Bellamy as good as gone - Plus new wingers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:35 pm

I think when he joined Rafa probably said keep your nose clean, no bother in the changing room no in house fighting.
But that incident was the nail in his coffin, Ive never been a fan of his, but I was willing to accept him even though he had a bad rep.
His problem was being rotated and the way other teams defend against us he never got any space and the way we set up just didnt suit him. He will do well at another club playing 5-4-1 and will probably score against us next season.
My mums gutted he's leaving she really likes him, Ive never took to him.

His wife moved back to Cardiff a while back anyway she hated Liverpool maybe that has something to do with it also.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:36 pm

Being bought by Liverpool and offered a fancy wage is a footballers dream move.

Why is it some just cant handle the situation? Bellamy came with a tidal wave of goodwill and not to beat about the bush, totally fcuked himself.

El Hadji Arsewipe did the same. Diao came and decided he didnt really want to play.

I´m sure there are plenty more - not bad buys, but lads who had the talent but just cracked and did themselves out of a great career.

I feel sorry for Bellamy, he should have worked out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Baros comes in that bracket for me. In our 2005 CL run he started mouthing off to journalists about how good he was and how nailed on to the first 11 he thought he should be. Come the summer, he's regarding a move to Villa as a "good move for his career".

Players need to get it into their heads - after LFC, it's a one-way road and it leads sharply downwards. If you get the chance to play for the club, you need to grab it with both hands. Bellamy's a good player, but not once has he made himself look indispensable.
ivor_the_injun

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 am

I was not impressed when we signed him and would be more than happy to see him leave. He was worthy of his place in the squad last season but he is not good enough if we are to challenge for the PL. He is also a :censored:.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:31 am

so true..... i remember king kennys comments once..... neither he or anyone else is bigger than the club and the club will still be around well after he was gone (sad cause i wish he was still with us even in the ceo's chair) but no truer words have been said....

when are these big name players going to realise the priviledge it is to play for this club and that they must show respect at all times....

when they get their chance to play they must grab it for good and not to be seduced by the dark side..
cpc4eva

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:25 am

Man, when Bellamy was paraded at Anfield, I read dozens of posts here to say that it was the best thing since sliced bread....Just read the posts above and you see how fickle people are....
Sure, he has a short fuse; Sure, he makes bad decisions; Sure, he didn't score as many as he could have....But, was it all his fault ? I say No, it wasn't.....
I don't believe the formation or the style of play let him, and more importantly, even though he's a quick little bugger, so too are many Premiership players and they're wise to him.
It ain't all his fault he hasn't been as successful as he could have been.
Personally I don't think he got the service....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 am

The problem with Bellamy is he needed to have a storming season to guarantee football here this season. And the fact of the matter is he didn't, it was average even by his own standards.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:52 am

Its unfair to say "he didn't get the service" when he needs balls threaded behind the defence to be effective. And unfortunately its hard to do that when teams defend on the 18 yrd line. Sadly coupling this up with his need to be a tool all the time sealed his fate. Any who, wev'e got El Nino!!! :buttrock
burjennio

Postby BillyE » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:07 pm

I don't think Bellamy got to play as much as he needed.  Whether that is through his attitude, his performances in training or something but it looks 100% he will be off.  I honestly believe he is a decent player but it just hasn't happened for him with us.  If he's sold i hope he does the decnt thing and leaves with his pride intact, don't go bad mouthing Liverpool or the manager because it will only reflect on him.
BillyE

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:50 pm

Bellamy's a victim of:

1) His very slow start
2) The fact that teams sit deep against us (giving him no room to run in behind and capitalize on his pace)
3) A rotation policy that monkeyed with his form and mentality
4) His own off-field antics (the nutter with the putter...)
5) New owners who are prepared to splash the cash on top drawer players (I doubt he'd have been surplus to requirements if H&G hadn't arrived)

He'll be sold to a mid-table club, he'll mouth off to the press about Rafa and then he'll settle in and start scoring again because he'll have returned to his proper level.  I was happy to sign him last year given our budget constraints but I'm happy to move him on now given our greater ambitions in the transfer market and, indeed, on the pitch.  Tara Craig and thanks for the memory (Nou Camp)! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Bellamy's a victim of:

4) His own off-field antics (the nutter with the putter...)

Tara Craig and thanks for the memory (Nou Camp)! :D

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Strong rumours that we've had a 13,5 million bid for Quaresma rejected, so I guess he could be one of the wingers. Personally I think Bellamy will go to West Ham with Benayoun coming the other way (good squad player and similar to Garcia, cept he's an ugly :censored: :D) and we'll sign a top class winger. A new centre half/left back woudln't surprise me either.

In other news it looks like Tevez is off to the Mancs, bad news, but since we've signed Torres and Voronin I don't think we'll be in the race for any strikers, especially at the price Tevez will cost.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:25 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Man, when Bellamy was paraded at Anfield, I read dozens of posts here to say that it was the best thing since sliced bread....Just read the posts above and you see how fickle people are....
Sure, he has a short fuse; Sure, he makes bad decisions; Sure, he didn't score as many as he could have....But, was it all his fault ? I say No, it wasn't.....
I don't believe the formation or the style of play let him, and more importantly, even though he's a quick little bugger, so too are many Premiership players and they're wise to him.
It ain't all his fault he hasn't been as successful as he could have been.
Personally I don't think he got the service....

Spot on. If this happens we are going to regret this move.
club_Levis

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:58 pm

club_Levis wrote:Spot on. If this happens we are going to regret this move.

:no

All this sh'ite about Bellamy . Never understood it and never wanted him anyway . Sure , he looked good when playing for Newcastle / Blackburn, but lets face it even a brillo pad shines when surrounded by sh'it.

When Bellamy got the chance to step up to the real big time , ie play for Liverpool his limitations were exposed . Surrounded by players of a superior quality, was he able to use that to his advantage?, was he f'uck, he was seen for what he really is , a slightly above average striker who shines in a mid table type team but hasn't got the nous to translate athletic ability into something more .He's got to be one of the dumbest forwards ever to play for us . Surely he holds the record for the number of times a Liverpool striker was caught offside ? and he's only been with us one season . The fella has no brain on or off the pitch ,thick as two short planks , I'll be more than happy to see the back of him.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:05 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Surely he holds the record for the number of times a Liverpool striker was caught offside?

Yeah and they all came in one game. :D

Like a lot of our players Craig falls into that bracket of being a decent but nothing special type of player.

Put it this way, he's hardly get a look in at the mancs or Chelsea, and they certainly wouldn't be interested in him if we try and sell him. He belongs to a team outside the top 4 in my opinion, a Spurs, Bolton, Everton sort of team, I'm sure he'd prosper there.

I'm pretty sure he'll be looking for another club (no pun intended)  :laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion