RIGHT MANGER TO SORT THEM OUT.

I AGREE WE SHOULD HAVE MORE POINTS THAN WE HAVE AT PRESENT BUT GIVING ALL THE OFF FEILD PROBLEMS WHAT DO YA EXPECT.

IF U WERE IN A JOB WHERE UR BOSSES WERE CRITISING YOU AND LOOKING TO REPLACE YOU WHEN UR DOING WELL HOW WUD YOU REACT

ALSO EVERTON AND VILLA WERE LOOKING TO MAKE UP GROUND ON THE LIKES OF SPURS TO PLAY EUROPEAN FOOTBALL OF ANY KIND NOT EXACTLY THE HARDEST OF GAPS TO CLOSE BUT HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR OUR OWNERS THINGS WOULD BE ALOT DIFFERENT

Asking for people to be carded isnt against the rules of this forum however posting in capitals is.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:17 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Well if it's down to finance which you people would lead me to believe, how come Everton are above us.

They still haven't won anything though  :D
LFC2007

Postby scoby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:27 am

Sorry about the capitals in the posts it has been a while since i posted and forgot bout it not been allowed
scoby

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:36 am

scoby wrote:Sorry about the capitals in the posts it has been a while since i posted and forgot bout it not been allowed

WELL, NOW YOU KNOW.
LFC2007

Postby RedBlood » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:56 am

rafa is a legend in my eyes he gave me the best moment in my liverpool football club supporting career and has improved the squad alot since he took over, he should be given time and paitence and all you fickle supporters should fuc.k off
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:01 am

ah well my best moments were watching  european cups and league titles coming through the doors on a regaular basis so i can not say that my feelings are the same, paisley gave me my best moments as a red and benitez has to go some way to match that.

this is possibly the difference, the older ones of us have a different mindset, we have seen better so are not drawn into the 'rafa is god' mentality when in all reality he is not fit to lace the boots of shankly, paisley, fagan or even dalglish until he brings the title to anfield, sadly i think this will never happen
112-1077774096

Postby RedBlood » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:38 am

sadly loool

the reality is your stuck in them times, when you were young and had hair your girl wasnt fat etc

you cant win all the time and that is when true supporters should step up and support their team not glory hunters still wan.king over the past

football has changed now money talks thats why manu n chelsea have won the league the last 3seasons

all paisely and kenny had to do was carry on where shankly left off

none of them took over the club in the state rfa inherrited it

i aint saying hes better or worse im just saying he should have our support because after all thats what we are supporters, deal with it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:45 am

ah thats all they had to so is it, carry on where shankly left off, yeah it sounds so simple    :D

you question my support then write off the achievements of two of our greatest managers, so you are saying paisley only succeeded because of shankly before him

:laugh:

seriously mate i would give up on that argument if i was you

:laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby RedBlood » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:46 am

not writting them off just saying its unfair to compare them too rafa
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:08 am

RedBlood wrote:all paisely and kenny had to do was carry on where shankly left off

Don't be daft mate, don't be daft. All Paisley had to do was take over from Shankly? I know it was a while ago now but there is plenty of information on these things which is readily available. Dalglish built the team which had John Barnes, Peter Beardsley and John Aldridge ripping defences up for erse paper and won the double.

By all means disagree with Peewee (although the abuse is uncalled for), but making statements lkike the one I've highlighted make it difficult to take your other points seriously. I've said this before, people are entitled to support the manager to the hilt and more power to their elbow for doing it. Please though, lets be serious here, to compare Rafa in any way shape or form whatsoever to some of the Liverpool managers of the past is at this stage ridiculous. We are comparing a bloke who has never in four seasons got us to mount any sort of title challenge whatsoever, with managers who filled up the trophy cabinet annually and won league title after league title.

Let's be serious eh?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:33 pm

RedBlood wrote:rafa is a legend in my eyes he gave me the best moment in my liverpool football club supporting career and has improved the squad alot since he took over, he should be given time and paitence and all you fickle supporters should fuc.k off

I hate the thought of being called fickle.

The whole basis of this thread is a discussion based on whether or not Rafa can take us to the next level. We have all recognised that Rafa has done great things for Liverpool FC. We are also worried that having built a great squad, he is now struggling to get the best out of them and is too often making questionable decisions that just dont make sense at all.

I dont think there are many people who have responded just because of one or two games. We have been on a terrible run of late and the situation we are in can no longer be labelled as a blip.  If Rafa was to show signs that he has actually learned from his mistakes and begins to get the football club playing like i know we can then i would be 100% behind Rafa.  Unfortunatley though, things just dont look good at the moment and as a supporter of Liverpool FC (not Rafa Benitez) we have to question Rafas position as manager.
mattylfc

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:16 pm

RedBlood wrote:all paisely and kenny had to do was carry on where shankly left off

what about Joe Fagan, didn't he exist or didn't he have the same players as Dalglish.

I don't like slagging fellow fans off, but you're a joke.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:

what about Joe Fagan, didn't he exist or didn't he have the same players as Dalglish.

I don't like slagging fellow fans off, but you're a joke.

your the joke son

all im saying is rafa didnt take over a team at the top like they did so its unfair to compare what they have a achieved and what he has

they might have built new teams but they did it from a much better starting poisition then paisley fagan and dalglish
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion