china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah he is. Didnt he score only 1 goal last year? Hopefully he isnt as :censored: as Voronin.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Owzat wrote:Bit worried when we sign a 19 year old striker who, according to the BBC, scored one goal in 18 appearances and the BBC is saying :

Liverpool add Ngog to their previous major summer signings Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen

I'd say this could be an Arsene-esque Anelka signing, could be very 'Houllier' to start calling him "the next Anelka". I think I'd like to keep Voronin for now, just so we don't run short of strikers. I'm still awaiting the long predicted appearance of Nemeth, was it JT kept predicting him in the end of season teams/squad?

You would keep Voronin ?  :laugh:

I would play any of the youth team strikers ahead of Voronin any day of the week.
He is THAT bad.

TBH mate , i would rather play voronin than the any of our  unproven youngster cept ngog and nemeth as simply he has may not have the skills and technique and he has experience in top flight football  :D
Last edited by Toffeehater on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:21 pm

metalhead wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
destro wrote:This kid is amazing, if he can reproduce goals like this for us then number 19 is our this season :;):

Ngog wonder goal !!   :nod

:D

wtf!! :laugh:

i felt so cheated honestly.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Feeney » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:07 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:He's Boumsong's cousin isn't he?

That's correct TMP.

Why was this not going off when Rafa was signing him?

Last edited by Feeney on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FANTÔMAS » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:21 pm

At such unimpressive statistics as 19 all time starts and three goals (of which only one was in the League). I can't see how N'Gog is not going to be used as leverage for future transfers. It is Benítez' preferred choice of making money, sign a relatively good but underrated player, improve upon him and transfer him out for a million or two in profit.

I'm personally not a fan of this, and as these foreign lads are taking up space in the reserves and at the Academy, it does not make me confident that local lads are getting a fair chance in graduating to the first team.

Personally, I think the money should have been saved, saved up for a major transfer and instead of buying two players for an accumulated price of 18 million (Kuyt-Bellamy example), it would be best to put in a single bid for one.
FANTÔMAS

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:07 pm

FANTÔMAS wrote:At such unimpressive statistics as 19 all time starts and three goals (of which only one was in the League). I can't see how N'Gog is not going to be used as leverage for future transfers. It is Benítez' preferred choice of making money, sign a relatively good but underrated player, improve upon him and transfer him out for a million or two in profit.

I'm personally not a fan of this, and as these foreign lads are taking up space in the reserves and at the Academy, it does not make me confident that local lads are getting a fair chance in graduating to the first team.

Personally, I think the money should have been saved, saved up for a major transfer and instead of buying two players for an accumulated price of 18 million (Kuyt-Bellamy example), it would be best to put in a single bid for one.

Ive just nearly s.hit myself when i saw your avatar i though it was a face looking at me :laugh: That is so scary

An no i havnt had a bevy
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:14 am

FANTÔMAS wrote:I can't see how N'Gog is not going to be used as leverage for future transfers. It is Benítez' preferred choice of making money, sign a relatively good but underrated player, improve upon him and transfer him out for a million or two in profit.

As long as we're not paying much more than a million and picking the very best kids I don't mind signing foreigner youngsters. But we're signing so many you have to wonder, the only justification would be if our team is more than half full with them and another half dozen scrapping for a place in the starting XI. That ain't gonna happen, like with most of Houllier's kids they will be sold - by Rafa or his replacement if he goes.

But we do need to keep bringing in local kids, more passion for the club and maybe not the technique but I'd happily have a Gerrard, Owen, Fowler or Carra come through. How many of the foreign kids signed by Houllier or Rafa have broken into the 1st team regularly? Plessis looks like he might, Insua perhaps. They not only have to become good players, but also learn English, settle in this country and so they have that to contend with (and homesickness) Plus we can quickly coach them into mediocrity, if they really are better than our kids then there has to be a reason...........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:42 am

FANTÔMAS wrote:At such unimpressive statistics as 19 all time starts and three goals (of which only one was in the League). I can't see how N'Gog is not going to be used as leverage for future transfers. It is Benítez' preferred choice of making money, sign a relatively good but underrated player, improve upon him and transfer him out for a million or two in profit.

with money being so tight at LFC i think what Benitez is doing is actually quite positive IMO... these youngsters can either turn out to be world beaters or they can be sold for some profit...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:04 am

I started a new season on footy manager with Pompey and signed N'Gog. Hes not bad for a squad player. So far in 7 games only 1 goal but 6 assists.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:05 pm

bavlondon wrote:I started a new season on footy manager with Pompey and signed N'Gog. Hes not bad for a squad player. So far in 7 games only 1 goal but 6 assists.

:D
Footy Manager, always an authority when you have to evaluate a player you don't really know  :p
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:01 pm

bavlondon wrote:I started a new season on footy manager with Pompey and signed N'Gog. Hes not bad for a squad player. So far in 7 games only 1 goal but 6 assists.

:D , nothing like footie manager to give you a feel of how a player is eh?
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:44 pm

I have to say right now im not too upset at this signing. But I give it a month into the season before I am cursing Rafa again.:laugh:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 am

He's doing well in footie manager i take it than  :D
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:55 am

Got a feeling we're going to see him play Kuyt role quite a bit, Babel, Torres and Ngog with Keane or Gerrard just behind would be tasty and the quickest attack in the prem. Roll on.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion