Current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:26 pm

reina
johnson                       skrtel                       agger                   enrique

lucas                  Shelvey/henderson(/New signing?)

Gerrard           suarez      new signing 

New signing   

I'd like us to build the team around suarez to get the best out of him. For me that means replacing carroll with a striker that can play with the ball at his feet. A goalscorer with good pace and technique. With lucas back we can hopefully push gerrard forward again in a position where he can do some damage. Then we need a new winger, preferably a creative left winger. If we have some money left we could also use a more creative CM. We should also try to get some better backup for lucas.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 am wrote:
D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm wrote:We have seven players who are currently good enough to wear the shirt.

Reina
Enrique
Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Lucas
XXXXXXXX
Gerrard
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Suarez
XXXXXXXX

Sterling could very well prove to be. Other than that we need an injection of real quality... a #9 to partner Suarez, a midfield playmaker to partner Lucas, and certainly a wide right player.

We are three first teamers away from challenging again.

What we have now is a long way short... that Chelsea team today looked devastating and they aint anywhere near the Manchester clubs.

They were AWESOME!!!
Lets not turn up on the 5th
:laugh:
What a boring tit you are
:nod

Don't worry, he won't be watching.  95% chance we'll get beat, blah blah blah :suspect:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby South East Kop » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:to be fair the goalscoring has improved over the last couple of months, even though the results havent been great we have put 6 past brighton, 2 past stoke and 2 past everton in the cup and even in the league we put 3 past everton, 2 past QPR, 3 past blackburn and at least managed to score 1 against villa and wigan.
nothing to write home about yet but there are signs that our strike force may not be as bad as some think it is. a creative centre midfielder who can sit alongside lucas in the mould of alonso and a attacking midfielder that can go past a man and we may shock a few people next season.
with hindsight we tried to bring too many new players into the first team at the start of the season and other relatively new arrivals like carroll still werent 100% fit which didnt help either, next season i`d only bring in 2 new players into the starting 11 but i`d make them big money quality buys.

reina
johnson                       skrtel                       agger                   enrique

lucas                  new signing

suarez           gerrard      new signing 

carroll   

thats the team i`d start next season with, the fullbacks are as athletic as any in the league so they`ll give us width and gerrard can drop back into midfield if we are under the cosh at any time. pity sterling wasnt a couple of years older he may be the answer to that attacking midfielder role.
infact if you put alonso and sterling (even if it`s just for his electric pace alone at this point) in that side i think they`d give anyone in the league a run for their money. when everyone is fit we have the foundations of a very good side.

Spot on for me, back 6 are solid as you like, with two great full backs.  i'd love to see a vieira (spit) type box to box player alongside lucas, someone to allow those 4 in front to feel they have a solid pair behind them.  It would also allow our full backs to push up and attack as much as they like with that solid block of 4 (2 def 2 mid protecting the goal).

Suarez loves to go wide and would stretch the oposition throughout the 90, gerrard is god when playing in a free role behind the striker, we mustent continue to play one of the most leathal attacking players in the english game in the centre, give the boy freedom. 

A left sided player such as hazard would be perfect, someone with quick feet and pace to interlink and bring the best out of suarez and gerrard with great movement.  Crosses etc will come from the full backs.

Big andy in the middle who can beat anyone on his day to a header and if you stand off him he's got a leathal left foot.  The other point is the quality of those three behind him can use him as a wall, bounce off him, quick one two's.

The formation would also work for the new faces, such as allow us to bring on downing who can run at the fullbacks if required, adam who would be a great squad midfielder and henderson who shows great technique and pace and i am sure will one day beable to play off the striker to great effect.

Great shout.
South East Kop

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Victor Moses on a free at the end of the year. This should be transfer number 1 as he WILL get snapped up.

Really want to see more creativity next year which he possesses.

Really think we should try and get a squad striker next year to back up Suarez and Carroll maybe Kevin Doyle and with Wolves going down he should be relatively cheap.

I think we should then get 2 big signing in the summer. Michael Essien. Doesn't seem to get in the Chelsea side despite being one of their better players.

Adam Johnson won't be happy at city and he's at the stage of his career where he needs to play

I think kuyt and maxi will leave along with j.cole and Aqualani.

With them transfers in mind I'd play a sort of 4-3-3 next year

Reina
Johnson.       Skrtle.       Agger.       Enrique

Lucas.         Essien

Gerrard
Johnson.                                     Suarez
                               Carroll. 

Then a cover team of

Doni
Kelly
Carra
Coates
Auerlio
Moses
Henderson
Adam
Downing
Bellamy
Doyle

With europa league football a successful league campaign and the defence of a Fa and carling cup we need a strong squad

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby South East Kop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:32 pm

When you look at lucas and essien for example, that looks an extremely strong partnership that could take control of any game.  Gerro's class but even more class when attacking than holding.  Like Johnson as well, would take him with another creative midfielder.  For me a defensive midfielder, flying winger and a creative midfielder. 

I think with Hazard and Johnson in, we could utilise bellamy and kuyt more central as back up rather than on the wings.  At present when Carroll and Saurez aint available and we bring two of our best wide players in to play in the centre, that has an affect on their own game.  I think if they had hazard and johnson either side of them they'd be a decent front two themsleves.

I dont want much!!!

Reina

Johnson
skirts
agger
enrique

lucas
"vieira mould"

Saurez (rw) or Johnson
Gerrard (cam)
Hazard (lw)

Carroll or Suarez

Back up:

New no 2 keeper (Doni didnt look up to it and i'm sure there's better out there.)
Kelly
Coates
Carra (on verge of retiring so maybe a new face?)
Robinson
Adam
Spearing
Henderson
Downing
Sterling
Suso
Bellamy
Kuyt
South East Kop

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:15 pm

South East Kop » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:to be fair the goalscoring has improved over the last couple of months, even though the results havent been great we have put 6 past brighton, 2 past stoke and 2 past everton in the cup and even in the league we put 3 past everton, 2 past QPR, 3 past blackburn and at least managed to score 1 against villa and wigan.
nothing to write home about yet but there are signs that our strike force may not be as bad as some think it is. a creative centre midfielder who can sit alongside lucas in the mould of alonso and a attacking midfielder that can go past a man and we may shock a few people next season.
with hindsight we tried to bring too many new players into the first team at the start of the season and other relatively new arrivals like carroll still werent 100% fit which didnt help either, next season i`d only bring in 2 new players into the starting 11 but i`d make them big money quality buys.

reina

carroll   

thats the team i`d start next season with, the fullbacks are as athletic as any in the league so they`ll give us width and gerrard can drop back into midfield if we are under the cosh at any time. pity sterling wasnt a couple of years older he may be the answer to that attacking midfielder role.
infact if you put alonso and sterling (even if it`s just for his electric pace alone at this point) in that side i think they`d give anyone in the league a run for their money. when everyone is fit we have the foundations of a very good side.

Spot on for me, back 6 are solid as you like, with two great full backs.  i'd love to see a vieira (spit) type box to box player alongside lucas, someone to allow those 4 in front to feel they have a solid pair behind them.  It would also allow our full backs to push up and attack as much as they like with that solid block of 4 (2 def 2 mid protecting the goal).

Suarez loves to go wide and would stretch the oposition throughout the 90, gerrard is god when playing in a free role behind the striker, we mustent continue to play one of the most leathal attacking players in the english game in the centre, give the boy freedom. 

A left sided player such as hazard would be perfect, someone with quick feet and pace to interlink and bring the best out of suarez and gerrard with great movement.  Crosses etc will come from the full backs.

Big andy in the middle who can beat anyone on his day to a header and if you stand off him he's got a leathal left foot.  The other point is the quality of those three behind him can use him as a wall, bounce off him, quick one two's.

The formation would also work for the new faces, such as allow us to bring on downing who can run at the fullbacks if required, adam who would be a great squad midfielder and henderson who shows great technique and pace and i am sure will one day beable to play off the striker to great effect.

Great shout.

I'd love to see Suarez playing out wide like that. I've said it a couple times before and was laughed at, but it would work as he loves getting out wide anyway, and we'd have an extremely attacking winger who loves to score.

And for our new signings, Shinji Kagawa, Maxi Perriera, or Erik Lamela.  I know a couple people have shouted for Kagawa in the past, and he's continuing to prove his ability.  I've watched Lamela a few times for Roma, and he's a really young really talented player.  And for me, Perreira is the best player for Uruguay that doesn't play striker.  Extremely underrated. These guys are all buyable for the current situation we're in.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm

ethanr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 pm wrote:
South East Kop » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm wrote:

reina

carroll   

Great shout.

I'd love to see Suarez playing out wide like that. I've said it a couple times before and was laughed at, but it would work as he loves getting out wide anyway, and we'd have an extremely attacking winger who loves to score.

And for our new signings, Shinji Kagawa, Maxi Perriera, or Erik Lamela.  I know a couple people have shouted for Kagawa in the past, and he's continuing to prove his ability.  I've watched Lamela a few times for Roma, and he's a really young really talented player.  And for me, Perreira is the best player for Uruguay that doesn't play striker.  Extremely underrated. These guys are all buyable for the current situation we're in.

Mario Gotze or Iker Muniain if we're looking for wingers :).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I wouldn't like to say who will be leaving the club ,I will leave that up to the management to decide ,but I think we need to
strengthen in key areas .

I think we need competition for Enrique at LB , Jorge Fucile is presently  on loan at Santos from Porto and can play LB and RB .
I think he would provide quality cover for our fullbacks, and possibly be procured for a nominal fee .

Midfield I would go for Roma's  Miralem Pjanic who is one of the finest young players I have seen for a very long time .

Up front I would have  Luuk De Jong who is as I have stated before a player with a similar work ethic as kuyt ,and a prolific
striker who would suit the reds down to the ground .

Those are realistic targets ,but if I thought we could make one marquee signing I would love it to be Lavezzi 

Another adept move in the transfer market would be convincing  Porto to part company with Juan Iturbe .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:44 am

Dreamland signings.. Yann M'Villa, Muniain, Cavani.  Realistic options N'Zonzi, Ola John and Doumbia.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:36 am wrote:
D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm wrote:We have seven players who are currently good enough to wear the shirt.

Reina
Enrique
Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Lucas
XXXXXXXX
Gerrard
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Suarez
XXXXXXXX

Sterling could very well prove to be. Other than that we need an injection of real quality... a #9 to partner Suarez, a midfield playmaker to partner Lucas, and certainly a wide right player.

We are three first teamers away from challenging again.

What we have now is a long way short... that Chelsea team today looked devastating and they aint anywhere near the Manchester clubs.

They were AWESOME!!!
Lets not turn up on the 5th
:laugh:
What a boring tit you are

Essien can't get into their midfield... meanwhile we will be picking two from Spearing, Shelvey and Henderson. On paper they should give us a hiding... but we have defied the odds in the cups all season so please god it continues.
D___C

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

We dont play on paper though do we?
:cool:
Thommo's perm

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:15 pm

thank christ
D___C

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Or Brian
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 pm

this sounds ridiculous after we have lost 7 out our last 10 games in the league but i honestly dont think we are far away from having a very good side.
imo we are a midfield general and a devastating winger away from a title challenging team. we need someone next to lucas in midfield who can dictate a game and we need a wideman who can go past players, score goals and put quality balls into the box.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm

I'd sell Brad Jones, Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Jamie Carragher, Danny Wilson, Charlie Adam and Joe Cole. I'd release Aurelio on a free transfer.

Don't ask me who I'd sign, but I am sure we could find much better footballers than the above.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion