Crazy results - First knockout round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the_red_alonso » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:02 pm

So the first leg of the round of 16 is over & not to mention there have been some unexpected results.
Bayern 1
AC Milan 1
I was expecting a draw or 2-1 win for Bayern & the scoreline is probably not so surprising,BTW fabulous strike from Ballack.BTW Milan have the upper hand now.
PSV 0
Lyon 1
Though i din expect Lyon to win but also i din think they would lose,but PSV were hard done.Lyon surely fav now.
Benfica 1
Liverpool 0
OK i really din expect a loss,it was a bit of surprise but the game was dull & anybody could have taken it,unfortunately it was the home side.Still Liverpool can geniunely think of going thru to the quarters.
Real 0
Arsenal 1
Well this was a SHOCKER for me ,thought arsenal would lose 2/3-0 but they really put in a gritty performance.Still the tie is 50-50 i think.
Ran 2
Villareal 2
din expect much from gers ,they did well but Villareal look like they will go thru with those 2 away goals.
Ajax 2
Inter 2
if ajax held on to their 2-0 lead may be they would have been fav but now it would swing in Inter's favour(home adv. & 2 away goals.)
Wer 3
Juve 2
Gr8 match.Still Juve are fav but Werder are not out yet.May be they can pull off a surprise.
And finally
Che 1
Barca 2
This one i'm sure Chelsea are out now.I'm delighted TBH with this scoreline,who cares what was on the ref's mind,BTW Ronaldinho looked fabulous again.
At this point i would say Barcelona are the fav to win the cup.
Lets wait for the second legs..............
I love champions league :hearts
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:19 pm

i don't think ronaldihno had a fabulous game! i think Leo Messi was the only barca player who was excellent!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:21 pm

Bayern a think might sneak through
Lyon should go theough easily
Liverpool should be an easy home win
Rangers will make it hopefully,gd perofrmance tonight.
Juventus will make it although werder bremen will give them a good game.
Barca will have too much for chelski at home.
Ajax have lost it by losing two away goals.
Real,Arsenal is close,i hope madrid make it but arsenal have evry chance.

Can't see any big surprises in the results
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnny b the great » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:14 am

Ac milan (away goal)
Lyon (better team)
Liverpool (better team)
Barca (too much class)
Villareal (away goals & Riquelme)
will advance.
Inter vs Ajax and :censored: vs Madrid are too close tom call.
I think Wer advancing ahead of Juve will be the upset of the round.
johnny b the great

Postby johnny b the great » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:16 am

That should be the gunners vs Madrid
johnny b the great

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:16 am

metalhead wrote:i don't think ronaldihno had a fabulous game! i think Leo Messi was the only barca player who was excellent!

Ronnie was awesome in the last 30 minutes.

Best player since Maradona in my opinion, surpasses Zidanne, Baggio, Gullit, Ronaldo, Van Basten and Rivaldo.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:21 am

Puyol did a great match too, the only top class spanish defender atm.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:48 am

What would Messi cost to buy?? I would love to see someone like him down our right wing!!! Would almost be worth any price??

He was magical today and Ronny chiming during the second half just about wrapped up any chance of Chelsea continuing in the CL for 2006.  :D
Last edited by Lionheart on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:04 am

Lionheart wrote:What would Messi cost to buy?? I would love to see someone like him down our right wing!!! Would almost be worth any price??

He was magical today and Ronny chiming during the second half just about wrapped up any chance of Chelsea continuing in the CL for 2006.  :D

well messi has a buy out clause of over 100million  :D  so i think that rules us out! Shows how highly barca rate him and they wont let him go, looks like a star for the future.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 am

Lionheart wrote:What would Messi cost to buy?? I would love to see someone like him down our right wing!!! Would almost be worth any price??

In short about 101million (not sure whether it's £ or €) either way we wouldn't even have enough monopoly money. If i'm wrong i'm sure sabre will have a better idea but it'll deffo be an astronomical amount to buy out his contract.

Arrgh Bollox i've been beaten to it.  :sniffle
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 am

Best player since Maradona in my opinion, surpasses Zidanne, Baggio, Gullit, Ronaldo, Van Basten and Rivaldo.[quote]

Neither Zidane nor Gullit IMO...at least not yet...we tend to make idols too early...awesome player though. Tonight game star has definitely been Messi...I think he is going to be "his" world cup...and being so young...he may reign next ten years.

And...Sabre...I reckon Puyol is an outstanding defender, maybe the most reliable rite now but...what do you think about Sergio Ramos? (apart from your anti-Madrid feeling of course  :D  )
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby 65-1140560321 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 am

AC Milan through....Away goal, although not a certainty.

Lyon through........Away goal and a strong team.

Inter Through ......Two away goals

Juventus through .....2 away goals with home leg to go.

LFC Through...with help of the 12th man! Benfica may score, but I think we will score more than two at Anfield! having said that..................er er er..

Barca Through...Chelsea may score at the nou camp, but I think Barca will too,, probably 4 or 5 !

Arsenal I think will score at Highbury and will outplay Madrid.

Villareal..

----------------------------------------------------------

Q. How do you keep someone with low intelligence busy for a coupe of hours?

A. See below
    See above

:p
Last edited by 65-1140560321 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
65-1140560321

Postby Kukilon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:46 am

I don't understand why everyone is yelling over the red card. You can see that Del Horno is not going after the ball but instead aims for Messi. Not a clear red card but it's not strange that it's being called since Messi would have gotten a nice chance at goal if he wasn't mauled like that.

Just a few minutes earlier Del Horno impales Messis knee with his studs and that in itself could have been awarded a red card. Instead the ref let's it go.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:54 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:AC Milan through....Away goal, although not a certainty.

Lyon through........Away goal and a strong team.

Inter Through ......Two away goals

Juventus through .....2 away goals with home leg to go.

LFC Through...with help of the 12th man! Benfica may score, but I think we will score more than two at Anfield! having said that..................er er er..

Barca Through...Chelsea may score at the nou camp, but I think Barca will too,, probably 4 or 5 !

Arsenal I think will score at Highbury and will outplay Madrid.

Villareal..

----------------------------------------------------------

Q. How do you keep someone with low intelligence busy for a coupe of hours?

A. See below
    See above

:p

Hustler.
115-1073096938

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:06 am

I don't understand why everyone is yelling over the red card. You can see that Del Horno is not going after the ball but instead aims for Messi. Not a clear red card but it's not strange that it's being called since Messi would have gotten a nice chance at goal if he wasn't mauled like that.

Just a few minutes earlier Del Horno impales Messis knee with his studs and that in itself could have been awarded a red card. Instead the ref let's it go.

Agreed. The hilariously biased commentators on Sky Sports failed to notice that. The ref should have red carded Del Horno for the dangerous tackle with the studs on the knee, and I think when he saw Del Horno shoulder charge Messi not long afterwards, he probably thought "Ok I cut this guy a break once, but now he's got to go".

Yeah, Messi made a meal of it, but who :censored: cares?

Jose has a short memory when it comes to players acting hurt just to get another player sent off. Bye Bye Chelsea!!!!

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion