Stay where you are cisse! - We've got baros.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:05 am

so baros has scored in every match for the czech republic in euro 04 including 2 tonight against denmark. Just shows you what he is capable of when he gets his chance. And WHY now should the club go and spend 14mil on Cisse. I know michael owen will come back t form next season and with baros on class form, who needs cisse? I know we've all been eagerly awaiting his arrival, but it could trigger the departure of one of two players that i am not keen on seeing leaving liverpool to say the release. The manager's got a major decision to make here.
So what will he do: keep all three, don't buy cisse or let one of the other two go...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:15 am

If you have owen in the squad, you HAVE TO grant him 2 months mandatory leave every season (not after the season, but during). So we should keep all 3 of them (what with the rumours of sinama pongolle going to bolton for a season loan or something).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:24 am

i wish that were possible, but how can you keep 3 strikers who want first team football happy. the easiest answer is to get rid of owen cos of his injury proneness, but how can we let go someone whose served the club so well go. if sinama leaves, mellor has turned down a loan move to crewe so that he can try his luck with the new manager so maybe he can fill in for owen! i'm gettin tired trying ti figure a solution to this one so i'm off to bed
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:09 am

Cisse must come and the rest will stay put.

Beni will select the 2 who shows the best form, the desire to play as a team and the one who doesn't miss when given the appropriate chances. Those outta form will regain them back playing reserves or cup ties.

If Owen gets injured again during that same 2 months he's been taking, I suggest that we change his legs. You'll dun even get to have flu during the same period for consecutive years.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:06 pm

cisse is just what we need, a powerfull no nonsense striker
clint

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:09 pm

well he'll be unveiled at a press conference on thursday! :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:11 pm

I think Cisse will be good for us, he is a big strong player with good skill who will score goals, he can't be that bad to be the highest scorer in the french league 3 seasons on the trot, basically everything Heskey wasn't....... GOOD  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:14 pm

lol thats it he cant be any worse than hesky
clint

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:54 pm

Stapo am I hearing you right, you are saying that we should only have two top class strikers on the books.

Get real lad will you, we should have four first team ability forwards at all times, and select the best two or three from them to play. You will never get anywhere with two forwards.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:48 pm

i'd wanna keep all 3 of them, but you cant keep all three happy cos you have to drop one of them and a rotation system is out of question. if we keep 2, then players like mellor and sinama can fill in the injury gaps.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jprw » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:15 pm

The fact that Cisse has been the top goalscorer in the French league for three seasons in a row should have Liverpool in its present situation jumping through hoops to sign him. I'm going to say something and it may sound blasphemous but, we should let Michael Owen go - not only is he injury prone but also inconsistent. We can only win the big one with consistent strikers players like Van Nistelroy and Henry. That is the reality of the situation, and the most sensible course for Liverpool FC now is to let Cisse and Baros have their chance, with Mellor and Sinama as back up. P.S. What a fantastic gesture of loyalty from Gerrard
"Swiftness of movement and thought required" - Barry Davies just before the golden goal was scored in the 2001 Uefa Cup Final

So what if they don't give him a knighthood - he's King Kenny
jprw

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:29 pm

Get real, we need 4 strikers which is very important for the squad,

Of course Cisse will be coming to Anfield on Thursday, you should be very exciting that he is coming. He is VERY GOOD player, you will wet yourself when you see him playing for the Reds, just wait and see in August. You will probably say in August...."Thanks God we've got Cisse!!"
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jprw » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:31 pm

Yes, clearly Cisse has got to be a move in thr right direction. But Michael really looks too lacklustre these days.
"Swiftness of movement and thought required" - Barry Davies just before the golden goal was scored in the 2001 Uefa Cup Final

So what if they don't give him a knighthood - he's King Kenny
jprw

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:39 pm

so baros has scored in every match for the czech republic in euro 04 including 2 tonight against denmark. Just shows you what he is capable of when he gets his chance. And WHY now should the club go and spend 14mil on Cisse. I know michael owen will come back t form next season and with baros on class form, who needs cisse? I know we've all been eagerly awaiting his arrival, but it could trigger the departure of one of two players that i am not keen on seeing leaving liverpool to say the release. The manager's got a major decision to make here.
So what will he do: keep all three, don't buy cisse or let one of the other two go...

Firstly you need 4 quality strikers. We have Baros, Owen and Cisse with Pongolle and Mellor in emergancies. That a bare ****** minimum.

Secondly, theres no room for sentiment in bein successful. Owen and Cisse are better players than Baros. Baros is a damn good player, but the other guys are better. Simple as that. He'll get his fair share of games and i think Baros and Cisse will both get around 15 goals with Owen scoring about 25 or so.

i'd wanna keep all 3 of them, but you cant keep all three happy cos you have to drop one of them and a rotation system is out of question. if we keep 2, then players like mellor and sinama can fill in the injury gaps.

Right so what if like this season Baros gets injured for 6 months and Michael is out for 3 at the same time.... then what? Mellor and Pongolle upfront? Get real. Lad am not bein funny but you're talkin out of your ******. Sheringham, Solskjaer, Yorke and Cole... thats 4 innit? Thats we need must aim to be better than.

not only is he injury prone but also inconsistent. We can only win the big one with consistent strikers players like Van Nistelroy and Henry. That is the reality of the situation, and the most sensible course for Liverpool FC now is to let Cisse and Baros have their chance, with Mellor and Sinama as back up

Complete ******. See above.
115-1073096938

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:40 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:Of course Cisse will be coming to Anfield on Thursday, you should be very exciting that he is coming. He is VERY GOOD player, you will wet yourself when you see him playing for the Reds, just wait and see in August. You will probably say in August...."Thanks God we've got Cisse!!"

Having watch him played (abide in the French league), I am very excited by the prospect of Cisse leading our front line. Whether he will click with Baros or Owen remained to be seen but Cisse's raw speed and powerful run will no doubt see some Premiership defenders shitting in their own pants
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion