Bellamy as good as gone - Plus new wingers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Bellamy's a victim of:

1) His very slow start
2) The fact that teams sit deep against us (giving him no room to run in behind and capitalize on his pace)
3) A rotation policy that monkeyed with his form and mentality
4) His own off-field antics (the nutter with the putter...)
5) New owners who are prepared to splash the cash on top drawer players (I doubt he'd have been surplus to requirements if H&G hadn't arrived)

He'll be sold to a mid-table club, he'll mouth off to the press about Rafa and then he'll settle in and start scoring again because he'll have returned to his proper level.  I was happy to sign him last year given our budget constraints but I'm happy to move him on now given our greater ambitions in the transfer market and, indeed, on the pitch.  Tara Craig and thanks for the memory (Nou Camp)! :D

Too true Stu, 100% spot on!!  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Paul C wrote:

1) His very slow start
2) The fact that teams sit deep against us (giving him no room to run in behind and capitalize on his pace)
5) New owners who are prepared to splash the cash on top drawer players (I doubt he'd have been surplus to requirements if H&G hadn't arrived)

He'll be sold to a mid-table club, he'll mouth off to the press about Rafa and then he'll settle in and start scoring again because he'll have returned to his proper level.  I was happy to sign him last year given our budget constraints but I'm happy to move him on now given our greater ambitions in the transfer market and, indeed, on the pitch.  Tara Craig and thanks for the memory (Nou Camp)! :D

Hope you had a condom on that tongue .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Paul C wrote:

1) His very slow start

Jeallousy is a terrible thing Woof  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:46 pm

I thought bellamy was a strange signing. Never believed he would do well here and didnt think he was a striker for Benitez.  If there was no £6 mil clause rafa I dont think rafa would of signed him.
puroresu

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Paul C wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Paul C wrote:

1) His very slow start

Jeallousy is a terrible thing Woof  :;):

Maybe I missed something , the post was from Bad Bob and you're reply was "Too tru Stu" , I thought maybe you'd gone up the wrong hole   :D . Hence the condom alert.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:23 pm

does this mean i have to go back to hating him now .... damn it i had just got used to his constant winding up of refs and defenders

i reckon he has been unlucky in that we haven't used his assets to the best and he got fed up working for the team, he and cissie are pace merchants and need a player to put them in, we don't play like that at the moment which is a reason rafa won't go for owen

i will bet a kick in the slacks that he scores against us when we meet him this season though
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:26 pm

The problem is that everybody started sucking Bellamys dick too quick. He has always had the attributes he played out of his skin in that season at Blackburn. He was never going to recreate that form again, we were just expecting too much of him. Let him go.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:56 pm

1) His very slow start

Think that sums it up pretty well to be honest.

I wasn't against the signing of Bellamy, I thought we might have been able to get the best out of him.  If he'd have worked out then great, if he didn't then we still knew we were at least going to recoup the 6 million we paid for him.  Exploiting his release clause at Blackburn was a no-lose situation for us, and was worth doing considering our lack of cash until the new owners took over.

Good player, not quite Liverpool class as we probably suspected last summer.  Judging by Benitez's comments, he's definitely out this summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:59 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
club_Levis wrote:Spot on. If this happens we are going to regret this move.

:no

All this sh'ite about Bellamy . Never understood it and never wanted him anyway . Sure , he looked good when playing for Newcastle / Blackburn, but lets face it even a brillo pad shines when surrounded by sh'it.

When Bellamy got the chance to step up to the real big time , ie play for Liverpool his limitations were exposed . Surrounded by players of a superior quality, was he able to use that to his advantage?, was he f'uck, he was seen for what he really is , a slightly above average striker who shines in a mid table type team but hasn't got the nous to translate athletic ability into something more .He's got to be one of the dumbest forwards ever to play for us . Surely he holds the record for the number of times a Liverpool striker was caught offside ? and he's only been with us one season . The fella has no brain on or off the pitch ,thick as two short planks , I'll be more than happy to see the back of him.

100% agree with your post. I remember i got slated on this board for saying that Bellamy was a poor signing and a completly average player. I remember loads of posters saying things like " if he scored 17 at Blackburn then he will get 25 here" and other such rubbish. The only plus is that we got him on the cheap and will at least get our money back.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:09 pm

I think it was obvious Bellamy was on his way out after the training camp incident in Portugal. As for players in as I've said many times I'd like to see us sign Matty Taylor from Portsmouth and Morten Gamst Pedersen looks like he could do a job on our left.

1) What about the likes of Joaquin who we were after a couple of years ago, I don't know much about him so is worth having?
2) James Milner is a lad who is thought to have a bright future would he worth signing? IMO no but some might like him
3) Aaron Lennon--possibly out of reach because Spurs don't want to see their best players
4) Defoe is always linked with us but I wouldn't like him at Anfield
5) Phillip Lahm is a player I've been impressed with and he may be a good signing for us as a new full back
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:10 pm

I strongly disagree with all the people saying Bellamy was a bad signing and a poor player. At the time we got him for a good price when we didn't have the money to buy anyone better.

Bellamy has given 100% in a liverpool shirt and he's kept his mouth shut also, despite all the media around him hoping he would fail.  If he goes i will be disapointed and wish him luck.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Like woof I too think that he's only slightly over average striker. I too think that Liverpool should have better players than him. But if I have to be honest, if I analyse him season as third striker I can't say he has done a bad job for what I expected of him. I don't think he could do much better than he did under the circunstances.

It's obvious that as the "pacy striker" role Torres is light years better, and that he's a more worthy talent  for Liverpool than Bellamy is, but at the same time, I cannot say many bad things about what I've seen of Bellamy this season, I saw him working hard in the pitch...
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:32 pm

i find it amusing that people say Bellamy is average and poor...yet a few months were arguing for Fowler to be given a new contract.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:36 pm

7_Kewell wrote:i find it amusing that people say Bellamy is average and poor...yet a few months were arguing for Fowler to be given a new contract.

well seing as Fowler scored nearly the same amount of goals as Bellamy in about 1/3 of the apearances, i can see why people, ,myself included wanted Fowler to stay. Let me guess you think Bellamy's good coz he's fast and Fowlers poor coz he's slow. Typical
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:43 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i find it amusing that people say Bellamy is average and poor...yet a few months were arguing for Fowler to be given a new contract.

well seing as Fowler scored nearly the same amount of goals as Bellamy in about 1/3 of the apearances, i can see why people, ,myself included wanted Fowler to stay. Let me guess you think Bellamy's good coz he's fast and Fowlers poor coz he's slow. Typical

Fowler wasn't just slow...he was past it and was an embarressment in the league where he failed to score ANY goals in open play. I was away at Everton and i have to say watching Fowler play was like watching a car crash. Bellamy gave 100% and could play on the wing as well as up front.  He had pace and he had fitness...he could play 90 mins running his socks off....Fowler couldn't do ANY of that and he was living off the past, hence no one wants him since Rafa sent him packing.

He's a legend...i accept that, but so is Ian Rush...but i would want him playing up front with Torres next season.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion