Watching the reserves - Ngog

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Anyone watching the reserves ? Ngog just can't be ar*ed ,this for me is simply not good enough ,I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but his attitude in this game doesnt bode well for the future .ie( Le tallec)
He should be applying himself 100% ,Pacheco is a real talent in the Fabregas mode ,and San Jose has impressed me ,looking forward to seeing our new signings Flora and Poulsen .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:02 pm

We shouldn't have gotten Ngog, we should have given Nemeth a chance, he can't be that bad.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 pm

lol! he scored two goals tonight ngog :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Yeah but he should have got six. Fecking useless :angry: :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 pm

minimum :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Ok confession time I only watched the reserves until the wife came home ,and then Eastenders took priority (never said I wore the trousers )
:D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Ngog got two eh the Bast**d
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:40 am

This thread sums this forum up  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:10 am

taff wrote:This thread sums this forum up  :D

Your not wrong there taff . It's a shame but , your 100%correct :(
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:15 am

Ngog is not as shyte as some say.. His a decent forward at the moment. Will he turn out to be a anfield class act.. I doubt it but atleast he is making some effort. :)
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:04 am

Igor Zidane wrote:

Jeez lads lighten up, it was only a bit of irony (hence the smilies). It's not like I even saw the match or anything, sheesh :sniffle
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:48 am

Madmax wrote:Ngog is not as shyte as some say.. His a decent forward at the moment. Will he turn out to be a anfield class act.. I doubt it but atleast he is making some effort. :)

It's very difficult for talented young players to break into the first team because they are competing with multimillion pound signings. Insua is a good example, Dossena was given every chance to succeed and only after he'd taken none of his chances did Insua get his. Now Aurelio is fit he becomes our LB, not that he cost anything but had we had to pay for him you'd be looking at a few million.

It's the same at other big clubs (the 'big four') except maybe Arsenal where the very most exceptional kids are brought in and with the intention they will come in and the club tend not to buy lots of expensive players. That's a good approach, makes Wenger a better manager than fergie in my book, but it is at the sacrifice of being a real big gun since it is difficult to compete on a level playing field using that approach.

So unless the kids we sign are absolute top quality that would become £10m+ signings in a few years (3-4 maybe) then the chances of them making it at Anfield are slim. They have to be better than good prospects, they almost have to be in the 1st team a lot by the age of 21. Our biggest home grown successes have been in the team at a very young age - Fowler, Owen, Carragher and Gerrard. Sadly we have had 'the next' one of those through since Gerrard - and under Rafa I doubt we will.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:21 am

bigmick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Jeez lads lighten up, it was only a bit of irony (hence the smilies). It's not like I even saw the match or anything, sheesh :sniffle

Mick you seriously need to chill mate , we were talking about the thread opener mate .  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 pm

I also watched the game and despite his goals he did look poor again, and this is at reserve team level with kids and fringe players.
His first goal he controlled the ball into him well from Pacheco (who looked lively) but he sort of miskicked a toe-y type finished that squirmed past the keeper.
Secong goal which was again assisted by a great little dink through by Pacheco was simple enough just lifting it past the already committed keeper.
Its his touch that is a disgrace, it bounces off him more often than not.
The only saving grace for me was possibly you could blame the pitch which was really bumpy.

The lad Irwin stood out for me second half, really combative in centre mid, and uses the ball well too, he is usually in the under 18's i think but was one of best players on pitch in the second period.
Spearing at centre half and Darby at left back as well (showing there versatility) looked really assured and should be making our bench ahead of the likes of Dossena.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:

ya lighten up igor he only meant that the everyone has to watch eastenders when the misses come home  :rasp
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion