Bye bye plastic fans - Switch the light off on the way out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:21 am

Espionage wrote:I also do not like people either claim that because they are either Scouse, supported for 30 years, have more posts, have been to more games, etc.... that means they are right or their opinion is any better than anyone else's.

I dont care whether you have been supporting Liverpool for 30 years or since May, the main thing is do you love the club? will you stick with them?

Sorry pal but no scouser that supports Liverpool would ever jump ship and be a glory hunter, you are forgetting that the best club in English history is in Liverpool why would any of us support a club from another city when we have no reason to?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:37 am

Red wrote:JBG wrote..
You know the type: the guys who think Rafa was stupid to sell Baros,

OI OI hang on a minute i take that as a dig at me, because i mentioned somthing about "not understanding why Rafa sold Baros"

Listen mate every one on this forum is entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not what you wrote
,you have offended me becuase you say that i may have jumped on the band wagon cos we won the CL last may,

i am sick to the back teeth with people like you accusing people of being plastic fans since we won the CL last may. ok i joined last July not because Liverpool won the CL its because thats when i had the internet installed.

your not the only life long supporter of liverpool i have supported liverpool since i was 10, 19yrs ago, (work that out :p )and if i say that i thought baros was a decent player, then Baros in my eyes was a decent player and i still cant understand why Rafa sold him.

Like ciggy says above he can be no worse than the strikers we have now, and if Baros was with us now your telling me that you would pick Cisse, Moro and crouch over him??? if you say yes your a liar.

Rant over  :veryangry

I have never heard of you before in my life so what makes me think I'd dedicate an entire thread just for you?  :D

As for Baros, he was a limited player. Plenty of physical ability but along with Cisse one of the dumbest players (football intelligence wise) to pull on a Liverpool shirt. We've had plenty of strikers over the past 10 years, Baros isn't in Stan Collymore's league, let alone Fowler or Owen's.

As for Hustler, that internet freak only ever crawls out of his hole whenever there is a bad result.

As Leon and Stu rightfully said before, there is a difference between a supporter and a fan. I'm not the biggest Liverpool supporter here, but at least I'm a supporter.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby flombs » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:27 am

Its all well and good to say we shouldnt of sold Baros, in hindsite we are all master coaches and tacticians. Ive always thought to myself what if i was Benitez, then the thought of shitting my pants
passes by cause i dont think i could handle the pressure and critisism that he has to (i suppose a couple of million a season would help with buying the toilet paper :p ) Thats about what Benitez gets?
anyway all im trying to say is JBG hasnt said anything wrong in his opening post and i agree with it all the way from down under.Never been to a game (although i was close ) but i do get up all hrs of the nite to watch Liverpool. I havnt taken offence at all, i dont consider myself a bit part supporter, i do what i can and thats what matters.

YNWA
:buttrock
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:34 am

JBG wrote:
Red wrote:JBG wrote..

OI OI hang on a minute i take that as a dig at me, because i mentioned somthing about "not understanding why Rafa sold Baros"

Listen mate every one on this forum is entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not what you wrote
,you have offended me becuase you say that i may have jumped on the band wagon cos we won the CL last may,

i am sick to the back teeth with people like you accusing people of being plastic fans since we won the CL last may. ok i joined last July not because Liverpool won the CL its because thats when i had the internet installed.

your not the only life long supporter of liverpool i have supported liverpool since i was 10, 19yrs ago, (work that out :p )and if i say that i thought baros was a decent player, then Baros in my eyes was a decent player and i still cant understand why Rafa sold him.

Like ciggy says above he can be no worse than the strikers we have now, and if Baros was with us now your telling me that you would pick Cisse, Moro and crouch over him??? if you say yes your a liar.

Rant over  :veryangry

I have never heard of you before in my life so what makes me think I'd dedicate an entire thread just for you?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_scouser » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:29 am

JBG wrote:I hope that the silver lining to last night's result is that we'll lose a few of those bandwagoner fans that came out of the woodwork last May.

You know the type: the guys who think Rafa was stupid to sell Baros, that the board were nuts to let Owen go to Madrid for peanuts and then not re-sign him 12 months on at twice the money, the guys that think we are a rubbish team and that there are major problems blah blah blah.

People that have been fans of Liverpool for more than 5 minutes will understand that this is one of the most promising times we've been in for 15 or 16 years, and if people thought things are bad now, then they weren't about when it all went pear shaped under Souness, and such like.

Our great European adventure came to an end last night. It had to end somewhere. At halftime last May 25th, when we were 3-0 down, any one of us would happily have swapped being thrashed 4-0 by TNS in the first round of this years competition if we could come back against Milan and win, let alone going out to Benfica in the last 16.

And for those who say Benfica are a mickey mouse club, well, such is another sad indictment of a Sky Sports era football supporter. Benfica have had as proud a European history as most, and while their current side are not going to set the world alight, for me there is no shame in going out to a club that has such great heritage.

I've been reading many of the posts today and you'd swear we had just been relegated. I'm as disappointed as anybody, but one poor display doesn't mean the end is nigh. Its just part of sport, and even the great sides of the 1970s and 1980s had their bitter disappointments and setbacks.

The criticism of the team, for me, has gone way too far, which is perplexing, given that we are actually having one of our best seasons in years, in so far as we have been consistent and steady all year and real, genuine groundwork is being laid.

Winning the big trophy last year had the one downside in that it was always going to raise expectations to ridiculous levels, and last night's result has seen that particular chicken come home to roost.

I'm sick and tired of fair weather fans and this place has its fair share of them, and they come in the usual guise, although I'll refrain from getting into that.

The way I see it is that those who have gone completely over the top in their criticism betray their shallow natures as Liverpool  fans, as genuine long standing fans who had to endure the disappointment of every manager since Daglish will recognise the great thinks Rafa Benitez is doing for this club.

superb mate exactly what every scouser in liverpool are thinking, support your local team
kopite_scouser

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 am

JBG wrote:I hope that the silver lining to last night's result is that we'll lose a few of those bandwagoner fans that came out of the woodwork last May.

You know the type: the guys who think Rafa was stupid to sell Baros, that the board were nuts to let Owen go to Madrid for peanuts and then not re-sign him 12 months on at twice the money, the guys that think we are a rubbish team and that there are major problems blah blah blah.

People that have been fans of Liverpool for more than 5 minutes will understand that this is one of the most promising times we've been in for 15 or 16 years, and if people thought things are bad now, then they weren't about when it all went pear shaped under Souness, and such like.

Our great European adventure came to an end last night. It had to end somewhere. At halftime last May 25th, when we were 3-0 down, any one of us would happily have swapped being thrashed 4-0 by TNS in the first round of this years competition if we could come back against Milan and win, let alone going out to Benfica in the last 16.

And for those who say Benfica are a mickey mouse club, well, such is another sad indictment of a Sky Sports era football supporter. Benfica have had as proud a European history as most, and while their current side are not going to set the world alight, for me there is no shame in going out to a club that has such great heritage.

I've been reading many of the posts today and you'd swear we had just been relegated. I'm as disappointed as anybody, but one poor display doesn't mean the end is nigh. Its just part of sport, and even the great sides of the 1970s and 1980s had their bitter disappointments and setbacks.

The criticism of the team, for me, has gone way too far, which is perplexing, given that we are actually having one of our best seasons in years, in so far as we have been consistent and steady all year and real, genuine groundwork is being laid.

Winning the big trophy last year had the one downside in that it was always going to raise expectations to ridiculous levels, and last night's result has seen that particular chicken come home to roost.

I'm sick and tired of fair weather fans and this place has its fair share of them, and they come in the usual guise, although I'll refrain from getting into that.

The way I see it is that those who have gone completely over the top in their criticism betray their shallow natures as Liverpool  fans, as genuine long standing fans who had to endure the disappointment of every manager since Daglish will recognise the great thinks Rafa Benitez is doing for this club.

Absolutely.

The amount of times I've argued with some stupid b*stard over the Owen saga beggers belief!!!

We are in our best position for years, and but for Sh*tski's millions, we'd be challenging for the title.
People should remember that.  :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 am

kopite_scouser wrote:

superb mate exactly what every scouser in liverpool are thinking, support your local team

Bit strange then seeing that I'm an OOTER.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42 am

JohnBull wrote:So what do we all do - say "good try , but not good enough !" " I agree than Hamman and Fowler shouldn't have started" "I think that Morro WILL come good"  That Cisse will stop sulking and Kewell's going to grow balls. We've got room for one,maybe two, "luxury" players.

We are carrying four. (Pick Your Own )

Where are you after a victory, you spak?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:43 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
JohnBull wrote:So what do we all do - say "good try , but not good enough !" " I agree than Hamman and Fowler shouldn't have started" "I think that Morro WILL come good"  That Cisse will stop sulking and Kewell's going to grow balls. We've got room for one,maybe two, "luxury" players.

Living in 1978.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:58 am

JBG wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Living in 1978.

:wwww  :wwww  :wwww   :laugh:

I seriously doubt he was alive in 1978!!!!!

Pretends he's an old timer just to get some respect for his borish, uninformed posts.  :nod

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:00 pm

am i the only one who hasnt seen cisse sulk recently? and since hes a striker playing o the right wing (why do we always do that) and he seesmori ahead of him, i can see why he would sulk, id be fecking crying if i was him in that situation
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:02 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
JBG wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Living in 1978.

:wwww  :wwww  :wwww   :laugh:

I seriously doubt he was alive in 1978!!!!!

Pretends he's an old timer just to get some respect for his borish, uninformed posts.  :nod

it is funny though how John Bull and Lakes appear after a defeat though,you can set your watch by them..... :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:31 pm

dawson99 wrote:am i the only one who hasnt seen cisse sulk recently? and since hes a striker playing o the right wing (why do we always do that) and he seesmori ahead of him, i can see why he would sulk, id be fecking crying if i was him in that situation

Cos he's given up and he knows he'll be off in the summer.

Ah well....

It is a bit strange coping with being back to the normal course of events because it's been so long - We had Houlliers :censored: last season, then Owen leaving and Gerrard dithering, then the high of the European cup last season, It's been a while since we had a level period.
AlanHansen

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:37 pm

i dunno tho if hes given up or the team gave up on him. i know theres more to it and its a bizarre situation but i cant se whywe dont play him up front instead of mori
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:51 pm

Although your right Phil, i think Johnbull sort of has apoint.

I only watched the match at home, didnt really have the money for a ticket.
But when i seen the team sheet i was disappointed.
With Hyypia and Riise out, he didnt have much of a choice there, but as cggy said why play Morientes and Crouch in the biggest game of the season ?
They have not shown an ounce of promise as a partnership all season.
Crouch has been very unlucky, he does seem cursed with the amount of near misses he has.
Morientes on the other hand offers nothing what so ever.
He might do a fancy turn or drag bag once or twice in a game, but thats not enough.
If you asked any striker in the world to play off Crouch imo the first thing they would do is this.....if the ball is knocked in towards Crouch 9 times out of 10 he will win it.....a good idea for his co striker would be to gamble and get in the space where it might drop, Morienres doesn't.
He seems to have no desire or awareness at all, like a player that is either out of his depth or being asked to play in a position that he is unfamiliar with.
Now we all know that Nando has bags of natural ability but for him to be playing this badly his attitude and desire need to be questioned imo.
Aldridge recently said all good strikers have droughts, but they are usually in the right position to miss chances....Morientes isn't even doing that.
I know Rafa is not stupid, he is stuck with what he has got until the summer and i fully expect Nando and Cisse to be gone then and 2 strikers brought in.
     I am amazed at the progress rafa has made, the man is doing more than anyone expected, we are dominating virtually every game we play, now lets get the players that can turn the possesion and chances into goals, because at the end of the day....goals win games...not clean sheets.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion