Wingers... - Something that needs to be addressed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 pm

neil wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:Smicer

I'd say smicer was a success. I seem to remember him playing inside rather than the wings though.

he was ok...but got injured far too much to make an infulence on a regular basis
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ray Pugh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Ashley Young (approx 12-16 million)
Adam Johnson (approx 9-13 million)

I like the idea of starting with Young on the right and Adam Johnson on the left to give us that width we've been missing. In games where this is not working, get them to switch wings meaning they will cut inside more hopefully freeing up space for Glen Johnson (or Kelly) and a NEW left back to overlap more.
Ray Pugh

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Ray Pugh wrote:Adam Johnson (approx 9-13 million)

:Oo:

in what world?

you're looking at £16m-£20m for him now tbh

City dont need the money. they can play hardball as we're one of their main competitors for a top 4 slot
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ray Pugh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
Ray Pugh wrote:Adam Johnson (approx 9-13 million)

:Oo:

in what world?

you're looking at £16m-£20m for him now tbh

City dont need the money. they can play hardball as we're one of their main competitors for a top 4 slot

They only signed him for 6 million and although he started off like a man possessed he hasn't played much at all this season so I don't think 13 million would be a bad offer for them.

I also think he will want to leave in the summer (maybe even a transfer request) which can reduce the fee sometimes, although as you say its easy for Man City to play hard ball
Ray Pugh

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Ya city don't need the cash, so they can basically choose where he goes.  That means he's either going to end up at a lesser team or in a different league.  City see the overhaul we are doing and the changes we are making and they don't want to help us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Greavesie wrote:I really don't know what to make of Jarvis, has anyone watched in often this season? My mate supports Wolves reckons he's the sh!t but I don't take that as much of a compliment towards the guy (no offence Wolves fans :D )

I'd rather go for Johnson

I'm a big fan of Jarvis, was impressed with him when they beat us at Anfield earlier this season and i've followed him more closely since. Bet his price will sky-rocket now he's getting some England recognition though.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion