Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mattylfc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:56 am

A lot of people are already suggesting that it it is time for Benitez to make way and we have already had a thread dedicated to his defense.

What i want to know from those who back Rafa is what will change over the next couple of years to turn us into title contenders should we stick with Benitez.

I ask this because i am caught in two minds in a lot of areas at the moment and i want people to discuss the reasons behind Rafas support. I am not talking about what he has already done for us since arriving, we all know he has been great for us and brought us silverware. I dont want to see pictures or stats either.

I want to talk purely about the future of the club and I want to know how Benitez will go about turning this horrible state around should he still be in charge come the summer under the same owners who suggest they are here to stay.
mattylfc

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am

mattylfc wrote:A lot of people are already suggesting that it it is time for Benitez to make way and we have already had a thread dedicated to his defense.

What i want to know from those who back Rafa is what will change over the next couple of years to turn us into title contenders should we stick with Benitez.

I ask this because i am caught in two minds in a lot of areas at the moment and i want people to discuss the reasons behind Rafas support. I am not talking about what he has already done for us since arriving, we all know he has been great for us and brought us silverware. I dont want to see pictures or stats either.

I want to talk purely about the future of the club and I want to know how Benitez will go about turning this horrible state around should he still be in charge come the summer under the same owners who suggest they are here to stay.

Well if he does manage to stay here, he should....

1)get rid of most of the average players-Voronin, Kuyt, Kewell, Aurelio....

2)Get quality FB,RW,CF

3)Get an assistant

4)Improve the coaching staff

5)Improve his tactics (be more attack minded in the league)

6)Get rid of the goatee
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:45 am

Heres the thing, if it wasn't for the current hatred of the owners, Benitez would be getting a hell of a lot more flak going on current results and performances than he is atm . Now it may well be that it is the current internal wranglings of the club that is causing this whole mess in the first place, but the financing deal is done, the Yanks are here for the forseeable future and performances are getting worse. I dont think we had a shot on target last night for about 60mins. Torres is trying to do everything himself, probably because hes caught on to the fact that Gerrard apart, attacking options in this side are mediocre at best. Kewell and Kuyt were again anonymous, Crouch doesnt even get a chance. Xabi Alonso is also far from his best and while he may be a more creative player than Mascherano, he isn't showing it at the moment.

Defending the manager is getting tougher by the game for me, bad performances and poor results will always fall at his feet regardless of any other factors. We give him credit for planning and winning the CL, and masterminding a miracle comeback in the final, so surely he must take a large portion of the blame when things go to hell, like they're doing at the moment. Do I still want him to stay? Probably yes, since he arrived the club has improved greatly, we have become a major European force again but sadly not a domestic one. I think there will have to be alot of work done though. Getting an assistant for one
burjennio

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:50 am

FFS read the topic starters post, he wants to know what, those who support Rafa, believe will happen over the next 2 years, why he should stay without looking back.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:58 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
mattylfc wrote:A lot of people are already suggesting that it it is time for Benitez to make way and we have already had a thread dedicated to his defense.

2)Get quality FB,RW,CF

3)Get an assistant

6)Get rid of the goatee

1. The players we call average are not considered average by Rafa.  He signed this players and still plays these players.

2.  We have need quality dynamic FB's, a RW and CF for ages.  Rafa signed pennant, Aurelio, Kuyt, crouch and vorinin.  He signed the wrong players and I have no faith he would sign the correct players.  Not to mention he thinks kewell is a good player.

3. Why would he get an assistant when he hasnt got one already.  Its been months since Paco left.

4. He must be happy with his staff.

5.  Rafa doesnt like to attack. Whether it be valencia or liverpool he has never changed his ways and never will.

Nothing will change under Rafa!!
puroresu

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:11 pm

after last seasons league campaign these questions were asked

nothing has changed this season despite rafa bringing in 50 million worth of talent

we actually look worse this season that in all of rafas reign (funny because after 4 years you would have thought he would have HIS team now firmly in place) yet we are still uselss

why would you think it will change next season?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:37 pm

puroresu wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

2)Get quality FB,RW,CF

3)Get an assistant

6)Get rid of the goatee

1. The players we call average are not considered average by Rafa.  He signed this players and still plays these players.

2.  We have need quality dynamic FB's, a RW and CF for ages.  Rafa signed pennant, Aurelio, Kuyt, crouch and vorinin.  He signed the wrong players and I have no faith he would sign the correct players.  Not to mention he thinks kewell is a good player.

3. Why would he get an assistant when he hasnt got one already.  Its been months since Paco left.

4. He must be happy with his staff.

5.  Rafa doesnt like to attack. Whether it be valencia or liverpool he has never changed his ways and never will.

Nothing will change under Rafa!!

Mate, you've made your point about Rafa in the other threads. Whether I agree with you or not is a moot point. This thread is not about what's wrong with Rafa but what should be done by him should he stay.

Don't spoil the thread. If you don't believe in him anymore, then fine.... post about it in the other thread. Leave this one well alone.... Or address the questions raised by the original poster.....

2p worth.....
ConnO'var

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 pm

Brilliant post from Blert on RAWK:

Not sure if I've lost a bit of faith in everything Liverpool FC at the moment. From the ownership right down to the so called, and seemingly incorrect, best supporters in the land.

Rafa: I must admit that a year ago I was confident that we would make a decent challenge for the title this season. In fact up until the last few weeks I was still convincing myself that things could still turn out decent enough. Maybe not realistically winning it, but be able to get into a position where we could take advantage of the teams above us slipping.

The last few performances have been insipid. I dont mean just by the players either. We're in a position where we need to string some wins together and we play like its a first leg Euro away. Both at home and away!

The team now is Rafas. It may not be the exact one he wanted, but he has the option of picking the players he bought for the position he wants. At the moment I think he's totally fu.ckin confused with what he wants to do with anyone. Forget the rotation thing - put players in the position you want them in and keep them there - even if you rotate them, bring them back into a position they know they're expected to play in.

The midfield is as fu.cked up as anywhere else. Rafa admitted last season he preferred Gerrard on the right. Well here's one for you Rafa - if you prefer him there then fu.cking well stick him out there and if he doesnt like it he can ask for a transfer. Keeping Sg in the centre when he is better than Yossi and pennant on the right is criminal, and fu.cks the centre of Xabi and Masch about as well, and Lucas. Gerrard in the middle now means Xabi or Masch having to miss a game every second week to accomodate each other. I'm sorry but we cant afford 17 mill and 10 mill players to be sitting on the bench because you seem to have lost the :censored: to tell SG thats where he's going. Left midfield is a joke as well, although I was really hoping HK would be back and at least look keen.

Yossi, Babel, Kewell, Aurellio, Riise have all played on the left this season. Here's a clue. IF you bought Babel for the left then play him there even if its coming on as a sub. If you bought him for the right play him there when he starts or comes on. Or if you bought him to support Torres play him there. The lads finding it hard enough adappting without having to play a new position everytime he gets his 20 mins. I know you like the team to be adaptable, but fu.ck me a 20 year old in a new league not having a clue what his position is is a bit fu.cking sill.

Get hold of Carra and tell him if you see him hoofing the ball up the park NEEDLESSLY anymore then your gonna fu.ckin drop him. In both senses. Sami does it, but far less when its not needed. As for the full backs tell them to actually bust a gut getting forward and back. Only Arbeloa seems to actually WANT to get forward. The other 3 seem to think that jogging into a position and waiting there is enough. Its fu.cking not!! Coasting into a forward position is not enough - show some fu.cking desire, self belief and determination to make it worthwhile you going over the halfway line. I watched Malbranque last nigh after his overhead kick bust a fu.cking gut to get back. I can honestly say I havent sen one of our lot put that amount of effort in, head down sprinting, looking fu.cked for a few seconds,to get back and involved again. Thats YOUR job to demand that level Rafa. And if they wont deliver it then get fu.ckin rid to the reserves and get someone in. Tell the young lads that if they put the effort in they may have a chance of stepping up.

Torres is doing OK with very poor service - but lets not make him take the whole load. Someone was on saying he needs to step up to the plate. He has stepped up. But fu.ck me, its a hard slog doing it week in week out when your playing by yourself. the other 3 forwards need to sort their act out. It might be an idea to actually give Crouch an opportunity to do so. For all Kuyts work rate, which IS fantastic, its not enough to take the burden off Torres' shoulders. He cant score worth a fu.ck at the moment - have a word and tell him that your gonna give crouchie a go, and give him a run out in the reserves till he gets his sh.it together. Oh, and when he does play again, put him further up front alongside Torres where at least he has a chance of  bumping into a barn door.

Give them some direction.

IMO all of the above is your responsibility to sort out. We know there's loads of sh.it going on, but for the sake of the club you need to get your :censored: together and sort our playing side out. Fu.ck the rest of it, what will be will be.

The players: As a whole you need to sort your own sh.it out. You might not like Rafa. You might not like his tactics. You might be pretty fu.ckin confused as to what you're meant to do, or if/where you'll be playing and who you'll be playing alongside. BUT individually you are better than 90% of the equivalent player in opposition teams. Yet individually you are being outperformed every week. Rafas tactics might not be helping you, but for fu.cks sake youse ALL need to take a good look at yourself and ask "have I given 100% to this club lately". I dont care if you'd like to see the back of Rafa or not (which some of you look like you would). You're here to PLAY FOR US. We pay your wages, we spend our time defending you, we give an emotional input to each one of you that just for once it would be nice to see reflected back before you draw those fu.cking wages. At the moment you're not fulfilling your part of the deal that we expect when you play for Liverpool. Thats ever single one of you. Get angry, get nasty, get in peoples faces. I dont give a flying one what anyone thinks of us.

Oh, and if you could try and look like you actually enjoy playing the game, playing for us, playing with each other that would be appreciated too.

Get some fu.cking backbone and self pride.

The Owners: You've behaved like bellends since you conned us all earlier on. You've been seen for what you are now and the fans have spoken. DIC may not be the knights in shining armour that a lot of people think they might be, but even if they maintain the debt you have put on us, they surely won't be as fu.cking stupid as youse two. Do the decent thing and fu.ck off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 pm

very good post
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Ciggy wrote:Brilliant post from Blert on RAWK:

Not sure if I've lost a bit of faith in everything Liverpool FC at the moment. From the ownership right down to the so called, and seemingly incorrect, best supporters in the land.

Rafa: I must admit that a year ago I was confident that we would make a decent challenge for the title this season. In fact up until the last few weeks I was still convincing myself that things could still turn out decent enough. Maybe not realistically winning it, but be able to get into a position where we could take advantage of the teams above us slipping.

The last few performances have been insipid. I dont mean just by the players either. We're in a position where we need to string some wins together and we play like its a first leg Euro away. Both at home and away!

The team now is Rafas. It may not be the exact one he wanted, but he has the option of picking the players he bought for the position he wants. At the moment I think he's totally fu.ckin confused with what he wants to do with anyone. Forget the rotation thing - put players in the position you want them in and keep them there - even if you rotate them, bring them back into a position they know they're expected to play in.

The midfield is as fu.cked up as anywhere else. Rafa admitted last season he preferred Gerrard on the right. Well here's one for you Rafa - if you prefer him there then fu.cking well stick him out there and if he doesnt like it he can ask for a transfer. Keeping Sg in the centre when he is better than Yossi and pennant on the right is criminal, and fu.cks the centre of Xabi and Masch about as well, and Lucas. Gerrard in the middle now means Xabi or Masch having to miss a game every second week to accomodate each other. I'm sorry but we cant afford 17 mill and 10 mill players to be sitting on the bench because you seem to have lost the :censored: to tell SG thats where he's going. Left midfield is a joke as well, although I was really hoping HK would be back and at least look keen.

Yossi, Babel, Kewell, Aurellio, Riise have all played on the left this season. Here's a clue. IF you bought Babel for the left then play him there even if its coming on as a sub. If you bought him for the right play him there when he starts or comes on. Or if you bought him to support Torres play him there. The lads finding it hard enough adappting without having to play a new position everytime he gets his 20 mins. I know you like the team to be adaptable, but fu.ck me a 20 year old in a new league not having a clue what his position is is a bit fu.cking sill.

Get hold of Carra and tell him if you see him hoofing the ball up the park NEEDLESSLY anymore then your gonna fu.ckin drop him. In both senses. Sami does it, but far less when its not needed. As for the full backs tell them to actually bust a gut getting forward and back. Only Arbeloa seems to actually WANT to get forward. The other 3 seem to think that jogging into a position and waiting there is enough. Its fu.cking not!! Coasting into a forward position is not enough - show some fu.cking desire, self belief and determination to make it worthwhile you going over the halfway line. I watched Malbranque last nigh after his overhead kick bust a fu.cking gut to get back. I can honestly say I havent sen one of our lot put that amount of effort in, head down sprinting, looking fu.cked for a few seconds,to get back and involved again. Thats YOUR job to demand that level Rafa. And if they wont deliver it then get fu.ckin rid to the reserves and get someone in. Tell the young lads that if they put the effort in they may have a chance of stepping up.

Torres is doing OK with very poor service - but lets not make him take the whole load. Someone was on saying he needs to step up to the plate. He has stepped up. But fu.ck me, its a hard slog doing it week in week out when your playing by yourself. the other 3 forwards need to sort their act out. It might be an idea to actually give Crouch an opportunity to do so. For all Kuyts work rate, which IS fantastic, its not enough to take the burden off Torres' shoulders. He cant score worth a fu.ck at the moment - have a word and tell him that your gonna give crouchie a go, and give him a run out in the reserves till he gets his sh.it together. Oh, and when he does play again, put him further up front alongside Torres where at least he has a chance of  bumping into a barn door.

IMO all of the above is your responsibility to sort out. We know there's loads of sh.it going on, but for the sake of the club you need to get your :censored: together and sort our playing side out. Fu.ck the rest of it, what will be will be.

The players: As a whole you need to sort your own sh.it out. You might not like Rafa. You might not like his tactics. You might be pretty fu.ckin confused as to what you're meant to do, or if/where you'll be playing and who you'll be playing alongside. BUT individually you are better than 90% of the equivalent player in opposition teams. Yet individually you are being outperformed every week. Rafas tactics might not be helping you, but for fu.cks sake youse ALL need to take a good look at yourself and ask "have I given 100% to this club lately". I dont care if you'd like to see the back of Rafa or not (which some of you look like you would). You're here to PLAY FOR US. We pay your wages, we spend our time defending you, we give an emotional input to each one of you that just for once it would be nice to see reflected back before you draw those fu.cking wages. At the moment you're not fulfilling your part of the deal that we expect when you play for Liverpool. Thats ever single one of you. Get angry, get nasty, get in peoples faces. I dont give a flying one what anyone thinks of us.

Oh, and if you could try and look like you actually enjoy playing the game, playing for us, playing with each other that would be appreciated too.

The Owners: You've behaved like bellends since you conned us all earlier on. You've been seen for what you are now and the fans have spoken. DIC may not be the knights in shining armour that a lot of people think they might be, but even if they maintain the debt you have put on us, they surely won't be as fu.cking stupid as youse two. Do the decent thing and fu.ck off.

Cracking post.  Especially the bit about Rafa  :bowdown
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:Brilliant post from Blert on RAWK:

Excellent - Its all true...

Love the bit aimed at the owners.. :buttrock

Problem is, even if Rafa did ever get to see this he would not change anything, he is too stubborn
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby DAV » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:51 pm

Be interesting after the sunderland game.
I no we are :censored: but i'm sure even we can beet them. After the game all the RB supporters will be on here saying how things have changed and how much better we are, and how the people against him are morons and should F off. Just the normal abuse we get for having an opinion.
Last edited by DAV on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:52 pm

DAV wrote:Be interesting after the sunderland game.
I no we are :censored: but i'm sure even we can beet them. After the game all the RB supporters will be on here saying how things have changed and how much better we are, and how the people against him are morans and should F off. Just the normal abuse we get for having an opinion.

exactly right
puroresu

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 pm

BRING IN BIG SAM - THAT'S WHO THESE DESERVE
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:47 pm

zarababe wrote:BRING IN BIG SAM - THAT'S WHO THESE DESERVE

Errr,  Zara, please explain.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain