DAVID NGOG - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:05 am

give the lad a chance i say, hes not been bought for the reserves team with the intention of developing him like alot of the teenagers we have bought so obviously he must have talent
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:08 am

Rush Job wrote:Got a feeling we're going to see him play Kuyt role quite a bit, Babel, Torres and Ngog with Keane or Gerrard just behind would be tasty and the quickest attack in the prem. Roll on.

excellent point mate

a few seasons ago i thought our biggest downfall was our lack of pace but know we have a few speed demons:

degen babel torres gerrard keane ngog are all very fast
mascherano gets across the ground quite well also
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:32 am

So far i have to admit i'm pleased with Ngog. A rough diamond, he looks to have a bit about him and a fair amount of game intelligence for someone as young as 19. Good stuff, lets hope he will come of age at this club and go on to be a real gem.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:49 am

red37 wrote:So far i have to admit i'm pleased with Ngog. A rough diamond, he looks to have a bit about him and a fair amount of game intelligence for someone as young as 19. Good stuff, lets hope he will come of age at this club and go on to be a real gem.

Second that mate, it'll be interesting to see who scores the most out of him and Babel.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 am

RedBlood wrote:give the lad a chance i say, hes not been bought for the reserves team with the intention of developing him like alot of the teenagers we have bought so obviously he must have talent

Yeah totally because they've all come through and shown what they are capable of.

All these young players we signed have done amazingly well for us...

:D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
RedBlood wrote:give the lad a chance i say, hes not been bought for the reserves team with the intention of developing him like alot of the teenagers we have bought so obviously he must have talent

Yeah totally because they've all come through and shown what they are capable of.

your glass still half empty ay mate :)

the youngsters rafa has brought in have shown in pre season their potential and i feel this season they will get more game time

put it this way if you look at the youngsters now (including the ones on loan) compared to before rafa came there is a big difference

i think people dont realise how hard it is for a teenager to break into one of the best teams in the world these days and automatically assume they are sh.it because they arent a owen or rooney sensation by time they are 18, its ridiculous really the way some people think
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Rush Job wrote:
red37 wrote:So far i have to admit i'm pleased with Ngog. A rough diamond, he looks to have a bit about him and a fair amount of game intelligence for someone as young as 19. Good stuff, lets hope he will come of age at this club and go on to be a real gem.

Second that mate, it'll be interesting to see who scores the most out of him and Babel.

Is that a fair comparison? If Babel is playing wide and N'Gog used primarily as a striker, then you can't really compare. It may work out reasonably fair as Babel may get more minutes and N'Gog play up front, but you can't equate it like for like, like
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:51 pm

I would like to see Ngog used on a winger, tearing down the right rather than Kuyt who I feel is a great workhorse but just does not have the ability/belief to take on defender and whip in a cross that either Keane/Torres/Gerrard can get to.  With both Babel and Ngog on the wings, there would be genuine pace out wide and would give full backs plenty of worries.  Maybe this to simplistic but i would like to see the following line up.
                         Reina
        Carragher    Skrtel        Agger
  Ngog      Gerrard  Masherano Alsono     Babel
               Torres      Keane
This is a very attack minded team but have Masch and Alonso tucked in front of the back three
At the moment, playing 4-4-2 with two out and out fullbacks we still look vunerable when defending so, i cant see how a line up as above could be any worse
RedEire

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:20 pm

RedEire wrote:I would like to see Ngog used on a winger, tearing down the right rather than Kuyt who I feel is a great workhorse but just does not have the ability/belief to take on defender and whip in a cross that either Keane/Torres/Gerrard can get to.  With both Babel and Ngog on the wings, there would be genuine pace out wide and would give full backs plenty of worries.  Maybe this to simplistic but i would like to see the following line up.
                         Reina
               Torres      Keane
This is a very attack minded team but have Masch and Alonso tucked in front of the back three
At the moment, playing 4-4-2 with two out and out fullbacks we still look vunerable when defending so, i cant see how a line up as above could be any worse

Get real mate :laugh:

Our defenders would get new ar.seholes ripped for themselves with that formation.  And I don't think Benitez has bought a left back and a right back this summer to not play them and go 3 at the back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Owzat wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Is that a fair comparison? If Babel is playing wide and N'Gog used primarily as a striker, then you can't really compare. It may work out reasonably fair as Babel may get more minutes and N'Gog play up front, but you can't equate it like for like, like

Am i saying anythink about a direct comparison? Or was it a simple off the cuff fan like remark? Look lad i think your a childish ( fkin Barny and such like ), humorless, repetitive, hostile kunt who's obviously got  issues, like if someone trying to be friendly has the absolute ordasity to call you lad :laugh: Now in the interest of the board i suggest you skip any posts by me as ive been skipping yours for a while lad.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:44 am

Rush Job wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Am i saying anythink about a direct comparison? Or was it a simple off the cuff fan like remark? Look lad i think your a childish ( fkin Barny and such like ), humorless, repetitive, hostile kunt who's obviously got  issues, like if someone trying to be friendly has the absolute ordasity to call you lad :laugh: Now in the interest of the board i suggest you skip any posts by me as ive been skipping yours for a while lad.

I didn't say you made a direct comparison, you used Crouch as an example and that constitutes a comparison as you're suggesting by implication

I think you're a d1ckhead that talks :censored:, child. I do wish you would do what you claim to be instead of weighing into someone else's argument like a little kid. if you don't get why "lad" isn't a sign of being friendly, "mate" is normally, then you've just proved you're a d1ckhead. And you reckon I've got issues?!?! I'm not the one reading way too much into other people's posts and stalking them with a chip on my shoulder, child.

Do us both a favour, and the board, and feck off. You'll eventually grow up and learn to let things go, until such a time I'm not interested in your opinion (load of :censored: by the way) of me, of LFC or of any of it's players. You can't even discuss something without getting abusive. By the by, I haven't heard or seen "nob jockey" used as an insult since way back when I was in my early teens which I have to conclude is what you are, child.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:04 am

Fo Dne Posted on Aug. 09 2008,08:58
Quote (RedBlood @ July 29 2008,06:05)
give the lad a chance i say, hes not been bought for the reserves team with the intention of developing him like alot of the teenagers we have bought so obviously he must have talent

most of those YOUTH players, 18 year olds,  are developing their skills and learning about top football. But I can see why they quite clearly should be knocking Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Carragher out of the 1st 11. In the words of Penn and Teller, that my friend, is Bull5hit
burjennio

Postby RedEire » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:21 am

john craig wrote:
RedEire wrote:I would like to see Ngog used on a winger, tearing down the right rather than Kuyt who I feel is a great workhorse but just does not have the ability/belief to take on defender and whip in a cross that either Keane/Torres/Gerrard can get to.  With both Babel and Ngog on the wings, there would be genuine pace out wide and would give full backs plenty of worries.  Maybe this to simplistic but i would like to see the following line up.
                         Reina
               Torres      Keane

Get real mate :laugh:

Our defenders would get new ar.seholes ripped for themselves with that formation.  And I don't think Benitez has bought a left back and a right back this summer to not play them and go 3 at the back.

Hey JC, we have bought strikers in the past and made them wingers - so you can never assume that the players will play in their given positions if at all.  My point is - Arbeloa and Dossena look very poor at the moment - have yet to see Degen but as an option i would like to see a very attack minded formation which would put opposition on the back foot - Standard Liege are a poor outfit, yet made our standard 4-4-2 team look like a :censored:-poor Sunday morning team and attacked down both wings because (a) our wingers gave them nothing to worry about and (b) our full backs never looked comfortable.  If you are a full back and you have to cope with a player that has the ability and pace to burn and is willing to take you on whenever he gets the ball, the last thing he is going to be worried about is attacking.  We have two of the best strikers in the PL and along with Gerrard, who are starved of good quality service from the wings - just think what could be scored if service from both sides was a given
RedEire

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:07 am

Any news on this lad, seems to have gone all quiet with nando and keane hogging the limelight?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:19 pm

RedBen wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I started a new season on footy manager with Pompey and signed N'Gog. Hes not bad for a squad player. So far in 7 games only 1 goal but 6 assists.

Footy Manager, always an authority when you have to evaluate a player you don't really know  :p

Rumour has it that is how Megson picks his signings!  :D
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion