Current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Wed May 02, 2012 12:46 pm

its a bit pathetic how anyone who is seriously disappointed with our league form and questions the genuine quality of the squad and wonders if the manager has played his best hand at all times, despite being happy about the cup runs, is now labeled as not being a proper fan and only wants the club to fail. really f*cking pathetic in all honesty.

the cups are nice, to be sure, but we should all be genuinely worried about our shameful capitulations in so many league games, especially at home. its actually ok to say so too.
Last edited by andy_g on Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 pm

brad147690 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 am wrote:We are missing a poacher who will score these chances we make in my opinion.

Yes, that's one of the areas which we need to strengthen, how we could do with someone like Micheal Owen or Robbie Fowler. I think we also need to strengthen the midfield and we need to strengthen our defence somewhat. There's lots for us do in the summer, but it all depends on how much FSG are willing to invest into transfers. I mean it's not like they're investing their own fortune into the club, the investment they're putting in is what the club is turning over, so you'd think that it will be the same again this season and any money made from player sales will be put straight back into the kitty for new arrivals, but we shall see.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm

andy_g » Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 am wrote:its a bit pathetic how anyone who is seriously disappointed with our league form and questions the genuine quality of the squad and wonders if the manager has played his best hand at all times, despite being happy about the cup runs, is now labeled as not being a proper fan and only wants the club to fail. really f*cking pathetic in all honesty.

the cups are nice, to be sure, but we should all be genuinely worried about our shameful capitulations in so many league games, especially at home. its actually ok to say so too.

I agree, it's people like Supersub who really try and creative divisions where they need not be any! It's quite alright for Liverpool supporters to hold differing views to one another, it's more than alright, there is one right way only to support the club and actually those people who blindly follow their managers through thick and thin without ever asking a question are just as tedious with their utterings as someone who is continually looking for faults to launch a series of criticisms. I'm sure everyone is delighted with our cup runs, winning trophies is what football is all about, but the big two trophies that every supporter wants to see his/her team win is the League title and the Champions League (if they support a European based club). We're now further away from winning either trophy than we have ever been and that's unacceptable and people are rightly pointing this out, if Supersub gets irritated by this, that's his problem.
Boxscarf

Postby supersub » Wed May 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey lets get one thing clear here....I go to all the home games, I pay my money to see some miserable performances week in week out but I still have the ability to appreciate a good thing when it crops up; and winning a cup and having another cup final to look forward too, that I will be attending ,paid for by my money, then I feel the club,players and manager deserve a little credit....I am in no doubt the players and manager are dissappointed with the league position and will ,with help from the owners, aim to put things right..........with regards to certain posters on here...it's blindly obvious that some only appear following a bad result and have never uttered one word of praise for any good that has been achieved .......

Only some of us are delighted with our cup runs....a fair few are more concerned with not having wednesday night tv
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Obviously Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Johnson, Enrique + Bellamy are all very good players and will still be here next season if they choose to be. No question about that.

I imagine we'll be aiming to keep our younger players.  The likes of Henderson, Shelvey, Coates, Kelly, Robinson, Flanno etc. (They'll get plenty of games in the EL)
Everyone else I would worry about.

Downing - Dreadful almost all season and just doesn't look good enough.
Adam - Very immobile and again hasn't really done anything to suggest he is good enough.
Carra - Should only be kept as a 4th choice CB if even.  Think he may consider retiring.
Maxi - scores some goals and often contributes to good pass + move football but goes missing far too often.
Carroll - Has improved but he hasn't exactly set the world alight in his 16 months here.  More of a plan B type player IMO.
Aurelio - Get rid, great player when fit but sadly he never is.
Kuyt - Id love him to stay but he isnt getting games really for whatever reason.
Spearing - Just not good enough for Liverpool.

I don't think Id be too unhappy if most of them players left and brought in some funds for new players.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 pm

1. Bellamy - must be kept but no silly long contracts. pay as you play?
2. Johnson - must be kept
3. Enrique - must be kept
5. Agger - must be kept
6. Aurelio - To expensive to have on the wage bill when he is injured all the time. Pay as you play contract would be ideal.
7. Suarez - Must be kept if we want to challenge for anything. Most important player on the team.
8. Gerrard - Sell if we can get any stupid offers for him. Big risk since he is still one of our best players but has started to decline. Money must be used to get a new big money signing.
9. Carroll - Sell if we can get any stupid offers for him
11. Maxi - Love him but needs to be moved on to free up the wage bill for someone that can play all the time and doesn't go missing.
14. Henderson - If we can get anything close to what we bought him for sell
16. Coates - shows promise keep
18. Kuyt - Sell because he is to expensive to have on the bench
19. Downing - started to show promise... if we can get some club to pay what we bought him for sell
20. Spearing - Not bad and should be kept at low wage and come in off the bench when needed.
21. Lucas - Hope to god he is still good because we need him
23. Carragher - Sell, loan out or promote to some sort of club personel
25. Reina - Must be kept
26. Adam - Sell or loan out
27. Aquilani - Keep if he wants to stay we are lacking to much in this department. Pay as you play contract.
28. J Cole - Sell or loan out
29. Doni - Showed good things and needs to be kept
30. Shelvey - Not sure really, have hopes for him but to bad to start at the moment.
31. Kelly - must keep
32. Skrtel - must keep
33. Flanagan - keep he has showed a lot of promise
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:22 pm

dont forget if we get shot of a home grown player we must replace him with another,

all teams required to have eight home-grown players out of a squad of 25.
clubs will be required to have a squad named of up to 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Kukilon » Wed May 02, 2012 1:50 pm wrote:1. Bellamy - must be kept but no silly long contracts. pay as you play?
23. Carragher - Sell, loan out or promote to some sort of club personel
27. Aquilani - Keep if he wants to stay we are lacking to much in this department. Pay as you play contract.
28. J Cole - Sell or loan out

We are not going to be able to sell any of these players because of their current contracts, and I dont understand why any of them would be willing to sign a new contract with a much lower wage than what they have now. At best we can hope to loan them out to a club that will pay part of their wages.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Kukilon wrote:8. Gerrard - Sell if we can get any stupid offers for him. Big risk since he is still one of our best players but has started to decline. Money must be used to get a new big money signing.

f*ck OFF

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Well said Macca!

Former Liverpool midfielder Steve McManaman has accused the current side of letting down the fans after the 1-0 defeat to Fulham at Anfield on Tuesday.

The Cottagers traditionally fare poorly on Merseyside, but picked up a first win in the area in 49 attempts thanks to Martin Skrtel's fifth minute own goal.

Kenny Dalglish picked an under-strength side with Saturday's FA Cup final perhaps playing on his mind, but McManaman feels that is no excuse for the sorry display that the fans were forced to witness.

"Why not win tonight and on Saturday? Why do we think we can just forgive tonight and win on Saturday," McManaman said. "It's only rotation if you have the quality.

"But you have to do yourself justice in front of the fans, who pay very good money while the economy [continues to decline]. You have to give them something and they've given them nothing - and that's what disappoints me.

"If you are going to go down, go down with the fans thinking, 'At least they had a go'. But there was none of that. Fulham were deserved winners."

Liverpool's cup final opponents, Chelsea, face Newcastle in a potential Champions League qualification decider on Wednesday - and McManaman believes conditions were set up nicely for the Reds to pick up a confidence-boosting three points ahead of the trip to Wembley.

"I thought they were terrible. I am slightly more critical of Liverpool because of what that club means to me," he said. "I'll apologise if I am a bit more critical of Liverpool but they really did not offer a lot.

"I thought after the victory over Norwich that they would come here and steamroll Fulham, because Fulham are not good away from home. The fact that Liverpool lost to West Brom last time out here, I thought they needed to give the fans something.

"Remember, Chelsea are playing tomorrow - so why haven't Liverpool got a stronger side out to do the business? This is a far easier game than Chelsea's, who play Newcastle."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby banana(real one) » Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm

RichardLFC1 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:06 pm wrote:
Kukilon wrote:8. Gerrard - Sell if we can get any stupid offers for him. Big risk since he is still one of our best players but has started to decline. Money must be used to get a new big money signing.

f*ck OFF

The truth has been spoken. Gerrard must go as he has a bad attitude and thinks he is better than he really is. As a central midfielder he needs to be carried by a midfield 3. As a pair of 2 there is no way that the club can finish top 6 with him in there.
banana(real one)
LFC Basic Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Watch the Norwich game and come back.

Selling Gerrard is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 11:04 pm

We'll need to find Gerrard's long-term replacement sooner rather than later. Gerrard is 32 later on this month, we can't keep relying on him forever.
Boxscarf

Postby D___C » Thu May 03, 2012 12:54 am

jacdaniel » Wed May 02, 2012 12:46 pm wrote:Obviously Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Johnson, Enrique + Bellamy are all very good players and will still be here next season if they choose to be. No question about that.

I imagine we'll be aiming to keep our younger players.  The likes of Henderson, Shelvey, Coates, Kelly, Robinson, Flanno etc. (They'll get plenty of games in the EL)
Everyone else I would worry about.

Downing - Dreadful almost all season and just doesn't look good enough.
Adam - Very immobile and again hasn't really done anything to suggest he is good enough.
Carra - Should only be kept as a 4th choice CB if even.  Think he may consider retiring.
Maxi - scores some goals and often contributes to good pass + move football but goes missing far too often.
Carroll - Has improved but he hasn't exactly set the world alight in his 16 months here.  More of a plan B type player IMO.
Aurelio - Get rid, great player when fit but sadly he never is.
Kuyt - Id love him to stay but he isnt getting games really for whatever reason.
Spearing - Just not good enough for Liverpool.

I don't think Id be too unhappy if most of them players left and brought in some funds for new players.

Agree with everything. You got every player spot on there
D___C

Postby Kharhaz » Thu May 03, 2012 1:05 am

RichardLFC1 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 pm wrote:Watch the Norwich game and come back.

Selling Gerrard is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

Selling Gerrard is akin to getting rid of Alonso and replacing him with.... well hell you know the story ! This isn't the most insane thing ive ever heard, in fact, its pretty much a given today.

Its like a woman thing. They say they are looking for Mr Right, but just say they got him? what then? Well, they would have nothing to whinge about ! And then they would leave him, and go looking elsewhere.

There you go, todays supporter. Big tart looking for a new whinge.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion