Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:38 pm

What the hell is the matter with this forum Rafa go and Rafa stay! we as supporters have absolutely no say in such matters all we have is views, but the arguments between forum members are hitting an all time high sort it out Lads and Ladies :(
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:in my opinion because rafa has spent poorly in the transfer market over the past 4 years we know would need 60 million to spend in order to potentially challenge next season

we need a top left back......10 million at least

we need top right winger and left winger (because gerrard is too big headed to play right side) = for two top class wingers 30 million between the two

we need a top class support striker type - aimar would do 5 million

and we need a top class striker to partner torres and give us more goal threat = 15 million for him at least

60 million to spend? cant see it

o yeah and mascherano....18 million

so that is nearly 80 million

£10m for Sissoko, £12m for Crouch, £10m for Carson.

Then there's Riise, Kuyt and any others we may sell.

So that's touching £40m before we even start.

Sounds like dream land to me, if we can even sell them.
Way more than these players will sell for unless we decide to sell someone like alonso or lucas.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:02 pm

mistyred wrote:What the hell is the matter with this forum Rafa go and Rafa stay! we as supporters have absolutely no say in such matters all we have is views, but the arguments between forum members are hitting an all time high sort it out Lads and Ladies :(

fans have the biggest say in the matter, once the fans turn on a manager, the manager is sacked as soon as possible.

I've personally had enough of both Benitez and the Yanks and would like to see both parties removed from Liverpool Football Club instantly.

Alls I hear is Benitez is a tactical genius, well explain to me why a genius pays 10 million for a forward who can't score in a brothel never mind a football match, and then instead of playing Crouch, who like him or not, scores goals, continues to pick this curly haired dutch cu.nt who does nothing but run. He may work hard, but so does Robbie Savage and Derby didn't need to spend 10 million for Savage, and when I see Kuyt, he plays in the same position as Savage because he certainly doesn't play up front. Again why would a genius pick an unfit Harry Kewell to play in two major cup finals, Benitez got away with both those decisions because we won both finals but genius' don't make errors of that scale, TWICE. Why would a genius make 40 odd signings in 3 and a half years and only have 6 or 7 come off. Why would a genius persist with Fabio Aurellio, who clearly isn't good enough for our reserves never mind a starting place, and fianlly why is it Man City this season have played 5 or 6 players from the youth cup side we beat 3 years ago, Hart, Onnuha, Richards, Etuhu, Sturridge and Johnson, where's our youth players. We beat City so if there players are good enough, surely ours are, and the excuse of our starting 11 is better than City's is sh!t, because unless you hadn't noticed, City are above us. So something isn't right. I'm sure Robbie Threlfall (on loan at hereford, surprise surprise) is better than Aurellio. Spearing can't of done worse than Sissoko in the centre of the park. Anderson, Hammill or Putterill can all do what Kewell does, which by the way is nothing. Stephen Darby could of made the mistake Finnan did in the FA Cup, so why aren't these lads given a go?
Easy, because Benitez doesn't know a talented British kid when he sees 1. Let Carson and Kirkland go to bring in Intandje. Let Hobbs go out on loan just to bring in Skrtel who doesn't look any better than Hobbs and if Hobbs isn't good enough why buy him in the first place. The rest of the lads who've gone out on loan to keep, Aurellio, Kewell, Voronin, Kuyt, Sissoko (although gone at last). It's a joke, Lucas and Babel are of a similar age and are given a go and when they came on against West Ham was when we started to attack. Torres, Agger and Reina, all pretty young and our other two best players are Scouse. See a pattern forming because I do, we need to play youth and local lads and we'd do a lot better. Look at United, people who've been there for years, Nevilla, Brown, Giggs, Scholes and youngsters in Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Evra, surprise surprise they're top of the league. Put a few of the young lads in because they can't do any worse than the sh!t we've cooked up this season.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Hebz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 pm

I believe Villa want to make Carson's move permanent at the end of the season anyway, Sissoko's gone and if we sell Crouch to someone like Man City or Newcastle then I think they'd pay that sort of money for him, after all he's an international, can score goals and has european experience.

We need to toughen up defence big time and its a shame that Torres has to do all of the work by himself, I believe that Kuyt can score goals but this belief is starting to dampen and I'm becoming impatiant

I believe that Rafa has what it takes to win the league, I just wish we'd see it sooner rather than later as if it happens too late, he'll be sacked.

These arguments on this forum aren't worth it, Liverpool is all about the strong support. We can't send off the wrong signal to people and show them that our support is weakening.

Remember, this is Liverpool Football Club, glory never comes easy - we've just got to stick at it! In the premier league when every team is becoming stronger, we've got to grow, we've got to get behind the players and show them that we still believe in them and the manager. I'll never give up on this team, never. and if that means we get relagated to the lower leagues so be it, but I don't see that happening.
Hebz

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:40 am

mart wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:in my opinion because rafa has spent poorly in the transfer market over the past 4 years we know would need 60 million to spend in order to potentially challenge next season

we need a top left back......10 million at least

we need top right winger and left winger (because gerrard is too big headed to play right side) = for two top class wingers 30 million between the two

we need a top class support striker type - aimar would do 5 million

and we need a top class striker to partner torres and give us more goal threat = 15 million for him at least

60 million to spend? cant see it

o yeah and mascherano....18 million

so that is nearly 80 million

£10m for Sissoko, £12m for Crouch, £10m for Carson.

Then there's Riise, Kuyt and any others we may sell.

So that's touching £40m before we even start.

Sounds like dream land to me, if we can even sell them.
Way more than these players will sell for unless we decide to sell someone like alonso or lucas.

Funny that - Sissoko's deal rises to £10m.

Carson's fee was agreed with Villa at the time of the loan deal - £10m.

If you think Crouch will go for less than £12m - good for you.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:13 am

all this talk of "world class" players and how much money we need. Look through history, every side's best and most loyal player(s) come through the youth side. We need a centre half apparently, we had 1 in Hobbs so lets waste 6 million on someone nobody knows, why have Hobbs then? 4th choice so we can sell him to Scunthorpe in 3 years time? Aurellio useless plain and simple, never thought I'd hear meself say this, but I want Traore back ahead of him, but still why do we need to waste money on left backs when we have a good up and coming kid in Threlfall, you won't know how good he is until he's given a go, and right now he'd be better than Aurellio
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby mattylfc » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:36 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
mattylfc wrote:A lot of people are already suggesting that it it is time for Benitez to make way and we have already had a thread dedicated to his defense.

What i want to know from those who back Rafa is what will change over the next couple of years to turn us into title contenders should we stick with Benitez.

I ask this because i am caught in two minds in a lot of areas at the moment and i want people to discuss the reasons behind Rafas support. I am not talking about what he has already done for us since arriving, we all know he has been great for us and brought us silverware. I dont want to see pictures or stats either.

I want to talk purely about the future of the club and I want to know how Benitez will go about turning this horrible state around should he still be in charge come the summer under the same owners who suggest they are here to stay.

Well if he does manage to stay here, he should....

1)get rid of most of the average players-Voronin, Kuyt, Kewell, Aurelio....

2)Get quality FB,RW,CF

3)Get an assistant

4)Improve the coaching staff

5)Improve his tactics (be more attack minded in the league)

6)Get rid of the goatee

I think that all of your points are spot on there mate.

My main concern though is the fact that everything just seems to have gone too far. What i mean by that is that we can all talk about bringing players in and making changes to the staff behind the scenes but have the current players still got the same desire and hunger to play for Benitez and is he getting the best out of his players.

Too many games now i have seen players look like they dont have enough heart, passion and belief. People can say that they get paid x amount of money and they are wearing a liverpool shirt but people need to recognise that the manger is the one responsible for getting the best out of his players.

Player for player, we are better than most teams in the premiership, no one would argue with that. But why do we approach games so negatively at times. Why do we play Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch in wide positions at times. Why do we leave our top goal scorer from last season on the bench when we are chasing a goal and Kuyt and Torres are both playing poorly. I could go on and on but ultimately what i am trying to say is that we can all blame factors going on behind the scenes but at the end of the day we can still field a quality 11 week in week out at the moment and if Benitez is still struggling to get the best out of them to this day then there must surely be a bigger problem than some like to admit.

We have played some terrible football lately and more often than not we have either gone a goal down before we start banging on the oppositions door or it is the last half an hour of the game and we suddenly think, lets have a go at them.

Regardless of how good a manger Benitez is, i just wonder if he can come back from this and if for once and all learn from his mistakes. We all know how stubborn Rafa can be. More often than not it works to his advantage but i just fear that he still struggles to learn from his mistakes and is reluctant to go against his own beliefs.   Unless this changes by the  end of the season, unfortunately Rafa wont have a chance in keeping his job IMO.
mattylfc

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:35 am

Im sure alot of mancs were askin the same things afta 4 yrs with rednose

People r sayin that the off field events r givin benitez breathin space but its all that :censored: thats caused all this...& if u say bollock then look at the way we were goin be4 all this happened yeh we werent perfect but were right  up there

players like lucas babel mascherano agger insua pachecho bruna eccelson amoo ardjarevic pourie hobbs torres anderson tell me that were in good hands with rafa & hes not in it 4 the quick fix

:blues:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:42 am

RedBlood wrote:Im sure alot of mancs were askin the same things afta 4 yrs with rednose

People r sayin that the off field events r givin benitez breathin space but its all that :censored: thats caused all this...& if u say bollock then look at the way we were goin be4 all this happened yeh we werent perfect but were right  up there

players like lucas babel mascherano agger insua pachecho bruna eccelson amoo ardjarevic pourie hobbs torres anderson tell me that were in good hands with rafa & hes not in it 4 the quick fix

before the arrival of tom and jerry oops i mean tom and george, we were 37 points behind the leadrs and closer the bottom of the table than the top, where exactly were we right up there?
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby DAV » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:09 pm

We pay to watch Liverpool. RB gets paid and has the best seat in the house. He as all managers do, know the consequences of being seen as a failure. The Sack. They walk away with millions and move on to another club. So poor old RAFA i say poor old us.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:11 pm

i was on about this season tithead
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:15 pm

u know when he actually got anywhere near the money sir alex & mourinho do every summer
even then he had 2 recoup half of it

its like what do people expect on here utd were a title winnin side & then added 80 million of talent 2 it chelsea did what chelsea have done ova the last 4 yrs even wenger people sounk ova his talent spottin skills its easy 2 spot a talent when ur aloud 2 spend 10-15 mill on them

yet people get on rafas back coz we aint above any of them ion the league

get a reality checks folks changing the manager will do nothin but set us back again

RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

set us back, what do you think RB is doin
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1201968032 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:46 pm

RedBlood wrote:u know when he actually got anywhere near the money sir alex & mourinho do every summer

its like what do people expect on here utd were a title winnin side & then added 80 million of talent 2 it chelsea did what chelsea have done ova the last 4 yrs even wenger people sounk ova his talent spottin skills its easy 2 spot a talent when ur aloud 2 spend 10-15 mill on them

get a reality checks folks changing the manager will do nothin but set us back again

I can't remember Wenger spending a great deal of money on any of his kids. Wiltord, Reyes and Eduardo, are 3 of the biggest money buys he's made. All of who were over the age of 22 when bought, hardly 15 million on kids.

what do you think Benitez is doing but setting us back?
Last edited by 109-1201968032 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
109-1201968032

Postby Kukilon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:59 pm

me_and_fowler_L8 wrote:
RedBlood wrote:u know when he actually got anywhere near the money sir alex & mourinho do every summer

I can't remember Wenger spending a great deal of money on any of his kids. Wiltord, Reyes and Eduardo, are 3 of the biggest money buys he's made. All of who were over the age of 22 when bought, hardly 15 million on kids.

what do you think Benitez is doing but setting us back?

Buying Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Benayoun, Reina and Agger is that what you call setting us back? He has had to do this while recouping most money by selling :censored: players for quite a lot.

Winning us the CL and reaching another final. Throwing in the FA Cup as a bonus.

Hardly bad if you ask me. How much time did SCUM give old Red Nose?
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion