Cisse - Cisse denies rafa rift

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:49 pm

Djibril Cisse has insisted he always had a very good relationship with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

Cisse completed a permanent move to Marseille earlier this summer, after spending last season on loan at the French club.

The transfer was a somewhat protracted affair, but Cisse insists he still departed Liverpool on good terms with Benitez.

"I expected a small battle with Liverpool," he told France Football.

"It went off smoothly but we had to be persuasive. Liverpool wanted to defend their interests, as did Marseille.

"With Benitez, we had some talks to clear the air, but our relationship has always been very courteous.

"Benitez is a great coach and has already proved it, even if I was not part of his plans."

Cisse was tracked by a number of clubs in England and Spain before joining Marseille, but he did not consider any of the other options.

He explained: "The contacts with Bolton, West Ham, Manchester City, Portsmouth and Atletico Madrid? I told my agent to thank a lot those clubs, but those teams didn't match my career path, not at 26-years-old."

Cisse added: "In the Champions League? I would like to play Liverpool. I would like to tease them at Anfield."
puroresu

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:20 pm

jimterested
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:54 pm

tease them at Anfield. :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby mikopool » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Good lad Djib, I am sure he wouldn't taunt us like he did with other teams when playing for us.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby RedBlood » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:11 pm

tease us looool

what with his close control and skill looooooooool
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion