Cisse's no1 - Benitez "we need cisse next term"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:07 pm

Rafa Benitez strongly hinted at a rift with Milan Baros & other first teamers after claiming "I've not seen as much willpower in some of our fit players & compared to Djibrill Cisse they are not men". Cisse, who started running this week has stated that Benitez has told him next season he'll be the linch-pin a the new look Liverpool attack. Many supporters think that Benitez will sell Baros along with Kewell, Smicer & Hamman in the summer to fund the purchase of more squad players with "the right mentality for a hard fought season", Benitez has told reporters that some players on Liverpool books are more interested in the money than the club & he is determined to replace at least five players in the summer.
spiralstairs00

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:11 pm

as soon as u say 'more interested in money than the club' everyone knows who he is talking about

kewell :glare:
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby azriahmad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:27 pm

Smicer will be out of contract and he is such a lightweight pr!ck and is already 31 or 32. Who will want to buy him?

Baros, I am not sure but I don't see him being the main striker to bang in goals by the dozen because he does not seem the very prolific type. Benithez maybe also trying to give a lot of encouragement for Cisse as he is after all Liverpool's record signing. After investing so much to buy him, you'd surely hope and work hard with him to get the most out of him. I am still not convinced of Cisse's suitability to lead the attack.

Morrientes should be a first team regular but as to who to play alongside him, is still not clear.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:32 pm

Hamman??? No way. He is essential for the team. Even with both Gerrard and Alonso as our centre midfielders, we need cover for our back for in its current state. Unless we get a pacey centre back, Didi is vital. I reckon we should play Gerrard - Hamman or Alonso - Hamman even if both are fit.

If Rafa is a smart guy, he won't sell Didi
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:35 pm

spiralstairs00 wrote:Rafa Benitez strongly hinted at a rift with Milan Baros & other first teamers after claiming "I've not seen as much willpower in some of our fit players & compared to Djibrill Cisse they are not men". Cisse, who started running this week has stated that Benitez has told him next season he'll be the linch-pin a the new look Liverpool attack. Many supporters think that Benitez will sell Baros along with Kewell, Smicer & Hamman in the summer to fund the purchase of more squad players with "the right mentality for a hard fought season", Benitez has told reporters that some players on Liverpool books are more interested in the money than the club & he is determined to replace at least five players in the summer.

What is the source of this load of ****** ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:41 pm

pure conjecture from the ministry of 2+2 = 5  is th source of this "information"
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:45 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:Hamman??? No way. He is essential for the team. Even with both Gerrard and Alonso as our centre midfielders, we need cover for our back for in its current state. Unless we get a pacey centre back, Didi is vital. I reckon we should play Gerrard - Hamman or Alonso - Hamman even if both are fit.

If Rafa is a smart guy, he won't sell Didi

We shouldn't need cover for the defence.  If we had a good quick left-sided centre half to partner Carra, we wouldn't need Hamman.  Remember Hamman is over 30 now, and has lost some of his edge.  We need to build the team for the future, not settling for bandaging the team up to make do.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:51 pm

More nonsenical made up rubbish from an idiot who has nothing better to do than make rumours up and claim he's got a great source.

Grow up you tool.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:54 pm

Hamman should stay one more season, hes been great for Liverpool since the day we bought him, and I will be a bit upset when he leaves :(
And spiral you havent got a clue, you get a wiff of a rumour and then start a topic about it on here.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:25 pm

More budgie cage litter
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:27 pm

laza wrote:More budgie cage litter

:laugh: you make me laff Laza :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:53 pm

spiralstairs00 wrote:Rafa Benitez strongly hinted at a rift with Milan Baros & other first teamers after claiming "I've not seen as much willpower in some of our fit players & compared to Djibrill Cisse they are not men".

Yeah.
"Rafael Benitez claimed today that he likes the intimacy of team baths and has spoken to groundstaff about removing individual shower units. 'It's good to be around real men', he said.

He is also considering the vacant assistant manger's job at Partick Thistle."
haps

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:54 pm

haps wrote:Rafael Benitez claimed today that he likes the intimacy of team baths and has spoken to groundstaff about removing individual shower units. 'It's good to be around real men', he said.

lmao  :D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby L-type » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:42 am

You guys are misnterpreting it.  The way I'm seeing it as that Cisse is working his ****** off in rehab, while players like Kewell want to stay "injured"  Thus cisse is a real man while Kewell is a playboy
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:15 am

True its proberly just to give players like Kewell a kick up the backside and saying he will make changes next season but he has said many times he is happy with the current squad and will proberly want to bring in more players rather than sell to many the only players i think we should sell is:
Smicer.
Diao.
Diouf.
Cheyrou.
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion