Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:07 pm

rotation - he believes players will be super human in the second half of the season. why not just play your best team available as points in the bag is more important

buy a player and play him in his best position, instead of like babel- left wing right wing forward. cant be easy not knowing where you are going to play. Does he think before he buys, does RB even know where Liverpool are lacking

keep players happy- rotation isnt the way

dont panic buy if you cant the players you want.
or if like when the arsenal kids beat us last season, sign eveyone who can kick a ball under the age of 16

dont look to deeply into the oppositions tactics.dont try and combat something that hasnt happend.Let them worry about us LIVERPOOL FC

They are some of my problems with RB
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:10 pm

oh so walcott & denilson were steals right

& we havent gone bk under benitez r u jokin look at the value of r squad then go bk 2 the end of houlliers regime & add his squad up

have u ever thought that maybe weve takin 2 steps 4ward but the other 3 have taken 3 steps 4ward

in this day & age money talks they have more then us simple
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:15 pm

so whats all that mean in english and where do everton man city and everton come into your steps routine
RB aint good enough get rid
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:45 am

if Liverpool ending up in 5th, and struggling to get that high, is 2 steps forward, I'd love to see us going backwards.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby scoby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:08 am

WHY ARE SO MANY ON HERE GIVING OUT ABOUT WHAT OUR FUTURE HOLDS UNDER BENITEZ?  SO FAR HE HAS GIVEN US MORE THAN WHAT WE COULD HAVE EVER HOPED FOR ON A SHOE STRING BUDGET COMPARED TO OTHER CLUBS. BUT WHILE DOING THIS HE HAS ASSEMBLED A YOUTH/RESERVE TEAM THAT WILL HELP US CAHLLENGE FOR YEARS TO COME, WE JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT A LITTLE LONGER.
HE ALSO HAD A PROBLEM OF HAVING PLAYERS LIKE CARRA, HYYPIA, RISSLE AND FINNAN ALL OF WHOM HAVE HAD HERO STATUS AT THE CLUB WHEN HE TOOK OVER BUT THEY LACKED BALL PLAYING SKILLS AND HAD HE OF GOT RID OF THESE UP UNTIL THIS SEASON HE WUD NEVER HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN.

BENTIEZ HAS SET ABOUT GIVING US A STRONG SQUAD WITHIN HIS BUDGET AND HAS ACHIEVED IT SO FAR AND AFTER A FEW TWEEKS HERE AND THERE THE TEAM WUD BE IMMENSE. THIS SUMMER WE HOPEFULLY SEE SOME OF THE YOUNGER PLAYERS COME THROUGH AND WATCHING SOME OF THE RESERVE GAMES I THINK IT WILL HAPPEN PLAYERS LIKE NEMETH, INSUNA,SPEARING,GUTHRIE,LETO,EL ZAHAR ALL COMING THROUGH FOR US REPLACING SOME OF THE OUT GOING SQUAD MEMBERS.

NEXT YEARS SQUAD COULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

REINA
INDENTJE

ARBELODA   SKRTEL  AGGER    ?
FINNAN       CARRA   HYPPIA   INSUNA

GERRARD      MASCH     LUCAS
        SPEARING     ALONSO   GUTHRIE

BABEL         YOSSI
                  EL ZAHAR     LETO

TORRES
                           NEMETH

KEEP HOLD OF PENNANT AND CROUCH GIVE HOBBS,ANDERSON, DARBY AND THREADFALL A CHANCE IN THE SQUAD AND IT STARTS TO LOOK A LITTLE STRONGER
MAYBE THIS IS WHY RAFA HASNT SPLASHED OUT ON WINGERS SEEING AS THEY COST THE WORLD AND REDUCE HIS OPTIONS ALL WE REALLY NEED IS AN ATTACKING FULL BACK ON THE LEFT AND WE COULD BE REALLY REALLY STRONG OR DARE I SAY IT CHAMPIONS COZ OUR RESERVES LOOK LIKE WE HAVE A SYSTEM THAT WORKS BUT THE FIRST TEAM JUST DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY.
BENTIEZ MAY HAVE BOUGHT ALOT OF THESE PLAYERS BUT THEY WERE NECESSARY AT THE TIME YA COULD SAY A STEPPING STONE IN HIS SYSTEM BUT ITS NOT FAR AWAY FROM COMING THROUGH SO JUST BE PATIENT AND RAFA WILL COME GOOD AND PUT US WHERE WE BELONG.

IN RAFA WE THRUST
scoby

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:20 am

scoby wrote:WHY ARE SO MANY ON HERE GIVING OUT ABOUT WHAT OUR FUTURE HOLDS UNDER BENITEZ?  SO FAR HE HAS GIVEN US MORE THAN WHAT WE COULD HAVE EVER HOPED FOR ON A SHOE STRING BUDGET COMPARED TO OTHER CLUBS. BUT WHILE DOING THIS HE HAS ASSEMBLED A YOUTH/RESERVE TEAM THAT WILL HELP US CAHLLENGE FOR YEARS TO COME, WE JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT A LITTLE LONGER.
HE ALSO HAD A PROBLEM OF HAVING PLAYERS LIKE CARRA, HYYPIA, RISSLE AND FINNAN ALL OF WHOM HAVE HAD HERO STATUS AT THE CLUB WHEN HE TOOK OVER BUT THEY LACKED BALL PLAYING SKILLS AND HAD HE OF GOT RID OF THESE UP UNTIL THIS SEASON HE WUD NEVER HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN.

BENTIEZ HAS SET ABOUT GIVING US A STRONG SQUAD WITHIN HIS BUDGET AND HAS ACHIEVED IT SO FAR AND AFTER A FEW TWEEKS HERE AND THERE THE TEAM WUD BE IMMENSE. THIS SUMMER WE HOPEFULLY SEE SOME OF THE YOUNGER PLAYERS COME THROUGH AND WATCHING SOME OF THE RESERVE GAMES I THINK IT WILL HAPPEN PLAYERS LIKE NEMETH, INSUNA,SPEARING,GUTHRIE,LETO,EL ZAHAR ALL COMING THROUGH FOR US REPLACING SOME OF THE OUT GOING SQUAD MEMBERS.

NEXT YEARS SQUAD COULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

REINA
INDENTJE

ARBELODA   SKRTEL  AGGER    ?
FINNAN       CARRA   HYPPIA   INSUNA

GERRARD      MASCH     LUCAS
        SPEARING     ALONSO   GUTHRIE

BABEL         YOSSI
                  EL ZAHAR     LETO

TORRES
                           NEMETH

KEEP HOLD OF PENNANT AND CROUCH GIVE HOBBS,ANDERSON, DARBY AND THREADFALL A CHANCE IN THE SQUAD AND IT STARTS TO LOOK A LITTLE STRONGER
MAYBE THIS IS WHY RAFA HASNT SPLASHED OUT ON WINGERS SEEING AS THEY COST THE WORLD AND REDUCE HIS OPTIONS ALL WE REALLY NEED IS AN ATTACKING FULL BACK ON THE LEFT AND WE COULD BE REALLY REALLY STRONG OR DARE I SAY IT CHAMPIONS COZ OUR RESERVES LOOK LIKE WE HAVE A SYSTEM THAT WORKS BUT THE FIRST TEAM JUST DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY.
BENTIEZ MAY HAVE BOUGHT ALOT OF THESE PLAYERS BUT THEY WERE NECESSARY AT THE TIME YA COULD SAY A STEPPING STONE IN HIS SYSTEM BUT ITS NOT FAR AWAY FROM COMING THROUGH SO JUST BE PATIENT AND RAFA WILL COME GOOD AND PUT US WHERE WE BELONG.

IN RAFA WE THRUST

Let me take this one point at a time.

1) shoe string compared to other clubs. you mean chelsea and united. other than those two we have probably the most expensive squad in the league, hardly shoe string considering we spent more than Chelsea this summer

2) Hyypia doesn't have ball playing skills, which is why he's been compared to Hansen (best ball playing centre half in our history) on a regular basis. Plus the other 3, Carra, Finnan and Riise, were all in the side that beat Milan in 05, lack of ball skills didn't bother us there.

3) A strong squad, that consists of of many average to below average players. So many of the current squad are overrated and an embarassment to Liverpool Football Club

4) Put some of the kids in. I agree whole heartedly with this, but one major problem, Benitez doesn't trust the kids. He gives them two or three games here and there, then sends them off on loan to lower league sides.

5) If you think we're capable of winning the league with Benitez as our manager, with all due respect you're deluding yourself pal. His methods and tactics WILL NEVER win the league in England.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:26 am

Chelsea spent less than us last summer because they'd already spent a king's ransom on improving their squad.

However, Chelsea spent £25m in the January window, Anelka, and a back-up defender for £10m (bearing in mind our record signing for a defender was £6.5m, and even that was pushing it).

They're in a different league financially.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:30 am

Maybe so, but we're not on a shoe string either. 150 million in 3 and a half years is more than enough to be competing at the top of the table.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:38 am

I don't know the exact figures, but we've certainly not been in the same financial league as either the Manc's or Chelsea for a while.
LFC2007

Postby scoby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

BENITEZ HAS SPENT BIG BUT WHEN HE STARTED WE HAD ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO WITH OUR TITLE RIVALS AND HE HAD TO GO FOR QUANITY TO KEEP US CHALLENGING WITH THE OTHER BIG GUNS

THE PLAYERS HE BOUGHT WERE NOT HIS FIRST CHOICE AND WERE NEEDED TO DO A JOB WHILE HE GOT TO THE STAGE OF BEEN ABLE TO SEE OUT HIS VISION

I AGREE THAT THE TEAM NEED A KICK UP THE HOLE BUT THE SQUAD I DONE OUT WITH SOME1 LIKE LAHM AS LEFT FULL BACK IS MORE THAM CAPABLE OF WINNING GAMES

THE YOUNG PLAYERS NEEDED TIME TO ADJUST TO A NEW COUNTRY AND NEEDED TIME TO ADJUST TO THE SYSTEM AND GAIN EXPERIENCE

RAFA WILL GET IT RIGHT HE'S NOT FAR AWAY FROM IT
scoby

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:45 am

Well in his 1st season we were 37 points behind Chelsea who won the league, it's hardly keeping up with the other big guns.

And we may not be on a level playing field as United or Chelsea in terms of money, but the size of Liverpool Football Club can attract any player it wanted. If we wanted someone badly enough, trust me we'd get them, if they cost 1p or a 100 million, we'd get them if we wanted them that badly.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:52 am

As i said (i think) Rafa has brought the club another level , while doing this so has the other teams so hence same position ....

Unless a very rich man buys us , the problems lay not in the manager it is financial problems .but then again 150 mill is a good bit but looking at chelsea and manc and arsenal over the years WOW did they spend some money !!!

So it will take a few years to get up to that level unless god is manager and gives the players some special pill to take !!!

IN RAFA I TRUST haha onli jkin but i still hold him in high respect :;):
holylamb2006

Postby scoby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:53 am

not when the rent boys, scum and arsnal r trying to buy them aswell coz they can afford to push the price up when we are intrested so as we have to pull out.

evra, malouda, wright philipps,vidic and walcott  are but a few rafa would have liked but lost out on.

but if we had the financial backing they have i have no doubt these players would have joined us it just a case of not been able 2 shop in the same market as them
scoby

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:58 am

Well if it's down to finance which you people would lead me to believe, how come Everton are above us. They've been on a shoe string for years. Now their starting to spend with a bit of money (nothing like us) but still spending a bit. They seem to of coped without a "sugar daddy". Villa and City have hardly spent as much as us but it's them we're competing with. It doesn't make sense. Either we're not competing because we haven't spent as much which is your arguement but we have spent more than Everton, Villa and City and are competing with them. Surely we should have at least 4th sewn up if it was down to finiance, wouldn't you agree?
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:06 am

Well if it's down to finance which you people would lead me to believe, how come Everton are above us. They've been on a shoe string for years. Now their starting to spend with a bit of money (nothing like us) but still spending a bit. They seem to of coped without a "sugar daddy". Villa and City have hardly spent as much as us but it's them we're competing with. It doesn't make sense. Either we're not competing because we haven't spent as much which is your arguement but we have spent more than Everton, Villa and City and are competing with them. Surely we should have at least 4th sewn up if it was down to finiance, wouldn't you agree?

Without a shadow of a doubt , thats why its sooooo frustration watching liverpool and then watch everton,villa,man city play with such more ease ..... but i still conclude by saying this were one step behind the top 3 and one step ahead of the rest , even tho it doesnt look like it . I think the one main reason were lagging behind everton,v,mc is because of wing play think about it ..... who do we have ???
holylamb2006

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion