Boring boring liverpoool - Who else thinks liverpool are boring?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:04 pm

I agree with just about every word of that (although Crouch is worth more than 5 Mill, as we'll probably find out in January). That's a few of the reasons why I don't think our title aspirations are realistic anymore this season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:07 pm

bigmick wrote:
Owzat wrote:I'm sorry but we're unbeaten and not having a serious tilt at the title even though we're only six points off the top?!?!?! Not having a go at you, but what situation will we be looking at a serious tilt at the title? Is it only when we've won our first nine or ten league games? We could have won yesterday and probably should have, if we're conceding the title already then I have to wonder if this is the same Liverpool I have supported for over TWENTY years. We're not in a perfect position, but we're better off than any of the 10 points out of 21 starts we've had under Rafa (all three previous seasons)

Well we'll see mate and I hope I'm wrong. Certainly in the short term, our fixtures are favourable enough that we can be in there for a fair bit longer, so there'll plenty of opportunity for everyone to tell me I've called it wrong, and I hope I have.

Out of the top teams though, Chelsea have already played Man Utd and ourselves Away. Arsenal have played us Away and Man Utd at Home, Man Utd have been to the emirates and have played Chelsea at Home, while we have played both Arsenal and Chelsea at Home. We are soon going to play Man Utd at Home, meaning in the second half of the season we've got to go and play all the other big clubs on their home grounds.

Allied to that, is the fact that the other three teams are currently playing football on a different level to us. Now I know we have horrendous injuries and the rest, but clearly at the moment we are fourth out of four.

So I'm sorry Owz, with the greatest respect I think we are at best big outsiders as I've said. If you disagree with me, open yourself up a betfair acount and get yourself a bit of the eleven and a half to one. Given we play Fulham next in  a game we must surely win, we'll probably tighten up a point or so and you could probably trade back for a profit anyhow.

I'm not saying we'll win the title, just seems so many contradictions on this forum it's unbelievable. We're unbeaten yet noone seems to think we'll win the title, I'm way short of being an optimist but then I ask why are so few prepared to admit Rafa might be gotten rid of? What makes people think a team unbeaten after eleven games that is short of title credentials is going to miraculously become a cert next season? We're three strikers short of having a decent quartet, we're struggling to put out three top CBs and our midfield is still shocking. It's a miracle we're unbeaten, maybe that is a sign we can win it!

And if we're "clearly fourth out of four" what makes people think we'll be first out of four next season? Or the next? Or the next?

And betting is for mugs, if it weren't then noone could afford to be a bookie since it has to be easy money for them or there wouldn't be odds all over the place. They're not even good odds, back something between 14-1 and 30-1 for the Grand National and you may make some money since the odds are worthwhile, no point backing favourites and the odds on football are a joke. Go for the 3-0s or high draws and you might not win often but at least when you do it won't be at 9-4. Isn't it a coincidence that the sins which the government make money out of are legal and yet they're supposed to be working FOR us.

Gambling - lots of people lose house and home, brings in £££ for the government

Smoking - kills people and yet the ££££ means it won't be banned outright

I tell you, if the government could get away with it they'd put a high tax on underage sex and make it legal
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:10 pm

Elchris wrote:
Sarge wrote:we are nowhere near arsenal quality.

and we expect to win this year's premier? don't kid yourselves..

Lets say fabregaes and toure gets injured , then we will see if arsenal remains unbeaten

Then lets say Gerrard and Carra gets injured... let's see how long we are unbeatened? .... Why deny the fact that they have earned their points. Give credit where credit is due..... But in all honesty, screw 'em... I'm more interested in how WE are playing at the moment.....

And fact of the matter, IMHO, is that we are absolutely shocking.

I donno what other excuses I can come up with now....

:down:
ConnO'var

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:22 pm

4th out of four, spot on there.  We have been in limbo for too long now, never quite getting to that extra level (with Chelsea, Utd & Arsenal) but being a cut above than the rest.  I'm not concerned with sexy football as long as we are winning but we aren't winning enough unfortunately.  I don't like Rafa's style of play, it's too negative generally.  We seem to play not to lose rather than to win. 

We are STILL a few quality players short of what could be a great side.  Another quality striker is a priority.  The winger and CB aren't as urgent IMO but I'd like to see the Americans money put on the table for these areas asap.
Rockthekop

Postby Avi Cohen » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Just checking out the stats of Rafa's first title with Valencia 2001-2002
Top scorers:
Aurelio (defender) - 8
Aimar (Midfielder) - 8
Carew (striker) - 8
Doesn't auger well for anyone hoping of attacking football, does it?
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Avi Cohen wrote:Just checking out the stats of Rafa's first title with Valencia 2001-2002
Top scorers:
Aurelio (defender) - 8
Aimar (Midfielder) - 8
Carew (striker) - 8

attacking football isnt going to happen under rafa.  Its not entertaining or exciting at all.  Its football where the first intention is not to concede.  At the time of the appointment people did say they were shocked that LFC went with a negative coach and there is no doubt his negative.  Athens was another example of the negativity where rafa refused to go for the win and we lost because of it.  This style isnt condusive to scoring goals and isnt a style which will deliver the title.
puroresu

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Its we have some players in the 11, who are not up to the job.

Dirk Kuyt, he works hard, but has not cutting edge and cannot score regularly. He may as well be a winger.

Peter Crouch, Good on the deck, but has no pace, and cannot head the ball well.

babel: unproven and inexperienced. in 2/3 years he may well be an excellent player, but not yet.

and so on.
Torres 2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:29 pm

Liverpool fans are to loyal to start getting on the back of the mananger, so it's pretty obvious we'll be continuing to play this style of football until the board realise Benitez isn't the right man for Liverpool and finally appoint a footballing manager, who also shows some passion for Liverpool Football Club. Paul Jewell and Sammy Lee as our new number 1 and 2. Bring back the scousers.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:05 pm

Our style of play and it needs to be reviewed and improved.  We need to progress, but we seem to have reached a plateau. The passing, touch and control is simply not good enough. Players appear to be on a string, limiting their movement. We are just way to rigid.

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:07 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Paul Jewell and Sammy Lee as our new number 1 and 2. Bring back the scousers.

:laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:32 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool fans are to loyal to start getting on the back of the mananger, so it's pretty obvious we'll be continuing to play this style of football until the board realise Benitez isn't the right man for Liverpool and finally appoint a footballing manager, who also shows some passion for Liverpool Football Club. Paul Jewell and Sammy Lee as our new number 1 and 2. Bring back the scousers.

You have to be taking the p*ss, surely?  :laugh:
ivor_the_injun

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Its depressing to think that Pompey looking more entertaining than us. 
Do the majority of our players lack the top level technique?
puroresu

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:41 pm

puroresu wrote:Its depressing to think that Pompey looking more entertaining than us. 
Do the majority of our players lack the top level technique?

We are gonna move to a 60k stadium... A little attacking football won't do us any harm.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Yes, the majority of our players lack the top level technique and Pompey are looking more entertaining than us.

F*cking hell fella. We've in a rut, and we're gradually playing our way out of it. Do you really think Rafa's going to go 3-4-3 when we're not in form?

I swear to god more and more Liverpool fans are starting to sound like Roman Abramovich. He fired Mourinho because his team were too efficient in their football, and not attacking enough. If you want to paint your "Rafa Out - Keegan In" banners, you go right ahead.

For me, let's keep our good defensive record, find a formula that will bring goals at the other end, and take it from there. Results first, even if the performances don't come until later. It's the only way it can work.
ivor_the_injun

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:44 pm

puroresu wrote:
Avi Cohen wrote:Just checking out the stats of Rafa's first title with Valencia 2001-2002
Top scorers:
Aurelio (defender) - 8
Aimar (Midfielder) - 8
Carew (striker) - 8

attacking football isnt going to happen under rafa.  Its not entertaining or exciting at all.  Its football where the first intention is not to concede.  At the time of the appointment people did say they were shocked that LFC went with a negative coach and there is no doubt his negative.  Athens was another example of the negativity where rafa refused to go for the win and we lost because of it.  This style isnt condusive to scoring goals and isnt a style which will deliver the title.

Rafa's style won't work in england..... Here (unlike the spanish & italian team from a few years ago)..don't drop that many points.

A win and a loss is better than 2 draws. Its no use being unbeaten when we are drawing a sh1tload of matches.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion