Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:54 pm

Dalglish wrote:Why are people talking about Zenden as somehow a reason to keep Cisse ? ???  I'm confused !!!! :D

??? Erm because Risse has voiced his concerns over getting shipped out and hasnt had his contract renewed ???  :D
Zenden or Risse erm thats a toughy, let me think..........Risse all the way :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:56 pm

This is a cut throat business people.

If we had neither Cisse or Owen and both were aviable at the same price and we had a striker vacancy, which player would you choose? Owen everytime for me.

I agree that Morientes wont cut it in the EPL and needs to play in a tecnically excellent team with good movement. The EPL is simply to aggressive for him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Why are people talking about Zenden as somehow a reason to keep Cisse   I'm confused !!!! :D
Erm because Risse has voiced his concerns over getting shipped out and hasnt had his contract renewed ???  :D
Zenden or Risse erm thats a toughy, let me think..........Risse all the way :buttrock

Not exactly a tough choice that one Lyns. It's like choosing between Michael Owen and Crouch   :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Dalglish wrote:
Rowens2 wrote:Cisse obviously loves the club - he seemed a bit emotional in the interview after the game, don't you think ?

I love the Club. Does that mean I deserve a Run out ?  :Oo:

The good old days when Players and Clubs alike afford each other a bit of respect and loyalty are long gone my friend and Cisse is about to find out that for himself.

Like I said in previous posts in this thread I'm sad that is the case but it is what happens when you allow money to rule the game  :oops:

point taken but if you have a top class player who loves the club, it should make a big difference (sorry mate, I'm  assuming you aren't actually Dalglish of course  :) ) After Carra and Gerrard, do you think there's anyone in the 1st team squad who loves the club more than Cisse?
neilE

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:58 pm

anyone who gets married in a red suit deserves to stay at the club. :D

man i'm so pi$$ed  :D  :eyebrow  :laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:00 am

:p I've had a few too Tim but I've discovered it helps me be more eloquent on here :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:01 am

CoolHandLuke, ive said all along that moro wont make it in the prem, i got grilled for that aswell, i know im right though as i always am!
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:01 am

[quote="stmichael"]anyone who gets married in a red suit deserves to stay at the club.

man i'm so pi$$ed  :D  :eyebrow quote]
Are ya ???  well p*ss off you didnt even than us for yer cake,  :glare:

:D
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:02 am

I think I'll drink more before I post in future too!
neilE

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:04 am

neilE wrote:
Dalglish wrote:
Rowens2 wrote:Cisse obviously loves the club - he seemed a bit emotional in the interview after the game, don't you think ?

I love the Club. Does that mean I deserve a Run out ?  :Oo:

The good old days when Players and Clubs alike afford each other a bit of respect and loyalty are long gone my friend and Cisse is about to find out that for himself.

Like I said in previous posts in this thread I'm sad that is the case but it is what happens when you allow money to rule the game  :oops:

point taken but if you have a top class player who loves the club, it should make a big difference (sorry mate, I'm  assuming you aren't actually Dalglish of course  :) ) After Carra and Gerrard, do you think there's anyone in the 1st team squad who loves the club more than Cisse?

Carra , Didi, and JAR love the club more than anyone.
And for JAR to speak them words today it really has me worried whats in stall for our club TBH.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:08 am

Dalglish wrote: :p I've had a few too Tim but I've discovered it helps me be more eloquent on here :laugh:

:laugh:

you must be drunk to be coming out with words such as "eloquent". :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:10 am

Most teams have three established senior strikers and one who is a more junior prospect:

Chelsea: Drogba, Crespo, Gudjohnson and Carlton Cole

Arseanl: Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes and Van Persie

Man Utd: Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Saha, and they had Bellion, maybe they will use Rossi as there 4th striker (Smith don’t play as a striker anymore, Solsjkaer's career is finished by the looks of it and he seemed to be playing on the right wing much more before he got injured, even Saha looks as though he will leave in the next year).

My point is that you need 3 senior strikers and 1 'junior' striker. It is not desirable to have 4 strikers that expect to be in the team every week.

Crouch definitely has one of these positions. Although I don’t agree with it, Morientes has another, and it is a straight choice between Cisse and Owen. Personally I would like to see Pongolle go out on loan (preferably in the Premiership), because he will only improve by playing regular first team football. And I say we keep Mellor for 1 more year as our 4th striker, he will be useful in the reserve team as well as we don’t seem to have anyone who can score goals.

If we had the money and it was achievable, I would have liked to see this:

Dirk Kuyt, Crouch, Owen, and Mellor (Morientes, Cisse sold, and Pongolle out on loan).

But it looks as though we will get:

Crouch, Morientes, Cisse/Owen and Pongolle

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:10 am

I have my moments :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Magician » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:10 am

Kingofthegreen it is a bit harsh calling Rafa a fat :censored:. I agree with you though he shouldnt even be thinking about selling Cisse because i think he will score a few goals for us this season if he is played up front and not on the right wing.
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:10 am

stmichael wrote:
Dalglish wrote::p I've had a few too Tim but I've discovered it helps me be more eloquent on here :laugh:

:laugh:

you must be drunk to be coming out with words such as "eloquent". :D

eloqent doesnt work here Ian :censored: off :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion