Stay where you are cisse! - We've got baros.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:49 pm

i think Baros and Cisse will both get around 15 goals with Owen scoring about 25 or so.

our supply line will be the key...with the set of midfielders we had last season, Owen will be lucky to get half of this.

oh and Stu, I do bet Owen will bounce back but it's time to accept that there are other strikers playing in richer vein of form and Owen will never regain his pace and the killer instinct he had years ago. Still damm good by any standard but my first choice front two will be Cisse and Baros (unless thay are unable to play together).

Like you said...End of!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:02 pm

Judging by baros form , cisses potential and ability and owens bad form i would say that it is unlikely owen will get 25 goals.

What benitez has to do is try baros and cisse up front in the friendlies coming up next month.

Out of the three I think Owen will get the least amount of games and therefore the least amount of goals.

:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Jesus H Christ, what fookin planet are you people from.

Michael is better than both of those two put together, make no mistake.

Baros has a lot to learn and the jury is still out on Cisse in terms of English football.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:06 am

Owen is a great player but he has got to prove to the doubters that he can still do it, the main factor is can he stay fit cos if he can he is capable of scoring 25+ goals a season.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:30 am

He got 19 last season and 28 the season before despite having 2 poor seasons.

our supply line will be the key...with the set of midfielders we had last season, Owen will be lucky to get half of this.

oh and Stu, I do bet Owen will bounce back but it's time to accept that there are other strikers playing in richer vein of form and Owen will never regain his pace and the killer instinct he had years ago. Still damm good by any standard but my first choice front two will be Cisse and Baros (unless thay are unable to play together).

Like you said...End of!
Biggest heap of ****** i've ever read. Including that frube saying he's better than Danny Murphy and Micahel Ballack... well almost.

Owen may never regain his pace but he has far more to his game now. What makes you so sure he won't regain that killer instinct. You have short memory, he started this season in great form.

And yes for the millionth time Baros is in far greater form than Owen. Owen's form is abysmal at present. Baros is on top of his game. In fact this is the worst FORM of Owen's career. But as i say time and time again, form is temporary, class is permanent. Form can change at the click of a finger. Ability takes years to develope.

Owen is the better player by a country mile. Attend a few matches lad and watch them closely, you'll soon agree with the rest of the stadium. Owen simply oozes class. Baros doesn't. Owen has a pressence and stature, Baros doesn't. Baros is as i say a very good player. Owen is at least two classes above.

Leon goes to matches, he agree's, JohnBull goes to matches he agree's. The only people who think Baros should be in there ahead of Owen are the ones who either have no idea or don't go to games.

End Of.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:42 am

Hi Stu , As you well know I go to matches too and there's not a lot I disagree with in your evaluation and comparison of Owen and Baros.

What troubled me last season was the supply line to Owen. Great that Gerard's staying but unless Kewell suddendly finds his form and we buy a top quality right midfielder you have to wonder where the assists are going to come from . NO goals from set pieces whatsoever last season (unless you count penalties which we missed half !!!!) Very few goals from corners (Only one I remember was Hyppia's against Wolves in the last minute)

Hopefully Benitez will have them defending further up the pitch cos we looked so deep last season we invited teams onto us particularly after we went 1 goal up (Remind you of any team you have watched recently ?) ???

Owen's still class I agree but in Baros and now Cisse we have further goalscorers but need a more creative midfield 4 IMO

Walk on ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:24 am

Play Owen at right wing.  Problem solved
redspirit

Postby begintoend » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:02 am

Form is temporary, Scoring is necessary.

MO will not improve. Just needs to get that scoring feet back to work. I have never notice any class from MO. Cisse has no class. Baros has no class. As long as they score many many goals, who cares about class. Just like RVN.

Either Cisse, Owen or Baros, one of em gotta get 30+ next season. My prediction : Cisse
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:30 am

The positive thing of keeping 3 outstanding players in a squad is there will be a competitive atmosphere among the players. That's a good tricky situation to respond. The new manager "deserves" this challenging test case, specially if the manager needs something to prove.
If we only had two, and one of them got injured, you don't want to put too much burden on Pongolle.
So let's leave it as it is and hope for the best that the nature can give. :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:24 am

Agree. There will be enough matches for all 4 to contribute next season. The competitive nature among them will (hopefully) push them to outperform each other at a higher level.

Rafa has stated that he will rotate the players according to the situation. Noticed how difficult it is to beat Valencia at home last season? His team seems to play more agreesively at home. Hopefully that will make fortress Anfield feared once again.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 am

and with Cisse come a greater arial threat as we only Had Heskey and Sammi at set pieces and for all the hard work Heskey did he could barely find the net.
so he will start and the other two will be there to partner him.

I hope Michaels ego wount be too hurt at the possability of being a sub even when he is fully fit as that may not go down too well with him.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:55 pm

[quote]Owen is the better player by a country mile. Attend a few matches lad and watch them closely, you'll soon agree with the rest of the stadium. Owen simply oozes class. Baros doesn't. Owen has a pressence and stature, Baros doesn't. Baros is as i say a very good player. Owen is at least two classes above.

Im not for a moment going to say that Baros is a better player than Owen but to say Baros doesnt ooze the class Owen does is a bit harsh. Baros last season was still trying to establish himself in the team and didnt get much help from good old GH dropping him which as he has stated damaged his confidence. He probably was trying a bit too hard to impress and often tried to beat too many people.
I reckon given the same amount of games as Owen he will prove himself to be on a very similar level as him. (very high)

You just have to look at his international record: 21 goals in 29 games compared to Owens 26 in 60 games to see that apart from club level he is right on Owens tail and i believe he is where MO was a couple of seasons ago (form wise) at the same age.

If he was English im sure more people would have been screaming for him to play more last season.
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:07 pm

owen is a better player than baros, anyone can see that. baros' directness makes him look good but his all round game is not a patch on mikey. like stu the red said, owen has had diabolical service for liverpool in the last two seasons and still scored over 40 goals. he will be our top scorer again next season, put your money on it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fritzylfc » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:35 pm

rafa,s teams in the past have being very defensive , don,t be suprised to see one up front and a very attacking midfield  with overlapping fullbacks, then who would play the front man? :) :) :) :)
fritzylfc

Postby jimmyb » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:48 pm

I dont think you can get away with one man upfront in the prem,and with the calibre of owen, baros and cisse it would be foolish to try,maybe in european away games,I hope rafa doesnt fall into houlliers ways,ie drawing loads of games and being happy we never lost because i,d like to see some attacking football. its been quite a while since i seen any at anfield
jimmyb

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion