Crazy horse - Our emlyn

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:41 pm

I'm sure every fan here would wish to join me in expressing our best wishes to Emlyn Hughes in his fight against cancer.  He was a wonderful servant to Liverpool and is a true gentleman. 

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at the moment.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby ROBtheRED » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:08 pm

GET WELL SOON EMLYN!  IF HE FIGHTS THIS BATTLE WITH THE DETERMINATION HE DISPLAYED ON THE FOOTBALL PITCH HE'LL SOON BE BETTER.  MY BEST WISHES GO TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY.
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:40 pm

I'd like to join in and wish 'EM' all the best and hope he fights through this latest difficulty just like he has done in the past.
I remember him signing from Blackpool in 1966 and Shanks said he wouldn't go back to Blackpool for another ten years in case they ran him out of town for theft.
He thought the 65 grand paid for Emyln was daylight robbery considering his potential. Shanks was right of course and Crazy went on to captain Liverpool and England in a great career.
Keep fighting boy, best wishes from us all.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion