Current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 pm

This current squad and its manager is potentially leading us to our best season since the treble in 2001 !

A lot of people are swayed by the media and its obsession with the CL and the prem. dont get me wrong, the league is our holy grail and always has been and the revenue from CL is always nice.

However football is about winning things, and so far this season we have one trophy with a damm good chance of another. Another day at wembley suits me fine, i'll remember these day more than i would any league campaign......unless we won it of course.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm

RedSi35 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:14 pm wrote:This current squad and its manager is potentially leading us to our best season since the treble in 2001 !

A lot of people are swayed by the media and its obsession with the CL and the prem. dont get me wrong, the league is our holy grail and always has been and the revenue from CL is always nice.

However football is about winning things, and so far this season we have one trophy with a damm good chance of another. Another day at wembley suits me fine, i'll remember these day more than i would any league campaign......unless we won it of course.

Dear me it was always the media...Brilliant! The worst season in return on investment terms in decades and we are celebrating the Cardiff clash of the titans event.

In one of the worst years in premier league football where none of the top teams was able to show clear quality and dominance we are straight out their with the likes Swansea and Roy's WestBrom. We lack vision ,tactics and talents. One of the mentaly weakest squads playing for LFC in years.

Kenny failed miserably lets not get confused here. Recognize it and move on ,hope for better days.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 pm

only me » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 pm wrote:
RedSi35 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:14 pm wrote:This current squad and its manager is potentially leading us to our best season since the treble in 2001 !

Dear me it was always the media...Brilliant! The worst season in return on investment terms in decades and we are celebrating the Cardiff clash of the titans event.

In one of the worst years in premier league football where none of the top teams was able to show clear quality and dominance we are straight out their with the likes Swansea and Roy's WestBrom. We lack vision ,tactics and talents. One of the mentaly weakest squads playing for LFC in years.

Kenny failed miserably lets not get confused here. Recognize it and move on ,hope for better days.

Absolutely. The transfer dealings have been disastrous. The worst ever. You spend over 100million and make the team worse. We would all like to rewind back to 30 January 2011.. and start again from there. But whats done is done... Kenny (or a new manager) has to rip the plan over the last 15 months and come up with a new one. We need a clear out of what he brought in, and try and bring in quality.
Last edited by D___C on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D___C

Postby mart » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 pm

I would feel more confident that we are moving in the right direction if our league form was better.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 am

The manager and players have had a lot of citicsm this season because the league record hasn't been good enough but for most premiership teams it's all about getting the best performing squad for a wage bill that fits within a certain percentage of the clubs income, is it about 65% ?

We seem to be paying a lot of wages to players that are either on loan, injured or passed their best. How much are we paying for Aquilani and Joe Cole ? Lucas has been out half the season, are Gerrard, Carragher, Kuyt worth the wages we pay them ?

Lucas is still young and will be back next season but we need to we need to get Cole/Aquilani and possibly a few others off the books and  review the wage structure of some of the high earners and older players.

Hopefully this will allow us to sign new players who will give us a better return for the wages we pay them and improve our performance on the pitch next season.
Basil

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm

D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm wrote:

Absolutely. The transfer dealings have been disastrous. The worst ever. You spend over 100million and make the team worse. We would all like to rewind back to 30 January 2011.. and start again from there. But whats done is done... Kenny (or a new manager) has to rip the plan over the last 15 months and come up with a new one. We need a clear out of what he brought in, and try and bring in quality.

the pair of you....     GO...    FUK...     YOURSELVES!

your like a pair of ol' tarts, whining on and on.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm

D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm wrote:

(or a new manager)
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:04 pm

we are still 4 players short of where we need to be imo. we need a goalscorer, a wide right player, an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder to cover for lucas.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm

[/quote]

the pair of you....     GO...    FUK...     YOURSELVES!

your like a pair of ol' tarts, whining on and on.[/quote]

Aren't you the one calling our players to FUK off every other post (Johnson ,Hendo ,Doni....could find more if i look)...You are one miserable goat.

If you think this Year was outstanding you are having a 70's Acid flashback for sure.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 am

Squad must and will change next season and should be a massive overhaul in players. Hearing rumours about 14 out and 9 in. Well for me there is only 13 players guaranteed to be here next season from our current squad.

Reina
Johnson
Agger
Skrtle
Enrique
Gerrard
Henderson
Suarez
Kelly
Coates
Sterling
Lucas
Doni

I think the rest for one reason or another won't be guaranteed a place.

Aurelio   Out of contract
Kuyt.    Wants 1st team football and can't get it
Maxi.    Same as above
Carragher. Not the same could retire
Shelvey may go out on loan to gain experience
Spearing not Good enough
Downing not good enough
Adam not good enough
Carroll I really hope he stays and I'm 90% sure he will but there's doubt

We have been linked with lots of players 2 players I think we will get gaston Ramirez and Jackson martinez

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

Jamie Carragher retire? Not a cats chance in hell that he'll retire. I'd imagine he'll hang in there as long as possible, collecting his large scale wages whilst warming the bench and giving media interviews about how he'll always 'fight' for his place.
Boxscarf

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:04 pm

No idea what happend

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I can see Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing being sold for a considerable loss in the summer.
Boxscarf

Postby brad147690 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:26 pm

We are missing a poacher who will score these chances we make in my opinion.
My football shirt collection

http://bradsfootballshirtcollection.blogspot.co.uk/
brad147690
LFC Basic Member

Postby supersub » Wed May 02, 2012 12:37 pm

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1166193#p1166193]only me » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm[/url

The worst season in return on investment terms in decades and we are celebrating the Cardiff clash of the titans event.

[/quote]

Clearly you have never been to a Liverpool game or take much pleasure from watching Liverpool.........the league hasn't been the best of times but one cup and an FA Cup final to come is a good return........If all goes well on Saturday, meaning Liverpool win, then I'm sure you and a few like yourself, will be absent from the forum for a few days....why bother with the forum if it follows a victory , heh!...And to counter that scenario, if we were to suffer a defeat you will be the first to remove yourself from the telly to bleat on......I unfortunately will be unable to partake in any discussion at the weekend because I have a Wembley weekend to occupy my time :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion