Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:09 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:OK, seeing as this thread has been hijacked by the anti's, here goes nothing:

I believe that Rafa, given the time and resources, will do the following in the Summer:

1. Release/sell the players who are under-performing. (We've seen this in the past with Morientes, Cisse, Nunez, etc, etc) I.E. Riise, Kewell, Voronin, Crouch, and probably even Kuyt.

2. Buy a new, top striker with a genuine goal threat - someone like David Villa, who compliments Torres at International level.

3. Buy at least 1 more striker who can offer us something. Someone like Benni McCarthy, who is coming to the end of his career, but can still offer us a season or two of steady goals. A "Henrik Larrson", if you will.

4. I think Rafa will try and sign Alves, Joaquin, or another top-drawer wide player. Remember, the only reason we didn't sign someone of this standard before, is that the funds were not available. If they are now, I see no reason why Benitez wouldn't attempt to get them.

5. Aimar. We've been linked with him, and Rafa knows all about his game from his days at Valencia. Instantly, we'd have a much greater ability to unlock defences, and turn draws into wins, and losses into draws.

6. Ryan Babel. Within the next 2 seasons, I envisage that the little Dutchman will grow into his role on the left wing, and become one of the brightest stars in the Premiership. He's said himself that he's not yet up to playing regularly for 90 minutes, and that this is a bedding-in season.
Why should we doubt his and the gaffer's words?

7. I believe he'll finally sort out our troublesome leftback position with the acquisition of a genuine talent - someone such as Lahm.

I know there are those who will rubbish this post - there always will be braindead imbeciles.

But these are the things Rafa has tried to do in the past, only to be thwarted by the price-tags and politics. Why wouldn't he try again now, knowing we have the money?

I think thats what Rafa wants to do, however unless Abramovich suddenly dumps chelsea for Liverpool i doubt we have the spending power in terms of transfer fees and wages to do anything close to that. Even if we do i'm not so sure those players want to come here.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 pm

mart wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:OK, seeing as this thread has been hijacked by the anti's, here goes nothing:

I believe that Rafa, given the time and resources, will do the following in the Summer:

1. Release/sell the players who are under-performing. (We've seen this in the past with Morientes, Cisse, Nunez, etc, etc) I.E. Riise, Kewell, Voronin, Crouch, and probably even Kuyt.

2. Buy a new, top striker with a genuine goal threat - someone like David Villa, who compliments Torres at International level.

3. Buy at least 1 more striker who can offer us something. Someone like Benni McCarthy, who is coming to the end of his career, but can still offer us a season or two of steady goals. A "Henrik Larrson", if you will.

4. I think Rafa will try and sign Alves, Joaquin, or another top-drawer wide player. Remember, the only reason we didn't sign someone of this standard before, is that the funds were not available. If they are now, I see no reason why Benitez wouldn't attempt to get them.

5. Aimar. We've been linked with him, and Rafa knows all about his game from his days at Valencia. Instantly, we'd have a much greater ability to unlock defences, and turn draws into wins, and losses into draws.

6. Ryan Babel. Within the next 2 seasons, I envisage that the little Dutchman will grow into his role on the left wing, and become one of the brightest stars in the Premiership. He's said himself that he's not yet up to playing regularly for 90 minutes, and that this is a bedding-in season.
Why should we doubt his and the gaffer's words?

7. I believe he'll finally sort out our troublesome leftback position with the acquisition of a genuine talent - someone such as Lahm.

I know there are those who will rubbish this post - there always will be braindead imbeciles.

But these are the things Rafa has tried to do in the past, only to be thwarted by the price-tags and politics. Why wouldn't he try again now, knowing we have the money?

I think thats what Rafa wants to do, however unless Abramovich suddenly dumps chelsea for Liverpool i doubt we have the spending power in terms of transfer fees and wages to do anything close to that. Even if we do i'm not so sure those players want to come here.

Not specifically those players - just players of a similar ability.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:18 pm

in my opinion because rafa has spent poorly in the transfer market over the past 4 years we know would need 60 million to spend in order to potentially challenge next season

we need a top left back......10 million at least

we need top right winger and left winger (because gerrard is too big headed to play right side) = for two top class wingers 30 million between the two

we need a top class support striker type - aimar would do 5 million

and we need a top class striker to partner torres and give us more goal threat = 15 million for him at least

60 million to spend? cant see it

o yeah and mascherano....18 million

so that is nearly 80 million
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:22 pm

LittleHobo wrote:in my opinion because rafa has spent poorly in the transfer market over the past 4 years we know would need 60 million to spend in order to potentially challenge next season

we need top right winger and left winger (because gerrard is too big headed to play right side) = for two top class wingers 30 million between the two

and we need a top class striker to partner torres and give us more goal threat = 15 million for him at least

£10m for Sissoko, £12m for Crouch, £10m for Carson.

Then there's Riise, Kuyt and any others we may sell.

So that's touching £40m before we even start.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:26 pm

crouch 12 million?

dream land
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:in my opinion because rafa has spent poorly in the transfer market over the past 4 years we know would need 60 million to spend in order to potentially challenge next season

Plus we could make a profit by selling Alonso, Lucas can replace him and we can bring in some unknown 4th midfielder for cover(like Sissoko).
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:27 pm

LittleHobo wrote:crouch 12 million?

dream land

Really?

We'll see.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:27 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Plus we could make a profit by selling Alonso, Lucas can replace him and we can bring in some unknown 4th midfielder for cover(like Sissoko).

Don't be silly.

Why would Rafa sell his favourite player?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:27 pm

Thats the kind of money we need to spend if we want to be taken as serious title contenders?....its no use shoping at netto...when we should be shoping at Harrods. I dont think Rafa will be given that type of money by the yanks they will want to put their own guy in place before they let him loose with that kind of Dosh.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:38 pm

This thread is basically a god sent to self righteous fans. When they climb up their high horses, they can make unsubstantiable actions that will be carried out by Rafa. What a way to paint a rosy picture.. Honestly, I have no bone to grind with Rafa, what I want is progress for Liverpool. Before I continue to play this "game" of suggesting what Rafa will do, I honestly cannot see development now and in the near forseable future with him at the helm. Some fans believe when we improve other teams remain static. But the truth is painfully clear to see. We may take a step forward, Manu takes 3-4 steps. Similarily Arsenal takes 3-4 steps and some others are taking 2. So we are unfortunately getting behind while improving by virtue of this fact.

If Rafa remains he will buy Kaka. I mean he wants the best right..
He will also buys europe most promising and currently top 5 strikers. Heck, we will recruit South America's, Africa top midfielders, strikers and defenders and have them camp around the grounds coz we have such a huge squad. Rafa like big squad..  Then he will experiment to see how badly they play out of position, confuse them by changing the squad every game. Force everyone to take up weightlifting to strengthen legs, hands and body. Make sure no players have any ounce of dexterity left.

If Rafa could have his way, he will want to take over ownership. He has no problem kicking away anyone that dares block his way and his ambitions.. Just ask Pako

This is just me Rant.. I dun have to hate Rafa to ask for change. For those jokers who thinks everyone has to hate something to change it, should go get some counselling.
Thinkpad

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Don't be silly.

Ask yourself why he brought in Lucas.  I think it would be great business if we could get 18-20 mill pounds for him.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:42 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Don't be silly.

Ask yourself why he brought in Lucas.  I think it would be great business if we could get 18-20 mill pounds for him.

If we were to compare the players, Lucas is very much in the Gerrard mould.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Don't be silly.

I'd hate to see it happen, but to compete we have to do what Arsenal did and that is sell players for profit.  And I doubt that Gerrard is going to be sold and if we keep Masch, I think that Alonso will be sold because he's a luxury we cannot afford.  And also Lucas has got to have more playing time next year, otherwise Real Madrid or some other big club will steal him from us.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:16 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Don't be silly.

I'd hate to see it happen, but to compete we have to do what Arsenal did and that is sell players for profit.  And I doubt that Gerrard is going to be sold and if we keep Masch, I think that Alonso will be sold because he's a luxury we cannot afford.  And also Lucas has got to have more playing time next year, otherwise Real Madrid or some other big club will steal him from us.

Maybe, but I highly doubt that Rafa will flog Alonso. Just a gut feeling I suppose.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 pm

heimdall wrote:I think we should try and get Pako as the manager, I'm being serious.

???

I've read some sh*t in my days on this forum, but that takes the f*cking :censored:.

And by the way, to all the Rafa hating crew, you've just gone and done what ConnO'Var politely advocated against and gone and f*cked up this thread with your blind-sided bullsh*t.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion