Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:14 am

Dalglish wrote:emotions are running high I know but MO is quite simply world class IMO

Yes...well, thats the thing is'nt it?your opinion, in my opinion, is wrong. My opinion seems to match at least some others, probably the same way yours does, however, Madrid took owen then referred to him as a "Plastic Galactico"(priceless)
If we take him back so he can warm up for England matches again....well.....ah f.uckit, we already appear to have done so!
Gerrard, prepare for a nosh
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:14 am

Well said everyone, I think we're all singing off the same hymn sheet here.
I just cant' wait for the 1st September so all of this nonsense is resolved.
Rafa is sure a cagey customer. I thought he well wanted Gerrard out, but it was proved not to be the case. It could be the same with Cisse.
Anyhow, just a few more days to go of guessing, then we can all sleep more easily.
In the case of Riise v Zenden, then Rafa has made it clear that he wants two quality players for each position, so don't read too much into it. Remember, it's a long hard season for us this year - we've already played nine games - when most others have only played three.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:14 am

Good post Luke.

My choice would be Michael Owen, Cisse and A.N.Other but with the similarities between Owen and Cisse it's going to come down to a straight choice between the two and i think we all know whose been chosen !!!

I've never understood why Rafa shelled out 7M for Crouch. Don't get me wrong, I think the lads OK but it would appear to be that this is a token gesture from Rafa buying an English Striker (at an over inflated price mind you) whilst att he same time allowing Englands best striker (Michael Owen) in Spain !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:15 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Dalglish wrote::p I've had a few too Tim but I've discovered it helps me be more eloquent on here :laugh:

:laugh:

you must be drunk to be coming out with words such as "eloquent". :D

eloqent doesnt work here Ian :censored: off :D

Charming  ???

:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:15 am

The Magician wrote:Kingofthegreen it is a bit harsh calling Rafa a fat :censored:. I agree with you though he shouldnt even be thinking about selling Cisse because i think he will score a few goals for us this season if he is played up front and not on the right wing.

How about Chubby then? ???  :D

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:17 am

the thing with owen is, i don't buy into all this "his allround game isn't that good" baloney. at the end of the day, put your goals on the table as a striker and that's all that counts for me.

158 in 297 games says it all.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:17 am

neil wrote:
Dalglish wrote:emotions are running high I know but MO is quite simply world class IMO

Yes...well, thats the thing is'nt it?your opinion, in my opinion, is wrong. My opinion seems to match at least some others, probably the same way yours does, however, Madrid took owen then referred to him as a "Plastic Galactico"(priceless)
If we take him back so he can warm up for England matches again....well.....ah f.uckit, we already appear to have done so!
Gerrard, prepare for a nosh

Whats the old adage ....... Football is a game played between 22 players and 40,00 referees !

Opinions are cheap but GOALS are priceless and if you would rather take Real Madrids opinion of MO over what you have witnessed from him in a  Liverpool shirt then so be it  :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:18 am

We defo got robbed with Crouch, I was all for his signing as a good backup striker who would provide a useful variation, but it should have been 5MIL max, and that is streching it.

The thing is Cisse and Owen play a similar game, but Owen is 10 times better at it and has other team qualities that Cisse doent. Cisse seems like a great guy and he is commited to th club but quiet simply he is not as good as Owen and there isnt space for both of them, even if Moro leaves.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:18 am

The problem is Rafa wants to get this system working with 4-4-1 but I am afraid we dont have the right players to play like this.
We have no world class defenders, we have 2 world class midfielders and we have an ex world class striker.
He has to change his system we could not score against Bor for all our chances, nor could we score against Sunderland, we have an awful busy sqeduel in september.
Just keep Cisse and bring Owen back ffs, Cisse was going to be bought anyway when MO was here.
The deadwoods wage has almost gone apart from Diao.
Euro Champs and we havent bought one world class player.
Give me a break.
If we want to compete then Owen and Cisse upfront are not expensive TBH. They would cost as much as Drogba.
Morientes can go.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:20 am

cisse has to stay definetly morientes has to go and owen has to come
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:21 am

.. umm rumour that Cisse is leaving, all to do with them basket in France trying to unsettle the situation following the constant speculation over .. MO.. Cisse ain't goin no where .. clam down be happy we just won a cup.. :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:21 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The problem is Rafa wants to get this system working with 4-4-1 but I am afraid we dont have the right players to play like this.
We have no world class defenders, we have 2 world class midfielders and we have an ex world class striker.
He has to change his system we could not score against Bor for all our chances, nor could we score against Sunderland, we have an awful busy sqeduel in september.
Just keep Cisse and bring Owen back ffs, Cisse was going to be bought anyway when MO was here.
The deadwoods wage has almost gone apart from Diao.
Euro Champs and we havent bought one world class player.
Give me a break.
If we want to compete then Owen and Cisse upfront are not expensive TBH. They would cost as much as Drogba.
Morientes can go.

cigs you must be p!ssed, no world class defenders?  ???  I think you've made a glaringly obvious omission there
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:22 am

Seems to me like its a done deal. Im just delighted we won tonight-especially for the manc fans who said if we played like we did against sofia -we would get chinned.  :blush: we did and still won yeehaa! And remember this -its a sign of a good team..plays bad and still wins  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:23 am

For me Riise and Zenden are solid on the left without being spectacular, and that will do FOR NOW. But we need someone top notch for the right hand side. Stelios and Solano are decent players and I wouldent mind if one of them came, but only if they came as back up to a new right midfielder. I hope that Rafa has something special up his sleave for the the right hand side, we need use most our resources for this postion.

Im not to worried about Riise and Zenden, like I said they are solid and will do for now. But I want to see 2 right sided midfielders come in, and one of them has to be something special.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:24 am

Bottom line - 4-4-1 isn't going to work unless we have two top class wide players.

Zenden's not beating people on the left to get crosses in, and I don't actually know who our current first choice right winger is. Any one of Garcia, Finnan, Cisse, Pongolle or Potter really, none of which are up to the job as a permanent solution.

I know he likes that formation, and I can totally see his thinking in bringing in Morientes and Crouch to facilitate it, but we're so narrow in the opposition's half at times that we will get absolutely crucified this season if we stick with it.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion