Crazy results - First knockout round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby weringo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:56 am

As good as Messi is, I wouldn't want him on our team as I hate cheats, he would probably be too lightweight for the prem anyway
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:19 am

weringo wrote:As good as Messi is, I wouldn't want him on our team as I hate cheats, he would probably be too lightweight for the prem anyway

I don't like it either but did he really do anthing really bad this time? It was clearly a foul and I think it hurt quite a bit.

This is my thoughts about three of the most discussed incidents in the game.

The red card:
My first reaction to the red card was "WHAT just happened?!". I also see that Messi play acts and that in itself should have been awarded a yellow card but refs usually lets that go if it's in a combination with a real foul I think that is wrong though. Del Horno also play acted quite a bit in this situation. When I saw the replay I changed my mind and thought that it's quite harsh to hand out a red but it's not wrong because you can clearly see that Del Horno doesn't even attempt to go after the ball instead he goes for Messi. Messi would also have had a nice attempt to head towards the goal if he would have gone past Del Horno. Giving a straight red is debateable but when you also look at what Del Horno has done earlier in the game against Messi I think the red card is even more clear. The stud incident springs to mind which singlehandedly could have earned him a straight red or at least a yellow which would have added up with the yellow card he could have gotten in this incident if he wasn't handed the red. I think everyone watching the game would agree upon that Del Horno should have at least been awarded two yellows if it's wasn't for that red card that some people find debateable. A red card that could have been handed out on two occassions according to the rule book. Sending him off was a good decission by the judge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first PK incident
The most basic misstake most people make is to yell "handball!!!". There is no such thing but there is something called "handling the ball" and if you do that inside the penalty box it could result in a PK. In this case if Gerimi tries to protect his face then it's not a PK. This is totally up to the referee to decide and we may not agree. I need to look at the replays one more time to be sure but if he tries to protect his face then it's not a PK if it looks like he is not doing that then it's a PK. Anyone have footage of this? Almost impossible for a referee to make a good decission about a situation like this.

The second PK incident
Should not even be up to discussion since Terry basicly mauled Messi from the back to get to the ball. Anyone saying that this wasn't a PK is just being fanboy.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:19 am

I first noticed Messi in the World Youth Cup, and he was showing flashes of Maradona, not only was he consistent he has all the qualities to singlehandedly change a game. The reason why Barcelona is such a formidable team this season is partly due to the inclusion of him this season which forms the attacking trio of Ronaldinho, Eto and Messi. Its funny to see Mourinho talking trash to the press again guess he knew they stand no chance now.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:25 am

What goes around comes around eh Maureenio?
Maybe Messi did make a meal out od Del Horno's I don't know but perhaps he went to the Aryen Robben/Joe Cole school of diving! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby tel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:12 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sweet it is. Suck it up chelsea.

And they say there is no justice in football. Justice for Robben getting Reina sent off.

I loved watching every second of Maureen's post match interview. Bit ching about Messi acting. No mention of Robben acting 2 weeks ago dear girl. You just took it up the a s s you b itc h.
tel

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:02 am

And...Sabre...I reckon Puyol is an outstanding defender, maybe the most reliable rite now but...what do you think about Sergio Ramos? (apart from your anti-Madrid feeling of course    )

I'm antimadridist yeah, but that feeling is not politically biased as some of my Anoeta mates do, so I can still think with some clear mind. Indeed I've valued and respected some players of Madrid during his long story, for instance Juanito, who when one of our players died, he offered to play a memorial, Emilio Butragueño himself, who's one of the politest men I've seen over a pitch. Nowadays I like Casillas a lot, he's polite, respecful to be so young, and great keeper.

Of course, I hate Hierro and many c*nts that has been there :D

Sergio Ramos? He's in the correct way, but he has still a way to go to convince me. Many players are great the first season, and the second season is crappy, and then they're simple not that good. We're not talking about well tested player like Puyol through out the seasons here. But of course, the lad seems to be very good. But tbh, I haven't seen enough for him, ask me next year when I see him in Anoeta again.

Pah, this EL RONDO (MOTD) program is utter cráp  eh?, Estudio Estadio used to do decent reports of matches, now some idiots (that's the kind of idiot that makes Real Madrid annoying in Spain Huck) talk about Madrid and Barcelona without having a clue of football.

BTW, what position is he playing right now? midfield? defence? what! The lass seem class precisely because he can play some positions, being so young and in a huge team, and I've seen some very good details from him, but as I say, I need to see him more in Anoeta, not in TV .

Oh and needless to say Messi is out of reach, not only for us but anybody. Surprisingly enough until december he didn't play much and Bakero, our director of football (the one who does signings) wanted him on loan for Real Socieddad (if only). Apparently the Bar$a board was ready to do that but Rijkaard said a big NO. I can't blame him.

Oh and I hope people stop talking about he's the next Maradona. Everytime somebody starts to say he's the next Zidane, the next Figo, the next Baresi, my blood boils :angry: do they think they make him a favour him comparing to the best player of all times? Pah. Besides, it seems to me they have different styles and particularities, so Messi will be Messi. Leave Maradona alone.

Rijkaard is the kind of coach that could make shítski real dangerous, not Mourinho, he'll never win the CL. Never. In that sense, I hope he's there many years.

Cheers.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:29 am

Sabre wrote:

not Mourinho, he'll never win the CL. Never. In that sense, I hope he's there many years.

Cheers.[/quote]
didnt he win the CL with porto ??

sabre, me ole mucka, how could you miss that one  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:33 am

Yes he won it, I didn't miss that you footy knowledge encyclopedia with legs :D , but you know , lottery is awarded once in a life, if lucky. A Strike of fluke :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:25 am

Sabre wrote:Yes he won it, I didn't miss that you footy knowledge encyclopedia with legs :D , but you know , lottery is awarded once in a life, if lucky. A Strike of fluke :)

encyclopedia with legs, wtf  :D   :D   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Sabre wrote:Puyol did a great match too, the only top class spanish defender atm.

I think Puyol struggled a bit tbh and was lucky not to be sent off.
He was skinned twice that i can remember and seemed a bit clumsy last night, diving into challenges a bit....rather like the massively over-rated Carvalho.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Carvalho, noun: a cheating fuck, that meanders around like a lost penis with syphillis, being angry towards everyone, whilst maintaining a cool exterior, which tries to remain blameless, OR, a well hidden twat with flailing arms, that often leaves its mark of peoples faces (usually)

Mourinho: noun: bunch of sour grapes, or piles. A total gripe, moronic whinger of astronomical ability.

Chelsea FC: noun: bunch of talentless wasters, who sometimes score own goals, but blame something called offside

source: oxford english dictionary

:p  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:42 pm

now some idiots (that's the kind of idiot that makes Real Madrid annoying in Spain Huck) talk about Madrid and Barcelona without having a clue of football.[quote]

Totally agree Sabre...being a Real Madrid supporter (fanatic I´d better say) I feel ashamed everytime I read things from, for instance, Tomas Roncero (taht´s only one of them)...and my personal struggle is to try people not to be against the team (I´ve said the team...not the board) just because some cunnts say this kind of shhit about.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby barnesrush » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:43 pm

as far as i could tell when messi was rolling around, it seemed as if robben was the player most infuriated by his play acting. as earl will tell ya arjen, thats karma :D :angry:
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:00 pm

I feel ashamed everytime I read things from, for instance, Tomas Roncero (taht´s only one of them)

Hah! And our mates complain about Andy Gray, I'd love a Trekky universal translator existed so that Lando could give his insight about that c*nt. He was one of the básts that invented the "galacticos" hype. I can't stand him. And about the SER, don't even mention HIpólito Rincón, the thick bástard: I've seen how a blatant diving was conceded as a penalty, and he still said "well conceded". :angry:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:14 pm

barnesrush wrote:as far as i could tell when messi was rolling around, it seemed as if robben was the player most infuriated by his play acting. as earl will tell ya arjen, thats karma :D :angry:

Karma - Maybe Robben should make a book lol. In fact Chelsea should make a book. 

1)Offer Arsenal William Gallas for free, due to them making Arsenal lose Ashley Cole soon. Wenger would love im - he's french.

2) Give West Ham Johnston, Cole and Fat Lampard back - fairs fair.

3) Roman gives all 20 Premiership teams 300m to even things out.

4) Offer Liverpool JT and tell him he has to go, then change mind , then tell him to go again, change mind -lol
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion