Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:42 pm

oOShrimpyOo wrote:ive always said CGGY that zenden is an average player and does an average job, hes rubbish, although he played at LB alot of the game 2nite i dont rate him at all, we should play warnock at LB and risse LM and let them establish a decent partnership, as warnock can make some decent runs going forward and risse can slot in behind him and cover, warnock the next ashley cole for me.

zenden was pretty damn poor the minute he arrived at chelsea from barca. i have to say i wasn't in the slightest bit excited at signing him :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:43 pm

You know what p*ssed me off tonight JAR talking to the echo fearing for his place since Zenden came in, I thought WTF.
Zenden is sh*t on the wing, he scored goals from midfield for Boro thats why he was there best player before he left.
Well sorry Bowdewijn all our midfield places are taken.
Anyone up for a picket?
Because I want to go to melwood and tell rafa Morientes out im afraid.
if Morientes stays and cisse goes there will be murder. :angry:  :angry:
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rowens2 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:43 pm

Cisse obviously loves the club - he seemed a bit emotional in the interview after the game, don't you think ?
Rowens2

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:44 pm

And a choice I happen to agree with as I believe MO is despite Cisse's bravery to fight back after injury and his  performance tonight. No offence intended to anyone and emotions are running high I know but MO is quite simply world class IMO

:)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:46 pm

Why are people talking about Zenden as somehow a reason to keep Cisse ? ???  I'm confused !!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:46 pm

i remember when i first stated that zenden was :censored: after our second game and i got grilled for it on here!! "oh give our new signings a chance its only been 2 games" now look i was :censored: right all along, so it seems with alot of your opinions ive read so far, now when i make a statement dont argue with me because i know i always right  :nod
oOShrimpyOo

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:48 pm

well dalglish like alot of the threads on here they go off topic, im not sure, so lets get back on topic KEEEEP CISSE!!!!
oOShrimpyOo

Postby dosserboy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:48 pm

Who says Cisse is leaving? Everybody just assumes he is! I do not think he will! we need 4 strikers: Cisse, Owen, Crouch and Moro!!
dosserboy

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:49 pm

CL cash = (approx) £20m
+ Baros = £6.5m
+ Diarra = £2m

- Crouch = £7m
- Reina = £6m
- Sissoko = £5.5m
- Hobbs = 0.75m

= £9.25m

Plus obviously we've got rid of dead wood off the wage bill which has doubtless saved us a packet.

One thing's for sure, Bolton clearly got a steal with the Diouf deal. I'm starting to wonder if the fee involved there was more than £1.5m, as if not we wouldn't be struggling to scratch together, what, £5m? to enable us to buy Owen for £10mish and a couple of bargains for RW and CB. And surely we can get a few quid offloading the now-apparently-fit Kewell and Diao?

Cisse must, must stay. He's a fan favourite, and has done absolutely nothing wrong in a red shirt. Tonight shows what he brings to the team - it's like putting a lit firework in the opposition half. Yes, he's inconsistent and unpredictable, but for me his highs for us have been several leagues ahead of the performances of Morientes. If we're talking about getting rid of someone signed last year to fund a deal for Owen, you have to look seriously at Mori for me, as we simply aren't seeing the player that was advertised.

I really don't get why money is suddenly a problem for us. If Parry is so determined to bring Owen home, just throw a bit of money from the trouser pocket into the mix and make it happen. Taking Cisse out of the squad would be a backward move, and there'd be absolute uproar among the fans. The sale of Baros has been accepted because the guy had attitude problems and didn't always do the business when he had his chance. Cisse has precisely the right attitude and has shown on a few occasions recently that he can step up when needed and make things happen for the team. Give him a season and judge him on that, but we've not even had four months to look at him yet.

Last year showed we needed depth and a real pool of quality up front, and to even be talking about getting rid of him just makes no sense whatsoever to me.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:49 pm

Dalglish wrote:And a choice I happen to agree with as I believe MO is despite Cisse's bravery to fight back after injury and his  performance tonight. No offence intended to anyone and emotions are running high I know but MO is quite simply world class IMO

yes MO is world class Ian, but Morientes is not going to cut it at Liverpool.
Owen can link up with Crouch and cise, Pongolle, but Morientes is to dozy and will be a total flop.
I think we should get rid now.
And keep Cisse, if our board cant aford to pay the wages of 2 strikers worth 30 million then, it is going to be an awful long time before we can win our domestic cup the prem. IMO
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:50 pm

my only hope is that we can find a decent right winger and get zenden or riise firing in quality crosses for morientes to get on the end of, until then i think we can't give morientes his final judgement

as for cisse vs owen i think owen is more likely to score a shed load of goals but does he have rafa's "mentality"? I don't think he does, he has never played for liverpool, he's only ever played for michael owen plc and that could be potentially damaging for the team as a whole. i would like to see him back, but not at the expense of cisse
Last edited by Woollyback on Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:50 pm

oOShrimpyOo wrote:i remember when i first stated that zenden was :censored: after our second game and i got grilled for it on here!! "oh give our new signings a chance its only been 2 games" now look i was :censored: right all along, so it seems with alot of your opinions ive read so far, now when i make a statement dont argue with me because i know i always right  :nod

read the 1st line and decided I would argue with you - but then saw the last sentence  :laugh:
neilE

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:51 pm

Rowens2 wrote:Cisse obviously loves the club - he seemed a bit emotional in the interview after the game, don't you think ?

I love the Club. Does that mean I deserve a Run out ?  :Oo:

The good old days when Players and Clubs alike afford each other a bit of respect and loyalty are long gone my friend and Cisse is about to find out that for himself.

Like I said in previous posts in this thread I'm sad that is the case but it is what happens when you allow money to rule the game  :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bring_back_biscan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:54 pm

i think everybdy thinks he's going because Benitez doesn't come out and just say he's going nowhere. He talked the same with the Baros situation.
bring_back_biscan

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:54 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Dalglish wrote:And a choice I happen to agree with as I believe MO is despite Cisse's bravery to fight back after injury and his  performance tonight. No offence intended to anyone and emotions are running high I know but MO is quite simply world class IMO

yes MO is world class Ian, but Morientes is not going to cut it at Liverpool.
Owen can link up with Crouch and cise, Pongolle, but Morientes is to dozy and will be a total flop.
I think we should get rid now.
And keep Cisse, if our board cant aford to pay the wages of 2 strikers worth 30 million then, it is going to be an awful long time before we can win our domestic cup the prem. IMO

Hi Lyns, I hear what your saying hun but it's a sad reality in this money obsessed and driven game that Morientes wouldn't muster a third of the money that Cisse will.

As i said in the thread I don't agree with it and i don't like it but it's what we have come to my friend  :sniffle
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion